Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 66 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 65 66
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I can’t say enough about our fellow Canadians, the support has been amazing all the way across. I’m feeling some pride again right now. Police, fire, EMT have all been out showing their support.

Hutterites followed the convoy from Manitoba to Kenora to help feed everyone last night as they couldn’t get food to them earlier in the afternoon.

Not quite as many people out on the stretch through Ontario so far but still lots of cheers and smiling faces. Residents in the Thunder Bay Area have been extremely hospitable, clearing a huge parking lot and setting up fire barrels and a huge dinner. Pizza, perogies, sandwiches, hamburgers, smokies, Persians!?? (Cinnamon bun with strawberry icing, delicious!), coffee, garlic bread and spaghetti, fruit, candy, you name it.

Keep it going you guys!

Pitter Patter!
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Jim;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the day's been a good one for you all out east and you're all healthy.

Perhaps you're correct in that the protest won't have any positive movement from the government, but I would suggest that if nothing else it will indicate to the citizens of Ontario how unsatisfied the rest of the country is with the federal government that they've been instrumental in electing.

Please note I'm not in any way indicating you personally did that, but Crown Prince Shiny Pony got re-elected in the populated areas of the east, certainly not anywhere west of the Manitoba border.

The extreme lack of coverage by all mainstream media outlets at this point might indicate to me that it could come as a surprise to some of our fellow Canadians that all is not well out west, you know?

If the protest does nothing else, it may cause folks in the urban centers to learn the hard way the mechanics of the supply distribution system as well.

Who knows? Not me for sure, but we can only try.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

Well said, as always

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Saw Trudeau on the news tonight, looked desperate, the briefing was dated the 25th, so they waited until the convoy reached Ontario before they aired their Primeminister beak about a problem he created, he looked like a beaten child, then he gave his demented smug look lol.

The problem? he has been acting like a dictator, he has been static and single minded during the entire so called pandemic.
His party seems to consist of People put into roles because of a need to show diversity, not the best Man or Woman for the job.

So now with things unraveling on the Vaccine front, simply....it isn't working, Peoples businesses, in some cases families have been destroyed. Personally, I don't think I know a family that hasn't had a divide of some nature within their family caused by the so-called Vaccine mandate.

So now Trudeau (Butts) need to morph from.... you need this Vaccine.... to, ok we can back off on the Vaccine now, we have decided that, not the citizens, not anyone but the Government will decide when it ends. They will never admit they were wrong, sound familiar? The longer they continue with the mandates, the more difficult it is going to be for Trudeau to Govern, and in my view, he is finished, but I doubt he would ever resign.

Last edited by 673; 01/26/22.
K
K
I won't comment on the politics involved in Canada. I will say I support the fact that many are standing up, putting their mouth and actions where their thoughts are. If the world used this as an example we would be better off.

I would hope other countries wake up and support their honest thoughts on the matter with actions such as I see with the Canadian truckers. No intention to butt in or offend. Just my support of the intention for more freedoms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZUO1L8KcJ0

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Other countries ARE seeing this and joining in and even supporting us.

This is a freedom rally for ALL and we want the world to see this and to stand up with us and against their own oppression. So join the conversation and take it with you and spread the message.

Pitter Patter!
IC B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I see a lot of Love and support expressed locally on Facebook—a local OPP I know posted a video on Facebook of a large cloud of supporters waiting on an overpass early on this cold morning. (Hodder Ave Thunder Bay). That particular OPP was totally supportive as we’re all the signs people where waving.
Imagine my surprise when I see the headline of the local Thunder Bay newspaper covering this event. I read the accompanying article. Reporters threatened? Right wing separatist truckers threating local reporters—refusing to be interviewed? A reporter threatened with trespassing charges? Only about a hundred trucks?—most of them local loggers and we all know how they drive?
Just from my own Facebook feed the Thunder Bay paper is totally clueless😡 They are the ones spreading misinformation!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, CKDR (local radio) news was about the same.

Piss poor !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Lots of misinformation for sure. We had a news van park beside us yesterday though I didn’t catch the name.

We are currently just getting going at Thunder bay, we’re two hours behind schedule. Sounds like the weather ahead is delaying things.

Pitter Patter!
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Good morning, thank you for the updates, this is one of the few avenues that Citizens have for "truth".
Many People don't have access to any of this "truth" and only have access to a television/radio, for a variety of reasons and are therefore, subjected to misinformation.

I figured that when the People reached Ontario the media would really dig deep and pull every trick they know, and Trudeau is going to shine putting us against one another.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
MSM is doing their best to cause divide but the people know better. Rachel parents article in the National post this morning seemed to get the message across the best though I only skimmed it.

Reports are that trudy is now in isolation instead of on vacation after yesterday’s live report?

Pitter Patter!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Morning my friend, I see your light is on and figure the coffee must be as well.

The fire's been lit for a couple hours here though it's not as cold here as it was up ice fishing yesterday.

Anyways here's Quick Dick's thoughts on the matter for anyone interested.

Have a good one sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
What a surprise, Trudeau says he needs to go into isolation because he may have been exposed to the Wuhan. He tested negative, but will isolate anyways LOL.
Are you fugging kidding me??.......... you just can't make this stuff up, but......I guess you can.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Thanks Dwayne.

Some friendly folks from Thunder Bay delivered an entire box of coffee for me to my window this morning as we were lining up in the convoy. BIL doesn’t drink it so I have it all to myself.

I will check out his thoughts as soon as I can. The video does not currently want to load for me. We were talking about where he was the other day as we thought he would be likely to join.

Take care and enjoy the fire.

673, this just means he can’t go on vacation either!

Pitter Patter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nashville;
Thanks for the update sir!

A personal and sincere thank you to you as well for making the trip, I can't say enough about how much I appreciate you doing so.

QDM has some interesting thoughts and as with most things I agree with some and not with others, but that's a big part of what I'd personally like to see come back into acceptable conduct, that is the ability to respectfully disagree and have an adult conversation about it.

You and all the rest of the group headed to Ottawa are in my thoughts and prayers for sure. For safe travel, no breakdowns and then for wisdom to handle the unknowns that are coming your way.

Thanks again and stay safe on the winter roads.

Dwayne

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nashville;
Morning one more time sir.

Here's a quick video of a fellow in the group who has experienced what you've said - people along the way offering food, a place to stay and support.

But indeed, it's just a "fringe element" doing all this....

All the best sir, be safe on the road.

Dwayne

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Every 5 minutes the media cycles the Trudeau meltdown.
"unacceptable views do not represent the views of Canadians" unacceptable to whom?

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Making our way into Nipigon ON right now.

Pitter Patter!
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Nash—what’s the crowd like in Nipigon? That bridge is the only hiway link between East and West Canada. I couldn’t make it down this morning it’s 32 miles south of me.
I immigrated to Canada 50 years ago this month and I remember the hippies that covered that bridge protesting the war. I was on that bridge when Terry Fox crossed it—I was there when Rick in the wheelchair rolled across some years later and I was there when every Indian in the neighborhood marched across it protesting the harmonization of GST and Prov tax.
I have never seen anything like the video’s on my Facebook page and You-Tube concerning the turn-out in Thunder Bay. The major news CTV and the CBC can no longer ignore it—but they are mostly reporting on how busy the Ottawa police agencies are preparing for all the violence that is on its way.
In my 50 years in Canada I have never seen anything like this—Iam really really proud of you guys!!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I just heard that some of the trucks are gonna take Hwy 11 North instead of 17 East at Nipigon because of lake effect snow towards Sault Ste Marie. Same distance to Ottawa either way. I’m gonna snowshoe up to the hiway to cheer them on.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Last edited by cleanbarrel; 01/27/22.
Page 7 of 66 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 65 66

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1234, 19rabbit52, 1lessdog, 55 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,859
Posts18,517,785
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.