-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didnt smoke but I always requested to be seated in “Smoking” because there were usually no screaming infants in that part of the eating joint

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Ashtrays on the shopping cart handles, in the Dr office between the seats, sports stadiums, desks in every office environment.

Smoking was almost expected.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I have some of those match books. My wife used to work at a McDonald's regional office. They had a big bowl of them at the front desk.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We had cigarette machines in every gas station I worked in. I remember having to fill them occasionally. We usually had a box of match packs sitting on top of the machine. They were $.50 a pack. I remember when they went up to $.75, you'd think the world was coming to an end.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I remember the cigarette machines all over the place when I was young. The best was the beer machines on base. I remember 12oz cans for 35 cents in the machine at the Navy Lodge. Good times !

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I don’t remember ever getting a pack of matches out of the machine with the cigarettes. But I do remember every Restaurant and bar having free packs of “gopher” matches on the counter.
GrandDad called them gopher matches. You light one then you have to go fer another. 🤠

That's pretty funny. I've never heard that before, but it's so true.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I remember when cigarettes were .50 a pack.
My friends who smoked all said, when they go up to .75 I will quit, never did.
Then it was, when they got to $1.00, 1.50, 1.75 etc, I will quit. They never did.
If they kept smoking, they are probably dead from cancer now.
Just like my wife. Started smoking at 16, dead from lung cancer at 56.
Anyone who starts smoking is a fool.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I remember those. Back in HS on lunch break walking to the local Italian restaurant with a cigarette machine. A pack of Marlboros was $3.00 back then. We’d ask the person at the register for 3.00 in quarters and she’s say “you don’t want quarters for the cigarette machine right?” No mam! Back five years earlier our friends dad would give him a $20 and a note granting permission for the clerk at a party store to sell us cigarettes for him and let us keep the change for pops. Different times for sure and I’m glad that I quit smoking along time ago. Not smoking when I drank was a hard habit quit.

$3?! When I started smoking they were .85c a pack. We had a smoking section in high school. My parents signed a note for me when I was 14.
They had to be Fugkin retarded.

Yep. Our HS had a smoking section too. I didn’t start till my first year of college. Smoked for 38 years. Quit 5 or 6 years ago.

Did y'all just quit cold turkey?
My wife is addicted. Tries to quit and fails, she was almost off them taking the chantix when they pulled it.

Mine smoke too,tried to quit a couple of time, it will kill her.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

My wife is addicted. Tries to quit and fails, she was almost off them taking the chantix when they pulled it.

There is a generic version of Chantix out now called Varenicline that just came on the market. Chantix was pulled because they found impurities in the pills from the manufacturing process, not because of a problem with the drug itself.

That drug gave wifey weird dreams, my friend too, used that as excuse to keep smoking

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by hanco

There is a generic version of Chantix out now called Varenicline that just came on the market. Chantix was pulled because they found impurities in the pills from the manufacturing process, not because of a problem with the drug itself.

That drug gave wifey weird dreams, my friend too, used that as excuse to keep smoking

I hear that a lot, too. I remind them that, if they keep smoking, the nightmares are likely to come true. Addiction is an awful thing, that’s for sure. Best of luck to your wife and friend.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I remember being stranded on vacation with my parents. Those cigarette machines at the motels were lifesavers!

Things were better then. My HS had student smoking areas.

Last edited by Tyrone; 01/29/22.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Airlines use to handout complimentary 4 packs.
I flew alone to grandma's house a good bit when I was 13, 14, 15 years old, they made me sit upfront cause I was a kid.
Airline stewardess had no problem giving me the free cigarettes but made me go to the back of the plane to smoke them.

Pilots use to let me go in the cockpit to see what they were doing, they'd give me little complimentary wing pins to stick on my shirt.

Kids today don't get schit for free when they fly alone.

[Linked Image from viewfromthewing.com]

[Linked Image from thumbs.worthpoint.com]

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I think we all should start smoking, the MFer’s that own those companies need more money.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And we might rid the world of fat kids.

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

I remember when I was a kid, my parents stuck me in a Catholic school to learn discipline. Didn't work BTW. Anyway, one day Sister Mary Jane caught me, RA and JA (Initials only to protect the guilty) smoking and asked if we had our parents permission to do so. Of course we all answered yes. This was on a Friday afternoon after school. Sister said she'd be checking with our parents whether we were allowed to smoke. Long story short, Monday morning sister opens the class with he running into us smooooking (she drew the word out real long) and they said they had parental permission. Then she said two were liars, JA and RA, to the boys Bathroom. After about 20 minutes or so they all came back to the class room msister grinning like mad and two very unhappy looking boys. Neither would ever tell what happened in the boys bathroom.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got bad drunk in Myrtle Beach and some how found one. I don’t smoke, but I guess that night I did. I woke up the next day so stopped up, with a sinus headache, and a hangover I didn’t know what was going on. When I shook my pants out a box of Marlboro Reds fell out with one left in it. I was told I was smoking like I’d been doing it all my life. I’m glad that trip, and those days are behind me.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco

Yep. Me too. Chantix didn’t help me at all. Finally quit cold turkey.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by JeffA
And we might rid the world of fat kids.

[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Awesome add

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by goalie
The barracks at LFTCLant Little Creek had a beer machine.

I remember those in the barracks

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Paul_M

Anyone who starts smoking is a fool.

Yep....and I'll add anyone who keeps smoking.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 17CalFan, 1234, 160user, 50 invisible), 3,166 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,660
Posts18,534,038
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.