Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, Galveston sucks. Got it.

So if you’re forced to be there for a week in June (son has a camp at TA&M-Galveston, Supernerd stuff) and have a house rented on a canal??? With a fishing pier attached, what should you do for that entire week?

GB1

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheesy

So if you’re forced to be there for a week in June (son has a camp at TA&M-Galveston, Supernerd stuff) and have a house rented on a canal??? With a fishing pier attached, what should you do for that entire week?

Last time I was there, (in the summer) Galveston had some really cool kite shops. Every kind of kite you could imagine.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A friend lives there; Floreeda is much betta; I like the panhandle if it's warm enough.

Just can't beat the Keys, IMO.........................some of the greatest fishing there is with plenty of diversity in what you can target.

If, not the whole intercoastal from Englewood to Boca Grande/ Pine Key is great too.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

fish off the dock, try the food, wish I could remember the name of the place I like. I'll ask Vinah when I get home.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stxhunter

fish off the dock, try the food, wish I could remember the name of the place I like. I'll ask Vinah when I get home.

Thanks! Wife grew up in central Texas with her grandparents, and they owned a house on Port A and a 45’ boat back in the 80s/90s. Of course that was all long gone before I came along.

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Galveston has a rich history. I grew up in Houston and it was our getaway in the 60's and 70's. It's come a long way. Lots of good restaurants and plenty of sights to see. It ain't Destin, but it has some positives, and is reasonably priced - especially in the winter.

The original Frito Bandito!
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by ol_mike
My favorite is Texas City, beautiful place, I'm sure many texans will agree. smile

Have a good time wherever you choose Bb.

I live in Texas City. While it is not a bad place, but it's not anything particularly beautiful to me. Guess you were being sarcastic? Put it to you this way: If I hit the lottery, I'm outta here. The reason I'm here is that I cannot afford to move away. Crime is not bad. Been here 42 years now. City has improved dramatically in the last 30 years. Decent house and everything is paid for. Cost of living is quite reasonable. Make decent income. Life ain't bad here, but area is/has gotten way too crowded for me.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Henryseale
Originally Posted by ol_mike
My favorite is Texas City, beautiful place, I'm sure many texans will agree. smile

Have a good time wherever you choose Bb.

I live in Texas City. While it is not a bad place, but it's not anything particularly beautiful to me. Guess you were being sarcastic? Put it to you this way: If I hit the lottery, I'm outta here. The reason I'm here is that I cannot afford to move away. Crime is not bad. Been here 42 years now. City has improved dramatically in the last 30 years. Decent house and everything is paid for. Cost of living is quite reasonable. Make decent income. Life ain't bad here, but area is/has gotten way too crowded for me.

Are the politicians there still shoveling money at 6th Street?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gaido’s Seafood Restaurant used to be damn good. Haven’t been there since the 90’s. Is it still there? If so, any good still?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

551 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 160user, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 2,112 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,843
Posts18,517,235
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.