Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Post em if you got em! What do you use for turkey hunting? Shotgun, rifle, handgun, archery? If it's legal in your area and you'd like to share, please do. One of mine is a Browning Citori Satin Hunter 12ga chambered for 3-1/2" shells with a Jeb's extended and ported choke. Touching off a 3-1/2" turkey shell in this can be a little lively! Lol! Another one is a Remington 870 20ga youth I've set up as a dedicated turkey gun. I've yet to try any archery in all my years turkey hunting as I really like shotgunning for them. Where I hunt, shotguns and archery are what's legal to use. And whatever you use, where ever you hunt, enjoy!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 02/02/22.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
GB1

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You do know the bottom barrel will burn the heck out of that Jebs choke....does the Jeb shoot straight down the road ?

I had an acquaintance that bought a Jebs....he liked the pattern it shot but it was bad off right or left.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
That Jeb's is a .685", this is set up for in the woods. Have yet to need the bottom barrel and for the yardages I use this, it's right on. With your comment in mind, I'll have to try it a little further out and see what it does. Typically when using this, I have a chamber style recoil reducer in the bottom barrel. I love hearing the spitting and drumming coming through the brush!

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
By far my best shooter. Ithaca M37, 26" with a .675 choke. 3" chamber. Not sure who made the choke. Ithaca Plus chokes are the same as Browning Invector Plus. Briley makes Ithaca Plus tubes, but I think this one may be an Ithaca branded Carlsons. It holds a tight pattern of #5 and #6. More so than the .680 and .685 tubes I have on my A5 and SX4, which aren't a heck of a lot better than the standard full tubes. The thing I like about the Ithaca is hits dead on. It doesn't shoot a little high like my A5 and SX4, nor really high like my Benelli Supoer Nova. Out to 40 yards that red dot is right at the bottom third of the pattern. It also shoulders so I am looking straight down the rib, not down on it. Great gun.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by 10Glocks; 02/02/22.
L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You must carry it in a gun case....looks like a new penny.

To qualify as "your turkey getter" you need to have killed a turkey with it.....

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was pretty new then, but thanks for noticing.

No pictures of you customs SBEs?

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Well post picture of it now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good. Would love to have you join in without being a dick. You'd get more respect that way.

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Can we just share pics of our stuff please... lol!

Today is a really snowy day here, coming down like crazy! Time to clean out and organize turkey hunting clothes. I have camo that's probably older than most of the turkey hunters nowadays!

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You've seen this one:

Brand new BPS 20g. Now with a Carlsons TSS choke in it.

My A5 is fairly new. I've got a Kicks Gogglin Thunder .680 in this now. It's light and points very well, but kicks like a mule:

My Maxus II is brand new. Not sure what I'm going to use this for but it takes the bite out of 3 1/2" shlls better than the A5.

This is my SX4. It pulls double duty as a deer and turkey shotgun. Currently has a Browning x-full .685 choke in it. During deer season it has a Kicks Buck Kicker full in it. I had an SX3 some years ago and it had that soft touch camo finish on it and it got really sticky. I dusted it with corn starch and that got rid of the tack. But it looked like it had been dusted in corn starch. Ended up giving it to my brother in law. This SX4 replaced that. The SX is a good line of guns.

I no longer have my Remington 870 SP NWTF gun, or my Remington SP10, or my Browning BPS that was one of the first 3 1/2" BPS and had and engraved reciever. Wish I still had all those.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DeanAnderson
Post em if you got em! What do you use for turkey hunting? Shotgun, rifle, handgun, archery? If it's legal in your area and you'd like to share, please do. One of mine is a Browning Citori Satin Hunter 12ga chambered for 3-1/2" shells with a Jeb's extended and ported choke. Touching off a 3-1/2" turkey shell in this can be a little lively! Lol! Another one is a Remington 870 20ga youth I've set up as a dedicated turkey gun. I've yet to try any archery in all my years turkey hunting as I really like shotgunning for them. Where I hunt, shotguns and archery are what's legal to use. And whatever you use, where ever you hunt, enjoy!

This one I really like. I think O/U set up turkeys are really cool. I really dig Browning's Cynergy. I might add one of those one day. It would be a really cool gun for buckshot, too.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
You've seen this one:

Brand new BPS 20g. Now with a Carlsons TSS choke in it.

My A5 is fairly new. I've got a Kicks Gogglin Thunder .680 in this now. It's light and points very well, but kicks like a mule:

My Maxus II is brand new. Not sure what I'm going to use this for but it takes the bite out of 3 1/2" shlls better than the A5.

This is my SX4. It pulls double duty as a deer and turkey shotgun. Currently has a Browning x-full .685 choke in it. During deer season it has a Kicks Buck Kicker full in it. I had an SX3 some years ago and it had that soft touch camo finish on it and it got really sticky. I dusted it with corn starch and that got rid of the tack. But it looked like it had been dusted in corn starch. Ended up giving it to my brother in law. This SX4 replaced that. The SX is a good line of guns.

I no longer have my Remington 870 SP NWTF gun, or my Remington SP10, or my Browning BPS that was one of the first 3 1/2" BPS and had and engraved reciever. Wish I still had all those.

Nice guns hope you live long enough to get some blood on them....

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
It was pretty new then, but thanks for noticing.

No pictures of you customs SBEs?

Here's my turkey getter....before

And after....

Other than the Cerakote finish on the metal and the Limbsaver recoil pad and the Patternmaster Code Black turkey choke there's' nothing really custom about it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very cool. Who did the cerakote?

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Your barrels too long! Lol! Very nice and really like the picture of your set-up! Loves me some turkey woods!

NRA life member

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LFC
[quote=10Glocks]You've seen this one:
Nice guns hope you live long enough to get some blood on them....

I hope so, too. I'm not a collector. More of an accumulator. I think I'm at 50 or 55 guns so far in the accumulation, haven't counted recnetly. All have been shot, few have been hunted with more than once or twice a season.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My turkey getter ??

LOL !!!! Which one ??

I don't have pics taken but of a couple of them, but............

This is my current go-to :

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

But his is what my last gobbler succumbed to :

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by Yoder409; 02/02/22.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Here is my back up I built a few years back

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Like that SXS for sure.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
pullit, how is your Burris mounted? I had a flat spot milled on top of the receiver to mount the Burris I use.

NRA life member

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (160user, 10ring1, 12344mag, 117LBS, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 2,665 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,739
Posts18,495,048
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.