Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 66 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 65 66
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Hey Guys, quick update and clarification on the Tim Hortons thing.

It’s mid week now and of course day time is generally fairly quiet in the way of foot traffic. The evenings pick up and turn back in to a block party kind of feel. We still haven’t heard from nor seen most of the convoy. They’re still stuck away from here and most of us don’t really know when or how they’re going to make it in. There are reports that the “second wave” of people will hit this weekend in a big way, we’re really hoping they do.

Over the past couple days we have started to see more “on the fence” locals. They were angry with us but had the sense to shut off the news and came down to see us in person. They are almost always completely blown away at how different things are from what the news is reporting. The sidewalks have all been shovelled. There isn’t any garbage on the street. The lone soldier has been covered in flowers and has a 24hr guard on it.
No one is being harassed around here besides us occasionally and we are trying to support every business we can. Every hotel room seems to be completely booked.

Besides noise and disrupting traffic in a few areas (which many work from home anyway and we are in the commercial section of town, not residential) we haven’t done anything else to cause any issues. Many of the things that MSM is reporting are either completely over exaggerated or false altogether.

Terry fox was dressed up but he’s been dressed up by every other protest, it’s just not an issue if it’s a leftist protest. He was holding a flag upside down which is the symbol of a nation in distress. It’s legal and we are a nation in distress which is why we are here.

Any racist flags wavers are quickly spotted and called out before being run off. They never show their face, always hiding their identity and they carry a backpack with a change of clothes.

I have not been able to find any videos on the war memorial so I cannot comment on that though a guy from Edmonton has now spent three days and three nights guarding the memorial. He’s picked up all the garbage, digging out cigarette butts from the cracks in the paving stones. He sweeps away snow and straightens the flowers. The only time he will leave is to use the facilities in which he leaves someone else on guard.

The cops are not being harassed by anyone on our side and in fact feel more like family standing with us. They walk around and shake hands with those in the grounds. They laugh and joke and help bring food to the truckers or take off down streets of truckers pointing them towards the nearest BBQ happening so they don’t miss out.

Every day we have locals showing up to support us and beg us not to leave. How long will we be here!? Just two weeks… to flatten the curve.

As for Tim hortons. On our way here with the convoy there were a couple reports of individual franchises that were refusing to serve truckers. Outraged, several people called head quarters demanding an explanation. Head quarters condemned any franchise refusing service to anyone and asked us for the locations of those refusing to serve truckers. They let us know that they DO support us and will take care of any franchise not cooperating. Personally I think Tim hortons is the worst restaurant?? in the world. The food is disgusting and the coffee is only slightly better. That being said, there are two locations that I know of in the vicinity of where we are camped. Both locations are serving truckers and have not enforced or even commented on the lack of masks. They don’t ask for passports.
Because of the support from Tim hortons I have actually purchased coffee there a couple times now this past week. I even had a long conversation with a young woman working the till at one. She couldn’t believe what the MSM was saying about us as she knew it was all false. She also called out the BS of businesses “not being able to open”. They’re open and haven't had an issue. Their supply trucks could get in and deliver without issue.

Hopefully this will clear up a few things.

Take care!

Pitter Patter!
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by 673
I don't support any business that does not support me/us. It smacks of elite-ism and if one takes pause, you can get the same product somewhere else, I will not enter another Canadian tire. I will support the little guy who owns his hardware store and lives and spends his money right here in the community, quite simple really.

same here

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the update Nashville, from what I can tell, the Tin Horton thing is an Alberta thing. Interesting to hear their response, thank you very much! smile

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nashville
The media is reporting there are only 250 people there, there is virtually nothing but the same stories being cycled, 2 people arrested...there is absolutely nothing on the Alberta roadblock, nothing.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
They can only recycle the same things because we haven’t given them anything to report. We run off anyone trying to instigate trouble.

During the day, there’s not a ton of people walking around because unlike our fearless leader, others have to work.
The evenings pick up quite a bit and locals are out until midnight many nights. Reports are coming in that this weekend will be big though we will see when we get there. We are hoping the reports hold true.

A friend of my BIL is on his way to the Alberta road block now. He drove from Alberta to Ottawa, spent the weekend and then turned around to head to Coutts. We will be reporting back and forth to each other on why is happening at the two locations once he is there.

Pitter Patter!
IC B2

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
End the mandates and everyone can just go home.

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Gofundme is now over 10 million. laugh

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

thanks for boots on the ground update

Originally Posted by Nashville
Hey Guys, quick update and clarification on the Tim Hortons thing.

It’s mid week now and of course day time is generally fairly quiet in the way of foot traffic. The evenings pick up and turn back in to a block party kind of feel. We still haven’t heard from nor seen most of the convoy. They’re still stuck away from here and most of us don’t really know when or how they’re going to make it in. There are reports that the “second wave” of people will hit this weekend in a big way, we’re really hoping they do.

Over the past couple days we have started to see more “on the fence” locals. They were angry with us but had the sense to shut off the news and came down to see us in person. They are almost always completely blown away at how different things are from what the news is reporting. The sidewalks have all been shovelled. There isn’t any garbage on the street. The lone soldier has been covered in flowers and has a 24hr guard on it.
No one is being harassed around here besides us occasionally and we are trying to support every business we can. Every hotel room seems to be completely booked.

Besides noise and disrupting traffic in a few areas (which many work from home anyway and we are in the commercial section of town, not residential) we haven’t done anything else to cause any issues. Many of the things that MSM is reporting are either completely over exaggerated or false altogether.

Terry fox was dressed up but he’s been dressed up by every other protest, it’s just not an issue if it’s a leftist protest. He was holding a flag upside down which is the symbol of a nation in distress. It’s legal and we are a nation in distress which is why we are here.

Any racist flags wavers are quickly spotted and called out before being run off. They never show their face, always hiding their identity and they carry a backpack with a change of clothes.

I have not been able to find any videos on the war memorial so I cannot comment on that though a guy from Edmonton has now spent three days and three nights guarding the memorial. He’s picked up all the garbage, digging out cigarette butts from the cracks in the paving stones. He sweeps away snow and straightens the flowers. The only time he will leave is to use the facilities in which he leaves someone else on guard.

The cops are not being harassed by anyone on our side and in fact feel more like family standing with us. They walk around and shake hands with those in the grounds. They laugh and joke and help bring food to the truckers or take off down streets of truckers pointing them towards the nearest BBQ happening so they don’t miss out.

Every day we have locals showing up to support us and beg us not to leave. How long will we be here!? Just two weeks… to flatten the curve.

As for Tim hortons. On our way here with the convoy there were a couple reports of individual franchises that were refusing to serve truckers. Outraged, several people called head quarters demanding an explanation. Head quarters condemned any franchise refusing service to anyone and asked us for the locations of those refusing to serve truckers. They let us know that they DO support us and will take care of any franchise not cooperating. Personally I think Tim hortons is the worst restaurant?? in the world. The food is disgusting and the coffee is only slightly better. That being said, there are two locations that I know of in the vicinity of where we are camped. Both locations are serving truckers and have not enforced or even commented on the lack of masks. They don’t ask for passports.
Because of the support from Tim hortons I have actually purchased coffee there a couple times now this past week. I even had a long conversation with a young woman working the till at one. She couldn’t believe what the MSM was saying about us as she knew it was all false. She also called out the BS of businesses “not being able to open”. They’re open and haven't had an issue. Their supply trucks could get in and deliver without issue.

Hopefully this will clear up a few things.

Take care!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

Frei is back out again today

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I hope to God there is a bigger second wave.We all need to go down there.

Last edited by swiftshot; 02/02/22.
IC B3

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Ribka, following along.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
First nations are in Ottawa and reportedly going to bless the freedom rally

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
First nations are in Ottawa and reportedly going to bless the freedom rally

I am glued to it.
I have been waiting for 20 years for Canada's Native Population to play a role.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Hopefully the media reports it. Hard for Turdeau to play the race card then.

Though they had FN there at the speeches on Saturday and the media missed it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Study from Johns Hopkins University released today concludes that lockdowns reduced COVID mortality by 0.2%.

Does not take into account the destruction to lives of lost businesses, deaths from delayed surgeries, suicides.

I wonder if Justin will 'follow the science' and end the lockdowns and mandates?

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
What is a racist flag?

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Hopefully the media reports it. Hard for Turdeau to play the race card then.

Though they had FN there at the speeches on Saturday and the media missed it.

My opinion only..........the Native people won't be represented until their leadership represents them lol. Other Citizens are likewise if their political leadership is a no show, like now.

So the way around that is the people do it on their own. Native people need to show up on their own if their reps are no shows, they always did before, what is different now? $$

grinWatching the above Viva Frei is great coverage, interviews a CBC news crew LOLOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
673;
Afternoon once more my friend, as I'm having lunch this popped up on my feed.

Ouch....

Have a good one.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I have never seen Viva Frei before but that was really great watching him interview the CBC , but a highlight was also when the dog went over and pee'd in the park, and he made note, that could of been what happened over at the war memorial, a moment of hilarity grin

The fellow from a middle eastern country that said something like.. I escaped tyranny only to be enslaved here lol.
The unity is a beautiful thing to see, never thought I would see it to be honest.

Page 23 of 66 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 65 66

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 1minute, 257robertsimp, 55 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,897
Posts18,518,402
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.