Campfire Member
I
I have Savage 99 that is horrible.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Elkbelch
Yes my model 7 has the X mark with only the three tiny adjustment screws covered in clear sealant. I have an old style on the way. I assume it’s a walker. Anyway I am not going to do further load development until I get the trigger resolved replaced with a Trigger Tech.
I'm betting this is what you really wanted to type...

Rem triggers are some of the very worst out there.. But all makers can have a turd leave the bowl... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My worst one is a Mossberg SSi single shot. It's got to be all of 7 lbs maybe 8. It would be an accurate fun rifle if I could get it reduced.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
I am kind of a miser, I usually go the cheaper route first and when it doesn’t work I’ll buy the Trigger tech. I’ve heard the original Remington triggers were not too bad. It was $55 shipped. I’ve had rifles with the original Remington trigger but that was before I knew it mattered

Shawn

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Ruger #1, Ruger 10/22 and Win M94

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Mossberg 800.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Bushmaster M4 spent a few hours with it under a microscope and some ruby stones/ 3000 grit sandpaper. Better but still horrible in my book.
CMC 2.5 lb drop in fixed that Shiite. Other junk went in the trash. Totally different gun now.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ilikguns

Same here. My worst trigger of any rifle I own.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Model 88 Winchester by far and you can't do much with them

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by ilikguns

Same here. My worst trigger of any rifle I own.

I will have to concur. On a factory rifle, that one and a Ruger 10/22 were the worst.

The absolute worst trigger on any hunting implement that I have purchase goes to a Centerpoint cp400 crossbow. The trigger is plastic, so it actually starts to deflect before the damn thing fires. It is horrible. The bad thing is that I purchased it for my nephews to use until they can get strong enough and good enough with regular bows to hunt our property (bow only), and the trigger is so horrible that it really hampers their ability to shoot it accurately. Borrowed a friends Barnett with the Trigger Tech trigger and now will be selling the Centerpoint to purchase one of those.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Browning BLRs are pretty sucky.

Yup, that's my only complaint with my BLR81. I measured it at 6 lbs. and there isn't anything the average guy can do about it other than sending it off to Neil Jones for a $120 trigger job.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I was going to say BLR as well; Neil did do one of mine and it came back ok, but far from great.

My 10/22 is brutal, and I had one of the 2nd-gen Ruger 44 mag carbines that was awful.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I was going to say BLR as well; Neil did do one of mine and it came back ok, but far from great.

My 10/22 is brutal, and I had one of the 2nd-gen Ruger 44 mag carbines that was awful.

You must be doing much better after your head injury? Glad to see you still up and kicking. You've been posting a lot as of late. Time for another shooting through the brush thread...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Browning BLRs are pretty sucky.

I always wanted a BLR until I bought one. Sold it pretty quick because the trigger was so bad. One of the worst triggers I've ever had on a center fire rifle. I've since heard there is some guy that works on them. Would buy another and send it off for work, but they're in my opinion now ridiculously priced for what they are.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

You must be doing much better after your head injury? Glad to see you still up and kicking. You've been posting a lot as of late. Time for another shooting through the brush thread...

I am, thanks. Had a couple dark years there... head injuries are some weird stuff, I’d advise against it. smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
On average, Rugers have been some of the worst I've felt in guns of the price range. Worse ones usually in $99 single barrel shotguns.

But one 77MKII was a champ with an estimated 9-10# pull. Wish I'd rigged up something to actually measure it with, But you could cock it & lift the rifle & scope combo with the trigger. Then had to shake it a bit to make it fire. I actually started the trigger job with a bench grinder, so much material had to be removed from the sear engagement.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Semi automatic 22 rimfire rifle that my buddy has. I don’t know what it was, something cheap cheap! Trigger was very narrow and extra extra hard. My finger started hurting when I took the first shot. My finger is hurting just thinking about that trigger…

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (2003and2013, 1beaver_shooter, 1moredeer, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 1OntarioJim, 61 invisible), 2,630 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,450
Posts18,471,039
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.