Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 66 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 65 66
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
At least O'toole is gone.Didn't he say that he was for vaccines being mandatory? Anyways he was a globalist.Just look at his weak response and support for the truckers.Hopefully Albertains will throw out Kenney.I wonder if Nova Scotia will do anything but I doubt it they seem too F..up,just like Quebec. maybe worse.

Last edited by swiftshot; 02/03/22.
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Here’s an email to etransfer directly to the trucker fund. I haven’t used it (yet) but I trust where I got the info from.

tbofconvoy2022protonmail.com

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Actually, you are probably an agitator and not particularly bright.

Projecting maybe??

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Dwayne, 673 and all others.

Thank you guys for the prayers and all the support.
The media is really trying to spin this and bring everyone here and everywhere down but we know better. I think everyone against us overestimated their support and underestimated the opposition.

Every day we walk around and talk with each other, sharing news, sharing the support we’re receiving from every little nook not just in our country but from around the world. Locals make a point of coming by daily to thank us and beg us not to leave. There are many here that of course won’t agree and would rather complain from their couches and believe what they are told, too stubborn to even turn on social media to see the truth for themselves. They live just a few minutes away and they refuse to come down to experience this for themselves. I saw an article this morning about a women’s shelter that feels threatened by the convoy… a convoy filled with young children and women. This is the happiest, safest gathering I have ever seen let alone one of this magnitude.

Last night we were offered a poutine dinner by some locals from Gatineau. Two middle aged women that try to come down and see us every evening, waving their flags and celebrating. We walked down a stretch of road where lots of homeless stay and seems to be in a bit of a rougher area though not bad. I never thought anything of it until I over heard one off the women mention it to her friend. The other woman laughed and said they don’t have to worry, look. She was referring to all the strangers carrying flags. Everyone of them were on the same side as us and she knew it.

Later in the evening we met and had a quick meeting with an Alberta MP to discuss the convoy. He says he’s on the fence with what’s happening though it’s hard to tell what they really mean when a politician is speaking. I don’t think we agreed on much really, even covering the topic of the tool being ousted.
He believes support is waning for the convoy, especially in AB. I disagree. I do believe we all need to start emailing and calling our MPs if we are in support to show them that the people are behind this convoy.

As far as trouble on the ground, it seems all arrests made have been counter protesters, one going so far as to bring firearms down here. There are less cops around, I’ve heard due to the vaccine mandates for LEOs that just came into effect here in ON.

Each day brings a lot of rumours, mostly negative but we don’t worry. I look at the streets, clean from refuse. I see smiling faces all day long. I see people being fed. Strangers hugging, sharing a drink and a story. Every person here is expecting to be financially ruined from this and yet you won’t find a tear shed from despair though you will see many tears of joy.

Your support carries us all through each day. It inspires each other here on this thread or here in Ottawa. Hope is contagious and it’s making us all the better for it.

Take care.

Pitter Patter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nashville;
Thanks so much for the report, I look for them every day here.

It's been my and likely our privilege to pray for you all Nashville, I mean that.

As I've mentioned, much of the response from the folks in the Ottawa area and Quebec as well has forced me to examine some of my personal bias towards them - which in itself it a bit of a minor miracle Nashville.

Thanks again and all the best until next time.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Nashville thanks for all you are doing and stand for , my hat is off to you.. if there is anything you need or anything you need us to do, do not be scared to reach out .. my wife and I are planning on going back up to Edmonton again Saturday. And I ve got an engine to finish putting together this morning, but this afternoon if they block hwy 16 by Lloydminster we may run some equipment over there.

Last edited by AbeJohnsen; 02/03/22.

Don’t sweat the petty stuff, don’t pet the sweaty stuff.
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Nashville, I was wondering if the arrests were counter protestors, crickets here from the media.

On the local support....you are in the most hostile territory imaginable, and it takes real courage to do that. From what I see here the convoy has overwhelming support. The media is chipping away and they are having trouble so they are making stuff up, we are winning. big victories all around, it will just take time to recognize them.

O'Toole gone is one, media being exposed is another, Trudeau exposed for what he is, Jason Kenny may have stepped in shyte, its only been a few days LOL. My family is giddy here and we are going to join a freedom rally this weekend. smile

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
thanks for update.

Millions of Americans are praying you. Anything more we can do to help. My friends and I donated to the go fund me account. Any separate accounts to provide food or fuel for the freedom rally?

Originally Posted by Nashville
Dwayne, 673 and all others.

Thank you guys for the prayers and all the support.
The media is really trying to spin this and bring everyone here and everywhere down but we know better. I think everyone against us overestimated their support and underestimated the opposition.

Every day we walk around and talk with each other, sharing news, sharing the support we’re receiving from every little nook not just in our country but from around the world. Locals make a point of coming by daily to thank us and beg us not to leave. There are many here that of course won’t agree and would rather complain from their couches and believe what they are told, too stubborn to even turn on social media to see the truth for themselves. They live just a few minutes away and they refuse to come down to experience this for themselves. I saw an article this morning about a women’s shelter that feels threatened by the convoy… a convoy filled with young children and women. This is the happiest, safest gathering I have ever seen let alone one of this magnitude.

Last night we were offered a poutine dinner by some locals from Gatineau. Two middle aged women that try to come down and see us every evening, waving their flags and celebrating. We walked down a stretch of road where lots of homeless stay and seems to be in a bit of a rougher area though not bad. I never thought anything of it until I over heard one off the women mention it to her friend. The other woman laughed and said they don’t have to worry, look. She was referring to all the strangers carrying flags. Everyone of them were on the same side as us and she knew it.

Later in the evening we met and had a quick meeting with an Alberta MP to discuss the convoy. He says he’s on the fence with what’s happening though it’s hard to tell what they really mean when a politician is speaking. I don’t think we agreed on much really, even covering the topic of the tool being ousted.
He believes support is waning for the convoy, especially in AB. I disagree. I do believe we all need to start emailing and calling our MPs if we are in support to show them that the people are behind this convoy.

As far as trouble on the ground, it seems all arrests made have been counter protesters, one going so far as to bring firearms down here. There are less cops around, I’ve heard due to the vaccine mandates for LEOs that just came into effect here in ON.

Each day brings a lot of rumours, mostly negative but we don’t worry. I look at the streets, clean from refuse. I see smiling faces all day long. I see people being fed. Strangers hugging, sharing a drink and a story. Every person here is expecting to be financially ruined from this and yet you won’t find a tear shed from despair though you will see many tears of joy.

Your support carries us all through each day. It inspires each other here on this thread or here in Ottawa. Hope is contagious and it’s making us all the better for it.

Take care.

Last edited by ribka; 02/03/22.
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, anything we can do?

673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I am going to make up some signs for myself and the angry mob this weekend, I will spend tomorrow out in the shop making them. Canadian flags are nowhere to be found, all sold out, fortunately I have a few spares so we already have those.

IC B3

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
For anyone looking to help.

Peaceful disobedience in anyway you can think of.

Showing our politicians through writing is good to try and get them on our side. More people write in to complain than to show support so we need to turn those numbers around.

If you’re on Facebook, “The crackpot farmer” being run by my BIL has turned into a hub for finding out information and who to contact for various needs here in Ottawa.

There’s a ton of money in the GFM account that will take care of the truckers for a long time now. I’m not currently aware of any other places to donate to but if you want to donate financially, try and donate directly to individuals. That money can’t be held up.

If you’re going to a local rally. Keep it peaceful and do whatever you can to help, especially help EMS/LEOs to get them on our side. Leave a lane open for them to drive through in case of an emergency. Bring lots of garbage bags, garbage tongs, shovels, etc. Clean up garbage, shovel sidewalks, wipe off graffiti. Help each other and the public in any way you can think of. Everyone has a skill or a gift, use it. Take lots of videos and photos and spread that news, get it beyond our borders.
Be very aware of news reporters and look up names online to see who they are and what they stand for.

If you’re staying over night, lock up all your stuff and protect your fuel. Set up a security group to patrol all night.

Fuel, and washrooms are the hardest part. Bringing wagons to haul fuel is a good idea. Porta potties fill up quick, keep them on a trailer or pickup to easily move them out when full.

“Be wise as serpants and harmless as doves”.
Remember, we are here to UNITE Canada.

Last edited by Nashville; 02/03/22.

Pitter Patter!
673 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Showing our politicians through writing is good to try and get them on our side. More people write in to complain than to show support so we need to turn those numbers around.

If you’re on Facebook, “The crackpot farmer” being run by my BIL has turned into a hub for finding out information and who to contact for various needs here in Ottawa.

There’s a ton of money in the GFM account that will take care of the truckers for a long time now. I’m not currently aware of any other places to donate to but if you want to donate financially, try and donate directly to individuals. That money can’t be held up.

If you’re going to a local rally. Keep it peaceful and do whatever you can to help, especially help EMS/LEOs to get them on our side. Leave a lane open for them to drive through in case of an emergency. Bring lots of garbage bags, garbage tongs, shovels, etc. Clean up garbage, shovel sidewalks, wipe off graffiti. Help each other and the public in any way you can think of. Everyone has a skill or a gift, use it. Take lots of videos and photos and spread that news, get it beyond our borders.
Be very aware of news reporters and look up names online to see who they are and what they stand for.

If you’re staying over night, lock up all your stuff and protect your fuel. Set up a security group to patrol all night.

Fuel, and washrooms are the hardest part. Bringing wagons to haul fuel is a good idea. Porta potties fill up quick, keep them on a trailer or pickup to easily move them out when full.

Exellent post.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Im unvaxed so can't cross into Canada. I'll check out your BIL social for ideas or names who need help

Thanks

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nashville;
Good afternoon and thanks for the update again.

While he's not mainstream any longer, Rex Murphy has written a good piece in the National Post.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-a-canadian-insurrection-it-is-to-laugh

It's good to see some more folks of prominence coming out in support.

Was also watching some of the opening exchanges between Candice Bergen and Chrystia Freeland today and the comments there were scorching toward the Liberals.

Anyways as always I'll continue to pray for you and all involved.

Dwayne

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N

Pitter Patter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nashville;
Thanks for the video.

That was a very good interview.

All the best.

Dwayne

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Thanks. I did nothing haha

Pitter Patter!
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I will be so nice when this old world gets back to normal!!!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
It will get there, Richard. It's been a long haul.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Thanks Nash-that was a great video.
When I immigrated to Canada in 1972 I was a pretty messed up mentally. The were a bunch of World War II vets at the local legion—most had served in Combat—one hit Juno beach and one had help build the Allan highway. They made me feel welcome and proud to be a Canadian. Watching the videos on You-Tube and knowing many truckers from my time as a logger the last couple of days has again made me proud to be Canadian.
No politician has ever made me feel that way.

Page 25 of 66 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 65 66

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 58 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,909
Posts18,518,630
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.