Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bama loses, Auburn wins! Some other great games! LSU is for real y'all!

War Damn Eagle!

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
How about KY......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
How about KY......

Check out the beat the Penguin thread...I picked that one pretty dang close...and they're a for real team.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just saw the end of the Ga-Bama game....great game. I feel soooo not sorry for Sabin.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Kentucky was a lock. Here is a little statistic for you. In his 10 years as coach at Arkansas, Houston Nutt has always, I say again, always as in every single year, followed up his first SEC loss with another. Yes, that is a two game SEC losing streak every year in his coaching tenure.

Thank God, tonight sealed his fate as coach of the Razorbacks. A 21-7 lead in the 1st quarter and a lead late in the 4th only to blow them with bad bad coaching.

The sad thing is that the best running back in the SEC since Herschal Walker is being wasted and won't win the Heisman because his coach is an ass monkey.

Last edited by Cossatotjoe; 09/22/07.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
280, et al.:

It was a great day of football. I love these weekends before hunting season opens up and my watching is limited. As far as my picks go, I could not believe how many of mine were blown up by comebacks. Good lord, I felt like I was hexed. smile

More likely I just ain't very good at picking games!

Will

PS: How did Arkansas manage to lose that game. Mercy, I felt sorry for all the Hawg fans.... I've been there.

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
Just saw the end of the Ga-Bama game....great game. I feel soooo not sorry for Sabin.

And I feel so not sorry for the bammer nation. They got a few more coming too. Have to admit, they're playing hard for Saban. But the reality is they've beaten W. Carolina, Vandy, and Ark (who just lost to UK), and lost in OT to UGA who got beat at home by SC. A hard look would reveal they're an average team at best.

Auburn, even in a 58-20 win over NMSU still looked horrible for the first half. And, though they put it together a little bit in the second half, I'm still not sure they really improved. They did get a lot of young guys some real playing time though. Brandon Cox looked like he is jinxed, but then Tubs stuck with him, and he MAY have gotten the monkey off his back and gotten some of his confidence back.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And North Dakota State kicked Central Michigan in the head, 44-14. Appalachian State lost today.

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tell you what, what I've seen of Georgia that is one fine football team. Not many teams could have went into Bama and won that one. Richt is a very good coach.

Will

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Penguin
Tell you what, what I've seen of Georgia that is one fine football team. Not many teams could have went into Bama and won that one. Richt is a very good coach.

Will

They're not a great team, but Richt had a game plan to play keep away. Bama's offense is pretty dang potent. UGA played keep away as long and as much as they could. And they didn't get down on themselves for blowing the lead. They're well coached.

War Damn Eagle!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have to be. You seen Richt's record in conference when playing away? Amazing. Hard enough to win at home.

Will

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Have to be. You seen Richt's record in conference when playing away? Amazing. Hard enough to win at home.

Will

The AU/UGA series hasn't hurt him there, the home team almost always loses.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Funny how that works ain't it?

Some teams just can't play away from home, and some others it doesn't bother.

I thought it was very interesting that Kentucky managed to beat Arkansas away. Kentucky is kind of like Michigan State or Arizona, one of those teams struggling to get relevant. They sure have ruined the season for a couple of teams in the last couple games. That's gotta feel good.

Will

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

I thought it was very interesting that Kentucky managed to beat Arkansas away. Kentucky is kind of like Michigan State or Arizona, one of those teams struggling to get relevant. They sure have ruined the season for a couple of teams in the last couple games. That's gotta feel good.

Will

That win against Arkansas may not be all the relevant in the end. My prediction for Arkansas was for us to go 2-6 in the SEC this year. You can't win being entirely one dimensional in the SEC. Plus, our defense is bad bad bad.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Iowa let me down, man........

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Will

When you play in the SEC, playing on the road is tough in one sense, but not in another...its not strange for SEC teams to go to very hostile road games. Jr's and Sr's likely aren't really phased at all by it as they've either played a couple or more times in 2 or more of UF, UT, LSU, AU, UGA, or Bama, all of which run from 87,000+ to 100,000 plus fans. Spurrier said it this week addressing it just that way...experienced players ought not be that bothered by it.

War Damn Eagle!

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
you can say what you want about attitude, experience and road games ... and you're right, in a way, that SEC players are more used to road games in loud, hostile environments ...

however ...

there isn't anything that even comes close to Tiger stadium on a Saturday night, with 92,000+ screaming drunk fans ready to rip your head off ... MANY have said it before, that Tiger stadium at night is one of the hardest places to play ...

-WGM-
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I've attended 2 night games at Tiger Stadium, it was pretty quiet both times....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WGM
you can say what you want about attitude, experience and road games ... and you're right, in a way, that SEC players are more used to road games in loud, hostile environments ...

however ...

there isn't anything that even comes close to Tiger stadium on a Saturday night, with 92,000+ screaming drunk fans ready to rip your head off ... MANY have said it before, that Tiger stadium at night is one of the hardest places to play ...

Don't disagree at all, but it hits out of conference teams much harder. I recall when Syracuse came to Auburn a few years back...one of their sports writers wrote a column that made it back to Auburn...they were floored by our fervor...and it was a game where only about 84,000 turned out...nothing special. Can't imagine how they'd have felt coming in to Red Stick for a 6:45 kickoff! They might have cut and run.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Georgia is a very young team. Two of those offensive linemen were playing high school ball this time last year...
Their talented and well coached but they will loose a few for beginning so inexperienced.

Florida looked beatable... Ole Miss always plays them tough.

I'm not sure any SEC team will make it undefeated.

How many home games does LSU have ? 13.....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (160user, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 50 invisible), 2,555 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,420
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.