-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lucky dog. I can't even pick up a good radio broadcast of WVU games where my hunting camp is!

I remember a bunch of us driving up on top of Cheat Mountain WV just to catch a game a few years ago on a crappy AM station. Hell of a good time, but a lot of trouble. Least we had some beer as I recall. smile

Well, I am going to go in and finish up the UW/UCLA game.

Take care,
Will

Smellin' a lot of 'if' coming off this plan.
GB1

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
for the record, I love watching ND lose games... I don't hate Coach Charlie, but I don't care for him either ... In a sick, demented way, I hope to see him get ridden out of town on a rail ...

-WGM-
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only thing better for us Michigan fans would be if it were OSU......

Much as I hate ND, I almost feel sorry for them........almost....

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Ole Miss didn't rush the passer a few times today took away any running lanes and made Tebow throw it aand he didn't do very well throwing the ball in those circumstances.....

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Who's your team?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Scott ...

you missed some damn good eats today ... even saw a few of your favorite po-boys during the tail gate ...

-WGM-
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd kill for one of them....

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
if you ever do make it back down here, for whatever reason, I'd love to take you to JC Cafe and buy you one or two ... along with a few beers ...

I'll leave acquisition of the 19 year olds to you though ... (grin)

-WGM-
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ole Miss had a linebacker "spy" on Tebow most of the day...

Tebow is steal quite the "stud", not sure how he will hold up through the tougher defences in the conference.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Port Allen here I come............

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by .280Rem
LSU guys...I saw something in that game that made me wonder a bit about Miles. He ran a flea-flicker late in that game with like a 28-10 lead. Now, while thats not a HUGE lead...its plenty of lead with that team, and that looked a little like trying to pile it on the "Ol ball coach"...that wont be forgotten. But maybe Miles don't plan on being around the SEC much longer? smile

My opinion of Les Miles baesd on his time in the Big XII is that he is one of the biggest p#!k head coaches in college football.....a perfect fit at LSU.

Expat

"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." - Robert Heinlein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everyone here is quick to forget that until they lose, the road to the championship will have to go through Columbus, Ohio. You SEC boys were quick to dismiss THE Ohio State Buckeyes, but I haven't heard you sayimg much about the Bucks lately. They have a lot to prove, granted, and they haven't played a tough schedule yet, but the fact is, they're still undefeated, and just got done demolishing an inferior team from Northwestern, who they should be able to bash like that on any given Sunday. Tressel's got the boys playing good ball, and revenge is a motivating factor...... 'Till they lose, you'd best be looking out for that team from Ohio. Want to play the Bucks? 'Best watch out-you just might get what you wish for......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You SEC boys were quick to dismiss THE Ohio State Buckeyes, but I haven't heard you sayimg much about the Bucks lately. They have a lot to prove, granted, and they haven't played a tough schedule yet, but the fact is, they're still undefeated, and just got done demolishing an inferior team from Northwestern, who they should be able to bash like that on any given Sunday. Tressel's got the boys playing good ball, and revenge is a motivating factor...... 'Till they lose, you'd best be looking out for that team from Ohio. Want to play the Bucks? 'Best watch out-you just might get what you wish for......

Okay, whatever. But I'm not sure if OSU wants to see another SEC team in a bowl game after last years game with Florida.

As for ND, As depressing as Auburn's offense has been to watch so far this year, I have at least been able console myself with the thought, "Oh well, at least our offense isn't as bad as ND's". Man oh man, how does a big name program that supposedly recruits the kind of talent ND does end up that bad?

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Just one slight problem with the 7 teams ahead of OSU in the polls who are undefeated as well. Also there are several very good teams behind them in the polls who are also undefeated. Things like upsets and the establishing of the true top ten start to take shape during week 7 and in the last 2 weeks of the season. Lot's of football to be had and proved and WVU vs. USF this Friday night is a great example. It will be a great football game,IMO. If WVU loses...their season is over essentially. Same for USF. Be patient gopher, OSU hasn't beaten MICH yet!!!

Last edited by isaac; 09/23/07.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

.280Rem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Todd_Bradford
You SEC boys were quick to dismiss THE Ohio State Buckeyes, but I haven't heard you sayimg much about the Bucks lately. They have a lot to prove, granted, and they haven't played a tough schedule yet, but the fact is, they're still undefeated, and just got done demolishing an inferior team from Northwestern, who they should be able to bash like that on any given Sunday. Tressel's got the boys playing good ball, and revenge is a motivating factor...... 'Till they lose, you'd best be looking out for that team from Ohio. Want to play the Bucks? 'Best watch out-you just might get what you wish for......

Okay, whatever. But I'm not sure if OSU wants to see another SEC team in a bowl game after last years game with Florida.

As for ND, As depressing as Auburn's offense has been to watch so far this year, I have at least been able console myself with the thought, "Oh well, at least our offense isn't as bad as ND's". Man oh man, how does a big name program that supposedly recruits the kind of talent ND does end up that bad?

The way some defenses are playing around the country, I think Kentucky could have a legit shot at winning or playing for a title in other conferences.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OSU has UM's number with Tressel at the helm.

They gave up exactly ZERO rushing yards yesterday, and only 120 passing yards. The only NW score was a 99 yard kickoff return, something NW got a lot of shots at given the Buckeyes 58 points.

I would love to see them playing an SEC team come January. While I give Florida credit as they absolutely destroyed them last year, that game and performance was not the norm for this Tressel coached team. Florida had their number last year, but I doubt that we would see a repeat of that performance, given Tressels previous impeccable record.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Redistribute my work ethic, not my Wealth!!!!!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Might have to become a football fan again also.

Woodson threw for 265 yards and two touchdowns and ran for another score, leading the 21st-ranked Wildcats to a second consecutive fourth-quarter comeback and a 42-29 victory over Arkansas on Saturday night.

Keenan Burton caught a 32-yard touchdown from Woodson, who is emerging as a Heisman Trophy contender, with 4:02 remaining to give the Wildcats the lead for good. Last week, Woodson beat Louisville with a last-minute TD pass and that led to Kentucky's first AP Top 25 appearance since 1984.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by ExpatFromOK
Originally Posted by .280Rem
LSU guys...I saw something in that game that made me wonder a bit about Miles. He ran a flea-flicker late in that game with like a 28-10 lead. Now, while thats not a HUGE lead...its plenty of lead with that team, and that looked a little like trying to pile it on the "Ol ball coach"...that wont be forgotten. But maybe Miles don't plan on being around the SEC much longer? smile

My opinion of Les Miles baesd on his time in the Big XII is that he is one of the biggest p#!k head coaches in college football.....a perfect fit at LSU.

Expat

Lester is an azzhat. However its the other teams job to keep the score from being run up. Mercy ends at about the grade school level.

Back to Lester, he will cost LSU a game, maybe two this year. It is no secret that unless he stays out of his assistant coaches way he will [bleep] up something that will cost them a W.
If LSU ends up playing USC for the whole deal, IMHO he will be way outclassed as far as the coaching of a game goes.

WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think Les Miles is any kind of genius, but I also don't think he's an idiot ... He's learning, somewhat quickly, that he needs to yield to his assistants and even his players when they come to him with what they think they should be doing on the field ...

I, like others, have seen Les make some calls that could be costly, but have yet to see him do something that will cost the team a game ... If/when he does do something like that, we can most definitely discuss it ... but until then, I prefer to think that Les and his staff are just doing some weird things when there are no real consequences ... can't see him making some of those calls if/when a game is on the line ...

Also, it should be noted, that I am not oblivious to the fact that LSU is so incredibly stacked with talent, that it does mask some coaching inadequacies ... that kinda scares me and excites me at the same time ...

-WGM-
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Good morning party-boy!!

Great ballgame in schitty conditions....Did you keep the charcoal dry??

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1234, 257Bob, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,820 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,594
Posts18,532,480
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.