Hop To
Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
I can't believe this thread is still burnin and churnin.

Jackmountain said (more or less) "Rogan is no conservative hero." That is demonstrably true.

Sure got lotsa panties wadded up, though. It'd be funny if it wasn't so seriously sad.

About 90% of the posts aren't arguing that he's conservative hero. Just saying that even if don't agree with 100% of what a person says, you can still respect someone for other reasons.

That may be the intent of the counterarguments, but they are very poorly stated. Very.

If we’re keeping score, I’d say there’s more people on here coming around to his views than him coming around to theirs.

JFC

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I would suggest organized religion has done more to suppress individual freedom than promote it. Other than insuring the freedom to worship any way you wish, religion has no place in politics.

Most liberals would agree.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Judeo Christian values

Is that like Muslimo Christian values?,......of maybe Buddhisto Christian values?,.....or possibly Hindusto Christian values?

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by irfubar
Conservatism is about individuals freedom and the personal responsibility that goes along with that.
The polar opposite of the collective and large government and zero personal responsibility the left is promoting.

Conservatives believe in the rule of law to deal with the cheaters..... not social justice
Conservative believe in capitalism.... and keeping and enjoying the fruits of your labor... not collectivism redistribution

While there's nothing really wrong with that, the problem is, that this is pretty much ALL that "conservatives" today (claim to) stand for. There is no longer any real respect for Culture, Tradition, or Religion. They have happily gone along with our cultural destruction for decades, without offering very much resistance. Today's "conservatives" have no regard for heritage... why, ANYONE can be an Uhmurkun if they just pass a test. It is a very shallow "conservatism". No moorings, no foundation. Destined to do exactly what it is doing... withering away.

I would suggest organized religion has done more to suppress individual freedom than promote it. Other than insuring the freedom to worship any way you wish, religion has no place in politics.

I couldn’t disagree more on that one. Religion provides a set of cultural morals and social norms. Without it you have no core beliefs to agree upon or a build a society on. A cohesive society needs a set of social norms and morals rooted in something bigger than doing whatever you want or feels good.

I believe man is born with these things. I know plenty of ethical and moral agnostics and aetheists. I don’t believe you need to be taught that killing, stealing or lying is wrong.
I’d concentrate more on how the average Christian represents the teachings of Christ, than condemning non believers as immoral or unethical.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jackmountain said (more or less) "Rogan is no conservative hero." That is demonstrably true.

Sure got lotsa panties wadded up, though. It'd be funny if it wasn't so seriously sad.

About 90% of the posts aren't arguing that he's conservative hero. Just saying that even if don't agree with 100% of what a person says, you can still respect someone for other reasons.

That may be the intent of the counterarguments, but they are very poorly stated. Very.

If we’re keeping score, I’d say there’s more people on here coming around to his views than him coming around to theirs.

Sadly, I'm afraid you are correct.

Again, neither one of you can conceptually compartmentalize the difference between some of his views and how he conducts himself from the standpoint of free speech and thought

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston

As would most of the founding fathers.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

Again, neither one of you can conceptually compartmentalize the difference between some of his views and how he conducts himself from the standpoint of free speech and thought

I can’t comprehend how he could support Bernie sanders yet move from California to Texas to escape paying taxes.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Conservatism is about individuals freedom and the personal responsibility that goes along with that.
The polar opposite of the collective and large government and zero personal responsibility the left is promoting.

Conservatives believe in the rule of law to deal with the cheaters..... not social justice
Conservative believe in capitalism.... and keeping and enjoying the fruits of your labor... not collectivism redistribution
While there's nothing really wrong with that, the problem is, that this is pretty much ALL that "conservatives" today (claim to) stand for. There is no longer any real respect for Culture, Tradition, or Religion. They have happily gone along with our cultural destruction for decades, without offering very much resistance. Today's "conservatives" have no regard for heritage... why, ANYONE can be an Uhmurkun if they just pass a test. It is a very shallow "conservatism". No moorings, no foundation. Destined to do exactly what it is doing... withering away.

A person can acknowledge the importance of Judeo Christian values and the importance they have on a civil society and the founding of our country without shoving any particular religion down the throats of the population.

Plus 1

A society needs norms and values rooted in something. Without that you have some brand of multiculturalism anything goes. The end result in nothing to agree upon and any goes. There’s nothing to hold a nation together.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

A person can acknowledge the importance of Judeo Christian values and the importance they have on a civil society and the founding of our country without shoving any particular religion down the throats of the population.

Plus 1

A society needs norms and values rooted in something. Without that you have some brand of multiculturalism anything goes. The end result in nothing to agree upon and any goes. There’s nothing to hold a nation together.

If you’re right, then it needs a hell of a lot better representation than we have in this country with Joel Osteen and his type of prosperity theology.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kingston

As would most of the founding fathers.

To be clear. I don't disagree.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Plus 1

If you’re right, then it needs a hell of a lot better representation than we have in this country with Joel Osteen and his type of prosperity theology.

I’m not sure who that is. I grew up fundamentalists Christian. Believing in strong men and strong families with a belief in right and wrong without believing that it’s my place to micromanage anyone else or them me. I’m far from a perfect Christian as is everyone else but see the overall framework as something to aspire towards and bond us together over shared mostly similar values.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

BS. I know the difference, and never said he has no concept of what free speech is about. See my very first post on this thread. I don't think the point is lost on jackmountain either, he never said otherwise.

Twisted panties everywhere. No wonder we're in deep [bleep].

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Plus 1

What's at issue is dogma.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Rogan is owned.

His apology tour started last week.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

Plus 1

I’m not sure who that is. I grew up fundamentalists Christian. Believing in strong men and strong families with a belief in right and wrong without believing that it’s my place to micromanage anyone else or them me. I’m far from a perfect Christian as is everyone else but see the overall framework as something to aspire towards and bond us together over shared mostly similar values.

I grew up the same way, and still respect the hell out of my old man, but the sad truth is that Christianity has been co-opted by hypocrites, socializers and grifters.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

BS. I know the difference, and never said he has no concept of what free speech is about. See my very first post on this thread. I don't think the point is lost on jackmountain either, he never said otherwise.

You're an idiot and a drama queen.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by add
Rogan is owned.

$10,000,000.00 on the line is a pretty big incentive.

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Peddler

You're an idiot and a drama queen.

Fanboy’s unite!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Plus 1

I grew up the same way, and still respect the hell out of my old man, but the sad truth is that Christianity has been co-opted by hypocrites, socializers and grifters.

There's a huge difference between organized religion and Christian values. Just like there's a huge difference between agreeing with some of Joe's nutjob opinions and recognizing his value as a warrior of free speech when tyrants everywhere are trying to suppress thought and opinions.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by add
Rogan is owned.

$10,000,000.00 on the line is a pretty big incentive.

He took the ticket from the gatekeepers that allowed him the big dance.

Time to dance Joe.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Page 19 of 24 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (160user, 1Longbow, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 42 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,332
Posts18,526,707
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.