-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In tonight's game a kid took a shot that had heat on it. Into the net and back out. No metal hit, just net. No goal

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Yes. The ref need to SEE, or otherwise be presented with irrefutable video, of THE PUCK IN WHOLE behind the line/INSIDE the net area. Otherwise, it is not a goal, sir.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know, still frustrating and my daughter's level theirs no video. Oh well we still won 5-1.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, in the real world, there's no cameras.

As one ref said to the other team at nationals in Tampa a few years ago: "if you want it to be a goal, don't hit his glove, hit the back of the net"

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
In tonight's game a kid took a shot that had heat on it. Into the net and back out. No metal hit, just net. No goal

Well, that’s just horseschitt. Back to human error. But that’s rare example.

No replay on that???

Last edited by Mr_Harry; 02/12/22.
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Hockey moves really fast. Kinda like how northerners speak. Sometimes it’s lost on those not accustomed to watching or playing the sport.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
Originally Posted by Joel/AK

Well, that’s just horseschitt. Back to human error. But that’s rare example.

No replay on that???

We are a 12U League. No replay. Even the other team groaned when it went in but then cheered when no whistle. They knew but that's the way it goes sometimes. Refs. Are the deciders, at our level atleast.

Semi finals in the morning so no use looking back.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Refs have gone down hill in the last couple of years, atleast here in MI. Their are very few. Most are burnt out. Last year we had our Zamboni driver, who was working at his certification suit up cuz otherwise the game would be called. He just signed like a doctor👍

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The beauty of hockey, or part of it, is the Samurai Code. Something the groids will never understand or respect. Your girl and her teammates can always….. ‘knuckle up’…. In the next game, if an egregious error in play-calling or goal-scoring was made. It’s called ‘self- policing’, and part of why hockey is still the greatest sport on earth. I would support my girl to the fullest in this endeavor. Good luck to you and yours. May she bask in the glory of victory. Truly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks. She won state championship last year. She had the winning goal in division to get her team to state.

Crap like today pisses them off and usually pushes them harder. We will see, semi finals in the morning

Last edited by Joel/AK; 02/12/22.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Indeed. God bless her.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Exactly what constitutes a goal? On Sports Center, they were celebrating a save where the goalie gloved the puck while it was in the air and well within the confines of the net, so obviously there is not a magical, invisible, perpendicular line as in football. Thanks for the help.

Originally Posted by granitestate1
What game?

You've gotten the correct answer, it would seem from many here. Including from a guy with the handle of "goalie"

I'm interested in what game also? Was there a goal judge, which they used to have at many minor league and all WHA/NHL games in the "olden days" before video. Sat behind the net and therefor had a better view of things than a referee might, depending on circumstances.

And as others mentioned, if it's in the glove and the whole glove is completely over the goal line, then it's a goal. If it's in the glove, but not visible, and part of the glove hasn't crossed the goal line, then the ref might not call it a goal as it would be inconclusive that the whole of the puck crossed the whole of the line.

The really important thing here though.............................it was HOCKEY............................not some other deal like baseball or football or tennis or even worse.............................golf wink

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
When I was at UMaine Orono as a freshman, we had a girl in our dorm who I guess was potentially the best female hockey player in the country, if not The World. She was something else. I felt bad for her that she had no future in the sport, for the money. But, she sure as hell had a free ride education. Maybe not the best university, certainly not the worst. And I know she came from very meager financial means, to put it gently.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was at UMaine Orono as a freshman, we had a girl in our dorm who I guess was potentially the best female hockey player in the country, if not The World. She was something else. I felt bad for her that she had no future in the sport, for the money. But, she sure as hell had a free ride education. Maybe not the best university, certainly not the worst. And I know she came from very meager financial means, to put it gently.

What was her name?

I've played against the women's Olympic team in an exhibition game, so I've been "undressed" by a few women on the ice......

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by goalie

What was her name?

I've played against the women's Olympic team in an exhibition game, so I've been "undressed" by a few women on the ice......

Dude, I wish I could remember. That was like 1990 or 91. And I fer damn shur was trying to chase hotter azz. Lol. Not much of that up in that place. I just remember her because she lived in my floor, and was in the papers everyday. And when I joined a fraternity later with some other Maine boy baseball players in it (the ball teams were good back then too) they all revered her in a way that one would not expect. Not at all.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Paul Kariya era too. The Mens hit the National title my senior year.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If the puck went into the glove, the glove closed on the puck, one could no longer ‘see’ the puck in the glove, and this happened at or in front of the goal line; and then part of the glove continued into the net beyond the line, but not ALL of the glove, then, it cannot be determined that the puck inside the glove crossed the line, and whatever call was made on the ice in real-time (no goal, presumably) would stand.

Mr Harry knows his stuff!

NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The three blind mice have been slacking all around, was at a Kzoo Wings game weds night, I heard a call I have never heard before, gloving the puck. Player, caught it from head height, and dropped it to the ice, and they made that call? Any time someone looks like they are going to throw a punch, the refs jump in between and stop it now... What the heck.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes, you can not close your hand on the puck.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Happens all the time

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1234, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 45 invisible), 18,625 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,947
Posts18,539,387
Members74,051
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.