-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the article is rife with falsehoods, misinformation, disinformation and fantasy. Evidently Ryan is just a paid shill.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I've heard it used one way, but now a very different way. I dont mind the former. Not so much the latter.

I mean this in complete honesty. Whats the actual definition of "Fudd"?

My definition of a Fudd is:

Someone who doesn't care enough about the second amendment to vote accordingly.

Someone who is okay with the govt regulating or taking YOUR guns, because they don't own one like it.

Someone who won't support 2nd Amendment protective/watchdog groups like GOA, etc.

Someone who only cares about the guns they own... a shotgun, bolt action hunting rifle, .22 rifle. They gladly support taking semi-auto's, AR15's AK47's Glocks, or whatever else the deem "evil".

They are also deniers that the govt isn't doing everything they possibly can to infringe on OUR right to keep and bear arms.

I alweays thought it meant a guy who didnt buy or use the latest techy gear, instead wore old woolrich and the same boots... fixed 4x instead of turrets sort of distinction. I didnt interpret the term as being anti. A fudd uses a 300 savage, not a 6.5 creedmooooore.

I guess I sort of self identified as a Fudd, but I think I got the meaning wrong if its what you say.

A Fudd doesn't really support the 2nd Amendment. As long as the gun grabbers are not trying to grab THEIR gun, they don't care if YOURS gets grabbed.

Someone who understands our Constitution, and knows it wasn't written with the 2nd Amendment only applying to "hunting", will stand up for your right to keep and bear arms, no matter what type of gun you have or want, or may want in the future, and wants to see that Right forwarded and handed down to our generations from now on.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMO, a Fudd supports the second ammendment, but only so far as what they deem to be OK. My FIL, for instance, doesn't believe people should own AR's, but hunts with a semi-auto, mag fed 30-06, which dishes out 2-3 times the energy of a typical 5.56 per round, and can accept larger capacity magazines.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

A Fudd doesn't really support the 2nd Amendment. As long as the gun grabbers are not trying to grab THEIR gun, they don't care if YOURS gets grabbed.

Got it. Yeah thats billshit. Not supportive of that in the least.

I thought I was a Fudd. Turns out I'm just a boring old tightwad!

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Far too many executives, especially in the firearms industry, cave to the liberal leftist culture and end up shooting them selves in the foot, cooper did it. Bill Ruger did it and there has been many others. They don’t understand they are fair game too. Groveling won’t help.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It wasn't customer service I was dealing with. It was their top brass. Probably the AH mentioned above too.

Been there, most top brass has no idea how to relate to another human being, most of them are pathetic, not all but most.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Sad to say there are a lot of people like Eric 308 around. Mostly at Dicks. Can run into them at the trap or skeet range too. Both of the clubs I belong to require NRA membership so that keeps people like that away. Can't make them understand that Biden wants that Mod. 12 also.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Classic bha leadership.

Huh? Why is BHA, a supposedly a pro "sportsmen" group so involved in anti gun policies, and gun bans and gun seizures?

It's almost as if they are a front group to steal money from goobers to support their radical anti gun anti, hunting agenda

"Well Biden, aint gonna take my perazzi, or pre model 64 model 70 or Eric 308's red Ryder so why should I care?"

Last edited by ribka; 02/10/22.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

I've heard it used one way, but now a very different way. I dont mind the former. Not so much the latter.

I mean this in complete honesty. Whats the actual definition of "Fudd"?

My definition of a Fudd is:

Someone who doesn't care enough about the second amendment to vote accordingly.

Someone who is okay with the govt regulating or taking YOUR guns, because they don't own one like it.

Someone who won't support 2nd Amendment protective/watchdog groups like GOA, etc.

Someone who only cares about the guns they own... a shotgun, bolt action hunting rifle, .22 rifle. They gladly support taking semi-auto's, AR15's AK47's Glocks, or whatever else the deem "evil".

They are also deniers that the govt isn't doing everything they possibly can to infringe on OUR right to keep and bear arms.

I alweays thought it meant a guy who didnt buy or use the latest techy gear, instead wore old woolrich and the same boots... fixed 4x instead of turrets sort of distinction. I didnt interpret the term as being anti. A fudd uses a 300 savage, not a 6.5 creedmooooore.

I guess I sort of self identified as a Fudd, but I think I got the meaning wrong if its what you say.

you and me both.

My diploma is a DD214
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Eric308
I wrote this in another post in regard to Busse, but it bears repeating:

Anyone over 50 and with half a brain knows this guy is absolutely spot on. Want to know about the modern "gun culture?"

The gun owner of the past went to the back 40 with Dad or later his son with the Model 12, or later the 870 in tow. He might have had a 70 or 700 for that yearly trip out west, a .22 rifle for whatever and maybe a .22 pistol for coon hunting. He realized that needing a gun for two-legged varmints was a once in several lifetimes event, so he didn't much think about it. If he did, maybe he had a Smith or Colt .38 or if he was a real hombre, a 1911.

Today the back 40 is a subdivision or leased up tight, either way the quail were gone long before. Dad's gone on to his reward while the son lives a good life in the city, realizing there are no good Thai places in Schittsville, let alone good paying jobs.

Meanwhile back in Schittsville, Cletus is just about ready to buy his tenth AR and ten-thousandth round of 5.56 to get ready for the collapse/apocalypse/race war that Alex Jones says is just around the corner. Cletus just hopes he can stay awake on the drive to the gun store after working two doubles at the pork processing plant.

And that my friends is the modern firearms industry and culture in a nutshell.

^^^^ retired airforce lives in Illinois. and Voted for Biden..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bruinruin
IMO, a Fudd supports the second ammendment, but only so far as what they deem to be OK. My FIL, for instance, doesn't believe people should own AR's, but hunts with a semi-auto, mag fed 30-06, which dishes out 2-3 times the energy of a typical 5.56 per round, and can accept larger capacity magazines.

Some folks just don't get that math.

Other day, on one of the Dead People programs (as my wife calls the ID channel) someone (cop as I recall) referred to a 5.56/.223 as a "high powered" rifle round?

Huh??

and contrary to the thousands/hundreds of thousands of hunters using ARs, they keep saying they have no place in the hunting field?

Huh??

Contempt prior to investigation and all that, you know.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Anyone over 50 and with half a brain knows this guy is absolutely spot on. Want to know about the modern "gun culture?"

The gun owner of the past went to the back 40 with Dad or later his son with the Model 12, or later the 870 in tow. He might have had a 70 or 700 for that yearly trip out west, a .22 rifle for whatever and maybe a .22 pistol for coon hunting. He realized that needing a gun for two-legged varmints was a once in several lifetimes event, so he didn't much think about it. If he did, maybe he had a Smith or Colt .38 or if he was a real hombre, a 1911.

Today the back 40 is a subdivision or leased up tight, either way the quail were gone long before. Dad's gone on to his reward while the son lives a good life in the city, realizing there are no good Thai places in Schittsville, let alone good paying jobs.

Meanwhile back in Schittsville, Cletus is just about ready to buy his tenth AR and ten-thousandth round of 5.56 to get ready for the collapse/apocalypse/race war that Alex Jones says is just around the corner. Cletus just hopes he can stay awake on the drive to the gun store after working two doubles at the pork processing plant.

You don’t have to like AR’s to respect others’ right to own them. Also, if you think the antis will stop at AR’s then you haven’t been listening.

Last edited by Docbar; 02/10/22. Reason: Spelling
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I love to have a copy of that book, months of free toilet paper at the deer camp.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Only a real dumbass would be out here gatekeeping gun ownership.
And yet, here you are.

What's worse is it's clear you let your personal bias against things you don't like paint the walls for you.

What a pathetic excuse at marginalizing people who think differently.

Maybe you and sleepy Joe can start a vigilante group and go around shooting looters in the leg with model 12s.

Thank God above Rittenhouse didn't ascribe to your view of what noble gun culture is.

No, your terrible take never, ever bears repeating.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Got it. Yeah thats billshit. Not supportive of that in the least.

I thought I was a Fudd. Turns out I'm just a boring old tightwad!

lol. being labeled a Fudd is not a compliment. Fudds believe the second amendment is dictated by hunting and 1930's hunting rifle technology

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the article is rife with falsehoods, misinformation, disinformation and fantasy. Evidently Ryan is just a paid shill.

Kimber is based in New York... What do you expect?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Masshunter
Sad to say there are a lot of people like Eric 308 around. Mostly at Dicks. Can run into them at the trap or skeet range too. Both of the clubs I belong to require NRA membership so that keeps people like that away. Can't make them understand that Biden wants that Mod. 12 also.

NRA blows

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by ribka

lol. being labeled a Fudd is not a compliment.

I liked when it was.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Classic bha leadership.

Huh? Why is BHA, a supposedly a pro "sportsmen" group so involved in anti gun policies, and gun bans and gun seizures?

It's almost as if they are a front group to steal money from goobers to support their radical anti gun anti, hunting agenda

"Well Biden, aint gonna take my perazzi, or pre model 64 model 70 or Eric 308's red Ryder so why should I care?"

Correct.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 79S

^^^^ retired airforce lives in Illinois. and Voted for Biden..

Please dont call me Master Sergeant it is just too military and draconian.
Call me Eric please and think of me as your friend and informal mentor.
We all have to wear these uniforms, but I like to think of it as more of a business requirement.
Now what is your 1st name Airman Jones, so I can call you that and we can become friends and get past all this military formality stuff here at the office.

Please just remember in front of others that outrank us outside of the office we need to use that miitary rank structure term stuff so neither of us gets in trouble and are made to feel uncomfortable....

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Last edited by renegade50; 02/11/22.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (35, 7887mm08, bja105, Bigd7378, Anaconda, 11 invisible), 1,492 guests, and 862 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,544
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.