Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by flintlocke
A small thing, but a positive note for the Canuckian protestors from the damn Yankees. Attended the 73rd annual Sierra Cascade logging conference today in Redding CA. Used to hear a little grousing and grumbling and sour grapes from the guys over NAFTA and USCMA softwood imports from Canada (they understand it's not the workers fault, it's the politicians trade deals).
Well let me tell you, it was rah, rah Canuck protesters today. A couple of mentions from keynote speakers too. Everything I heard was 100% supportive and admiration for you folks and how well you conducted yourselves to achieve your goals. Be proud my friends.

I like to think we do things a bit differently here. The protestors are well behaved for the most part, and their message seems to have been delivered.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
GB1

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
We might do things differently but I think we need to take some lessons.

Despite the requests from Candice Bergen and the Conservatives, they must hold the line. DO NOT LEAVE.

You have the gov’t and the police flummoxed, because you’ve got control of the objective. If you leave, they will ensure that you can never come back.

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by flintlocke
A small thing, but a positive note for the Canuckian protestors from the damn Yankees. Attended the 73rd annual Sierra Cascade logging conference today in Redding CA. Used to hear a little grousing and grumbling and sour grapes from the guys over NAFTA and USCMA softwood imports from Canada (they understand it's not the workers fault, it's the politicians trade deals).
Well let me tell you, it was rah, rah Canuck protesters today. A couple of mentions from keynote speakers too. Everything I heard was 100% supportive and admiration for you folks and how well you conducted yourselves to achieve your goals. Be proud my friends.

I like to think we do things a bit differently here. The protestors are well behaved for the most part, and their message seems to have been delivered.

So...you assume that others, your peers and counterparts across the continent and world, would do things differently. Violently. Are you familiar with the term "projection"?

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

Despite the requests from Candice Bergen and the Conservatives, they must hold the line. DO NOT LEAVE.

You have the gov’t and the police flummoxed, because you’ve got control of the objective. If you leave, they will ensure that you can never come back.

I don't think it's quite over yet. If the protesters stay the course, everything will work out. I don't know how long that will be, but I hope that things will get back to normal soon. IMO, the big thing is not to give the police a reason to react violently.

It will be interesting to read the after action report on this. One thing's for sure, Trudeau has been a big help to the protesters. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana

Wannabebwana;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the day was decent to you and you're all well.

With the understanding that at this juncture I'm not in a hurry to defend any politician anywhere in Canada...

The clip where I found that she asked the truckers to take the blockade down was on CTV and it sounded like they started it mid sentence, no?

Try as I might I was unable to find any preamble or conditions to her request which might be good for context.

If there's anyone or any group I trust as little as the politicians here at present, it's the legacy media.

They went from saying it didn't exist to now it's a problem overnight?

Anyways I'll cautiously reserve judgement at present until I can get some context for that statement as I don't trust CTV any further than I could throw them in a 65" flat screen. wink

We'll keep an eye on it for sure though.

All the best and have a good evening.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 02/10/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ribka
Let's be clear about one thing: I have never voted Liberal - ever. It is my government because they were legally elected.

I worked for the military for 22 years in uniform and 11 years as a civilian. I have seen regimes who put their citizens into lockdown and treated them like dirt. I was surprised when I felt some of that same anger and resentment at home. I hope that what we have experienced will not happen again.

And yet the past two years you were openly supporting all of the shutdowns and vaccine mandates and did nt care if millions of lives were destroyed. You're back peddling now because you've been called out my other members.

I'll never forget. You have no shame

one of your your gems

Re: Canada to keep border with U.S. closed until at least Oct. 21 [Re: Steve Redgwell] #15233581 09/18/20
OPOffline
Steve Redgwell
Campfire Outfitter

Ontario, Canada

Ok, but I am going to side with Dr. Fauci. I believe the figure was removed because it was misleading.

100% correct. Redgwell has been supportive of everything the Canadian government has done up to now. He trusted their "experts".

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Commie to the bone

laugh laugh

Of course, if I disagree, I'm being unfair. laugh

Once enough people die off because the population isn't being smart about infectious diseases, things will get back to normal.

The reality is, people are being vaccinated, and herd immunity will continue to build, but the anti-vaccination crowd will claim COVID has run its course. And medicine had nothing to do with it. In the meantime, much of the world is still in the grip of COVID. Over 3 million have died, and more die each day.

I trust in the medical people. I have watched the videos and read the articles from all sides. Nothing has changed my mind. Myself and most others do not believe it is a hoax. There are too many sick and dead.

Stay safe. Wear a mask. Keep your distance.

Even if you do not believe it works, respect the rights of those who do.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BC30cal
With the understanding that at this juncture I'm not in a hurry to defend any politician anywhere in Canada...

The clip where I found that she asked the truckers to take the blockade down was on CTV and it sounded like they started it mid sentence, no?

Try as I might I was unable to find any preamble or conditions to her request which might be good for context.

If there's anyone or any group I trust as little as the politicians here at present, it's the legacy media.

Dwayne

Dwayne, all the best of the morning to you. Below is the statement from Candice Bergen --- pulled from Post Millennial.

I would note that the context of the full quote was missing from CTV and I could not find it on Global news --- I have my own conclusions on their coverage.

Whether a person agrees with her or not to me it is important to have the full context of her presentation.

Especially after yesterday's rant by Trudeau blaming inflation (food, fuel, utilities, car parts) on the protest and the conservatives for backing the protest.

https://thepostmillennial.com/

"She then addressed the protest directly, where she applauded their spirit, but called for an end to protests."I want to speak directly to Canadians who are demonstrating here in Ottawa and across the country. Your protest began with truckers, and you've grown into an international phenomenon," she said, referring to protests that have spawned in Europe and elsewhere."To all of you that are taking place in the protest, I believe the time has come for you to take down the barricades, stop the disruptive action, and come together. The economy you want to see reopen is hurting. Farmers manufacturers, small businesses, and families are suffering. I believe this is not what you want to do," she said, likely referring not just to the main Ottawa protest, but the much more economically impactful Ambassador Bridge protest in Windsor, Ontario, where hundreds of millions of dollars of trade between the US and Canada pass each day."You're protesting because you love your country, and you want your freedom back. To the protestors here in Ottawa, you came bringing a message. That message has been heard. Conservatives have heard you, and we will stand up for you and all Canadians who want to get back to normal life. We will not stop until the mandates have ended."Today though, I'm asking you to take down the blockades. Protest peacefully and legally. But it's time to remove the barricades and the trucks for the sake of the economy, and because it's the right thing to do," she concluded."

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think it's quite over yet. If the protesters stay the course, everything will work out. I don't know how long that will be, but I hope that things will get back to normal soon. IMO, the big thing is not to give the police a reason to react violently.

It will be interesting to read the after action report on this. One thing's for sure, Trudeau has been a big help to the protesters. smile
So you agree with the aims of the protesters? You think the Canadian government acted wrongly this last year with their mandates and border closures?

I will admit that I am quite outdone that my wife and had planned a vacation in Canada this year and we were shut out and instead spent several $1000 dollars in Alaska instead. It was a trip we had been looking forward to and like most U.S. Americans and Canadians we looked at the Canada/U.S. border as only slightly more inconvenient than one of our state borders.

This bullsheit has cost Canada a huge amount of money and goodwill for what we now know was no good reason.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hugh;
Good morning and thanks so much for that sir!

I looked and looked for that and was unable to find it.

While I'm not quite sure I agree with her position or believe it's going to damage the Conservative politically, I believe I get the point she's making.

The pickle is that the Conservative alone quite conceivably can't get the NDP/Lib/BQ coalition to make effective change you know?

She's walking a tight rope here, I hope it turns out well for her and them because at present they're the only right of center party who has any hope of forming a government.

My gut feel this morning is that the situation on the borders might have the US government do something - hopefully remove their sanctions - because science reasons and then that'd allow Prince Hide 'n Ski to do the same?

Or Hide 'n Ski will continue to dig in and double down.

If the the BQ and NDP would be so inclined, they could for a nonconfidence motion too I suppose?

I shall continue to pray that God's will gets done here Hugh, and that we have the strength to deal with whatever that looks like.

We'll see for sure, but thanks so much again sir.

Dwayne

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Hastings
So you agree with the aims of the protesters? You think the Canadian government acted wrongly this last year with their mandates and border closures.

This bullsheit has cost Canada a huge amount of money and goodwill for what we now know was no good reason.

I agree that it is time to end the government’s policy now.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Hastings
So you agree with the aims of the protesters? You think the Canadian government acted wrongly this last year with their mandates and border closures.

I agree that it is time to end the government’s policy now.

Uhhh, errr , well, ummm

FJB & FJT
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Dwayne, I'd suggest that the protests need to continue until the NDP and BQ come onside, because then JustRun will have no support.

The only way to deal with a tyrant is to take away his enablers.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Wannabebwana;
Morning sir, thanks for the reply.

Your assessment seems logical to me for sure.

I was just watching Doug Ford live and you all now have a provincial State of Emergency declared.

Again I have no concept of all the ramifications of that, but here in BC it meant there were funds available outside the regular budget - this was fires and floods here last year.

I'll continue to pray for everyone involved and all of us for that matter.

All the best.

Dwayne

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
There was a fella on the AR political forum (back before I got banned) named CrazyHorseConsulting. He came to an untimely end when he got out of his truck to open a gate and the truck ran over him. Facts vs beliefs. He believed he had put the truck in park when, in fact, he hadn't.

CHC was much like our Stevie. He was a world-class fence-sitter who pulled splinters out of his ass every night. He'd never take a position on anything until it was absolutely safe to do so ie. always ensuring he was on the winning side. Instead, he'd preach "objectivity" and his favourite question was "but how do you KNOW?" for things that were plain on their face.

Objectivity is great. Analysis paralysis is not.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Dwayne, from the looks of it, Doug Ford is doubling down, making it illegal to protest for more than say, 5 minutes. "Make your point and go home".

This will not end well for him.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8612348/ontario-doug-ford-border-protests-announcement/

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ford just insured Trudeau retains his job, right there in front of the entire Country.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not one word about mandates, they never even entertained the thought.
I haven't changed my thoughts from the moment this thing began, we are being delivered up to globalists for a one world government.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 673
Not one word about mandates, they never even entertained the thought.
I haven't changed my thoughts from the moment this thing began, we are being delivered up to globalists for a one world government.

Yep and anyone who can't see what's happening is willfully blind. A one world government where there is no voting and no alternative.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Great questions.

When the virus first showed up, I think science did what they thought was best. They knew nothing about COVID-19. The government followed their advice. As the virus went through the population and began to mutate, the doctors changed or modified their recommendations. It's important to remember that two years ago, there was no treatment or vaccine. They were still trying to figure out where it came from. Knowing that would have helped determine exactly what it was that they were dealing with.

The government knew everything they needed to about covid about 2 months in. It was into the 3rd world, the least immune, most vulnerable 4.5 billion humans on the planet and it did little damage. Ranks still about the same level as diabetes or slightly worse than TB. At that point we should have toned the response accordingly.

A lot of these peoples barely locked down or had any ability to socially distance either. 1/3 of the worlds population has no plumbing or elec meaning they commune in high density areas 2-3x per day just to draw water or buy live food or they die in 72 hours. Thats a full transmission environment, and when covid hit the projections were losses of tens of millions a month.

What did we find according to all the thousand of western managed disaster relief centres, UN projects, independant clinics across the world? How many instances of anyone getting 1-3% death counts anywhere ? 50%, 20%, 1%? Nope not one. We have a super virus that after three variants still only disrupts the world about as much as TB, apart from the damage our governments have done themselves... three times.

Not to mention the money burnt from all these lockdowns could have built an entire new medical system in most 1st world countries

If you think that level of bad math, blundered response, repeated illogical decisions and social destruction is worth considering, I suggest you go back to the 5th grade and brush up on math, geography , social studies, actually everything.

I feel no regret for any financial hardships. I did not cause them.
I have been helping my daughter. She is married with two kids. She and her husband have had periods of no work over the past two years. I have helped with their groceries and mortgage payments.

The financial hardship hasnt even started yet. Im in international shipping where freight costs have jumped 1000-1500%. Most things in your life arrive from a 40ft sea container and these costs will soon be passed on. There is a price to be paid for these lockdowns and it wont be sorted out by some govt stimulus pack. We are in for about a generations hardship here.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,562 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,812
Posts18,477,605
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.