Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I wanted to try some match ammo so I brought a brick with me. I tried sighting in with federal hunter match .22lr. Shot like chit out of 3 rifles I brought. 2 rifles with Bentz chambers (Shaw and Feddersen) and the other a stock 10/22 barrel. I don’t own a .22 with a match chamber so I can’t comment on that....I guess I should start looking in the classifieds [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thinking you done good with what you used, Bravo. Good shooting.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I'd like to try a hog hunt one of these days, looks like fun!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Great thread and very encouraging. I have been speculating trying this sort of hog hunting. Similar rules here in SC re: legal weapons for whatever season is open. Had been thinking about using one of my.22 WMR’s. Here, also, I’m told if you have a CWP you can carry a cf hangun and use that and no one will give you a problem.

Mathew 22: 37-39

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
I hope my fellow Georgians were welcoming. Looks like a fun hunt. Congrats. We have too many of these things.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H

We camped in a spot that isn’t designated on the WMA maps for camping. We had a visit one night from DNR and they couldn’t have been nicer. They didn’t care where we camped and that we had a campfire going. We had a 15 minute conversation. They gave us some intel on some places to check out where they thought the pigs were. We didn’t find any in that area but it was nice of them to offer unsolicited information. They never even asked to see our licenses or check out the pig we killed. Cool guys. We let them know we heard quite a few shots after 10pm and they didn’t seem surprised.

We chose to go the last week of January hoping the woods would be empty. There was a group of 6 from Ohio hunting the same areas. Other than that we only saw a few other people driving around. Seemed to me that most of the locals we saw were slooooowwwllyyyy driving the roads and in the hopes to catch one crossing. We didn’t see a single pig from the road. We hit a local grocery store to grab supplies and the people there exhibited the normal southern hospitality and niceness Ive always experienced when away on hunts. Good folks and a beautiful state.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by hunter4623
2022 Intech flyer pursue. Tows great behind my Gladiator Mojave which isn’t the best towing vehicle on the road today. Not too many things to complain about. The step in front of the fender catches every bit of mud the truck throws. I had to clean off 2” of mud to open the side door. There’s a net inside the keeps contents on the shelf over the fridge/stove compartment. Good use of space but some genius decided to attach the top of the net permanently to the ceiling and the bottom portion has hooks to secure it. The problem is if you need 3 hands to hold the net out of the way and load things on the shelf. Whoever decided on that never spent a day using the trailer. Dometic appliances including a fridge/freezer, heater/AC unit, maxxair fan, stereo with Bluetooth, shore power setup with cord, electric brakes, Overland Vehicle Systems 270 awning, Zamp solar prep (which I had to rewire. They didn’t do it correctly) I added a renogy 100w solar panel and charge controller. I plan to make some mods to the trailer now that I had some time to see the good and bad. I looked at a bunch of “off road” trailers and the quality of this was far and away better than anything close in price at $21k out the door.

Lost track of this thread somehow.

Thanks for the reply!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Good hunt .

Love the old Powerwagon.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Hunter 4623, Good story and write up, rain and mud can make any hunting trip miserable, we use Jeep Gladiators, here as our hunting trucks and for light ranch work, rarely pull any thing bigger than a 16' flat bed, but we haul a lot of pigs and other critters in, How is your Gladiator, working out for you?
Thanks for the write up, I always enjoy a good hunting story. Rio7

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 59 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,782
Posts18,515,780
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.