Hop To
Page 45 of 66 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 65 66
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Nashville
Quick update!

The NCC fenced off the war memorial last week. They said that we would desecrate the memorial. They never stepped in beforehand and they only stepped in after to make it look like we were the bad guys. This was all after there had already been a 24hr in person guard installed (volunteered) for three days/nights to protect the memorial. The friends of the guy on guard swapped him out with 24hr direct video surveillance since. People have swept and shoveled the snow off the memorial up until the fence went up.

Today a group of veterans came to the memorial, disassembled the fence, shoveled snow and then led a large group of people in prayer and the national anthem.

Be proud guys!

good to hear. I listen to your BIL on FB every day. be safe

GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Quick update!

The NCC fenced off the war memorial last week. They said that we would desecrate the memorial. They never stepped in beforehand and they only stepped in after to make it look like we were the bad guys. This was all after there had already been a 24hr in person guard installed (volunteered) for three days/nights to protect the memorial. The friends of the guy on guard swapped him out with 24hr direct video surveillance since. People have swept and shoveled the snow off the memorial up until the fence went up.

Today a group of veterans came to the memorial, disassembled the fence, shoveled snow and then led a large group of people in prayer and the national anthem.

Be proud guys!

Thanks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nashville;
Thanks for the update again, they're very much appreciated.

My goodness that's wonderful news about the vets and the war memorial prayer.

Again there's so much in play here and I keep hearing that from folks who aren't really spiritual, but they can feel it.

That said Nashville, all the more reason for me to pray and you to be vigilant as I know you both are.

Until next time.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
just got back from our local protest. Met in a small city 40km away. I’d say 4-500 vehicles, trucks, cars, tractors. Lots of people had their kids.

The convoy pulled out about 12:45. We were maybe in the first 100 vehicles. We drove through 3 cities at about 35-40km an hour (tractor speed). Lots of people on the roadside waving flags and smiling.

I had strapped a 5 gal jerry can to the roof of my Prius. Lost count of how many people saw it, smiled, pointed, then gave me a thumbs up!

Saw two drivers going the other way give us the finger. One old guy shovelling snow gave us a thumbs down. Saw a few drivers with their mask on. Whether abject stupidity or their own small counter-protest, I don’t know.

Stopped at a railway crossing for a Via Rail train (our national passenger rail). The Engineer gave us a good long blast on the horn!

After 2.5 hours we peeled off as the convoy went by about 2 blocks from our home. An hour later we can still hear the honking as they continue rumbling by.

Talked to a native guy at the startup. He said “Now you know how we feel. He’s been screwing us for years!” There were a lot of other natives there, too (we’re 1/2 hour from 6 Nations, one of the largest reserves, population-wise).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from ]

Last edited by Wannabebwana; 02/12/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Love the pic of the gas can on the Prius

From all of the videos of the freedom rally looks to be a large contingent of women and POC and FN at all of the rallies. Hard to paint it as white supremacy by Justin. That's why the CBC. refuses to cover it in a unbiased manner

Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
just got back from our local protest. Met in a small city 40km away. I’d say 4-500 vehicles, trucks, cars, tractors. Lots of people had their kids.

The convoy pulled out about 12:45. We were maybe in the first 100 vehicles. We drove through 3 cities at about 35-40km an hour (tractor speed). Lots of people on the roadside waving flags and smiling.

I had strapped a 5 gal jerry can to the roof of my Prius. Lost count of how many people saw it, smiled, pointed, then gave me a thumbs up!

Saw two drivers going the other way give us the finger. One old guy shovelling snow gave us a thumbs down. Saw a few drivers with their mask on. Whether abject stupidity or their own small counter-protest, I don’t know.

Stopped at a railway crossing for a Via Rail train (our national passenger rail). The Engineer gave us a good long blast on the horn!

After 2.5 hours we peeled off as the convoy went by about 2 blocks from our home. An hour later we can still hear the honking as they continue rumbling by.

Talked to a native guy at the startup. He said “Now you know how we feel. He’s been screwing us for years!” There were a lot of other natives there, too (we’re 1/2 hour from 6 Nations, one of the largest reserves, population-wise).

[Linked Image from ]

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kolofardos
Quick update!

Be proud guys!

Thanks!

I saw the war memorial on viva Frei today. Looks like the freedom rally participants desecrated it again with flowers

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
A transport truck travelling east or west across Canada has to cross the Nipigon River Bridge—top of Lake Superior an hour east of Thunder Bay—a there is no other traffic link.
There are 3 large truck fuel stations on Hwy 11-17 which bypasses the downtown area of Nipigon (population less than 2000). Not unusual to have 40 or 50 tractor-trailer units parked near the fuel stations—Petro-Can, Husky and Tim Hortons. In severely bad Winter road conditions could see a couple of hundred trucks parked locally. Railway street is the name of the old hwy which until 1967 ran thru the centre of town.
I get a text this morning from a friend that the Nipigon River Bridge was shut down by truckers? It’s -32 below zero this morning and I thought WTF. I check Facebook 1st thing and there is an announcement from the OPP to avoid Railway street in Nipigon. I live 40 miles outta town so I’m not driving anywhere in this weather even if the SUV will even start. I call my fishing buddy in town—he hadn’t heard anything but said he would go and check it out. Calls me back and says there is one truck—exactly one —parked on side of railway street. A Sikh standing outside his truck with a sign—‘Freedom Canada’. Nobody else around-the Sikh fella with a bright yellow wrap on his head said to my friend even the OPP wouldn’t stick around just told me not to park on bridge. LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Just curious. How much fuel do those big rigs burn while idling for heat?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Truckers Freedom Convoy 2022 Keep On Truckin In The Free World Music Video

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
My wife and I have been watching some of the live stream. For an "insurrection", this sure doesn't look like what I would envision as an insurrection. Lol. The good folks up there are super polite, articulate and seem to be keeping everything clean and orderly.

Quite unlike the BLM and antifa scum that burn, loot, destroy, trash, assault or murder everywhere they go.

Our thoughts and prayers are with our Canadian friends trying to make peaceful changes!

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Hastings

Class 8 burn 3-4 liters p/hr.
Single 450 liter tank - 750 liter dual tanks. idle 15-25% to conserve fuel.

Many have catalytic diesel heater for the cab. Webasto, etc, that doesn't require the engine to run to create heat.

"He is far from Stupid"

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ribka
Quick update!

Be proud guys!

Being reported in the news that protesters tore down the fence, the media is the enemy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings

As said, about a gallon per hour if idling, but almost all of them have either Espar or Webasto diesel fired cab heaters, at least Northern spec trucks. Those use as little as a gallon per day. Some trucks use APU’s for heat and AC, which are small rail mounted Diesel engines, that can operate the HVAC loads of the cab for a small fraction of the fuel of idling a 15 Liter engine.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
673 Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I am really proud of the response from the Citizens of Canada, from what I view online or in person. Its an interesting look into "what makes Canada tick".
I believe the racism card the left has been leveraging here in Canada, and elsewhere has been crushed, their narrative never existed as fact, its all fake.
I think the entire World could use themselves a dose of freedom.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by blanket
Originally Posted by ribka
Quick update!

Be proud guys!

Being reported in the news that protesters tore down the fence, the media is the enemy

blanket;
Good evening to you sir, I trust the day was decent to you and all who matter to you are well.

This is a video from one of the legacy media up here - Global - and true to form part of their header is "purported veterans".

That said, they did air it and it isn't totally negative - and - at about 2:00 there's a Quebecois vet who refuses to talk to them because, "you guys don't do a good job". grin

We can hope that with every report such as this, there's some folks who are waking up and beginning to question what they're being told. It's going to be a tough pill for many to swallow for sure though, so it might take time.

Let's hope and pray we have that time.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I saw this earlier and it made me laugh.

LOL

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

Delivery Truck Driver: We have a Hot Tub to deliver.

Protestors: Put it right here in the middle.

https://twitter.com/davidpugliese/status/1492683280071544832

"He is far from Stupid"

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
"Let's hope and pray we have that time." From your lips to God's ears Dwayne.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
A group of protesters swarm police and sit down in front of police vehicles forcing them to back away.

https://twitter.com/MattBrevner/status/1492660643354189826

"He is far from Stupid"

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
A group of protesters swarm police and sit down in front of police vehicles forcing them to back away.

https://twitter.com/MattBrevner/status/1492660643354189826

Thanks for your posts

Page 45 of 66 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 65 66

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,899
Posts18,518,456
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.