-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Meopta fan for many years, Glad to see this -something sensible in a scope although agree with Cummins and other about <50mm. The one bugaboo- 23ounces, Dang.

I did just see that Burris is making a Fullfield IV in 3-12x422 with a few reticle options. 17 ounces,

Last edited by kenjs1; 02/04/22.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Id like to see how it compares to the Vortex LHT...in the field. Other than the reticle, its looks similar on paper at less than half the price.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Ever figure out COO details?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Ever figure out COO details?

All Meopta's are assembled in Czech Republic

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I just received this from Eric at Meopta:

“The MeoSport-R is a bit different than our other riflescopes. Optically it is on par with the Optika5 / 6 in daylight, but low light performance is slightly less due to the use of 2 additional lenses, one in the ocular and one in the objective. These help provide a flatter, more distortion free image albeit at the expense of a little bit of low light performance. It is lighter than the Optika6 for a 30mm tube scope and features external, locking windage and elevation adjustments, something not found on the Optika5 or 6. All in all the profile of the scope more resembles the R2 series with the “fin” on the magnification adjustment ring as opposed to the bulkier controls of the Optika5 and 6. I haven’t had the chance to really test one out yet, but my initial impression is very favorable and we have already shipped many of these scopes to our dealers in the weeks since we introduced them at SHOT Show.”

Less lowlight performance than the Optika series. Only matters to some of us. But I really appreciated their honest and thorough response.

Meopta has been jam up anytime I’ve ever spoken with them.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Just got a call from Neil ,scopes are being shipped to NY as I type !

Looking forward to getting my hands on these.

TB, CWD and Covid-19 , free so far.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Great! Very interested in your impressions when you get it.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Great! Very interested in your impressions when you get it.

I was tasked with finding a do all hunting scope for a friend. This scope checked pretty much all the boxes without breaking the bank. I was curious myself,so I ordered 2.

Stay tuned...

Last edited by mibowhunter; 02/11/22.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not sure how I missed these. Just ordered one myself. Checks a lot of boxes.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
This will be my first Meopta product. What level of Vortex glass can i expect this to compete with? Thanks!

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Any chance a 2 x 10 version will come out before Fall 2022?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
As of right now, I am not aware of any other MeoSport R scopes in the pipeline. I do think that with all the interest in this scope one would think that it may be the start of something bigger! I have 60 rounds of .300 WM under one and I am quite impressed. I think the feature the MeoSport R 3-15x50 RD has will make it great for hunters.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got one today, 22.6 oz on my scale, 6 MIL turrets with nice feel to them, locking turrets, awesome reticle, but there are a few things that got it to its price point. The only illumination “off setting” is between 6 and 7 power. Now, even at 6 it did seem pretty dim. It’s a tiny little dot, so maybe it won’t be an issue in the field. Just hate to be looking through it, need the illumination, and then be blinded by having to start at 6. Also the illumination knob is huge, as we saw in initial images. The rings it come with have a neat feature - the scope as lines on the bottom that you align with lines on the rings. But, I won’t be using these rings, they are really tall. It sort of feels like something an Alibaba special would come with.

Kinda wish they’d have just skipped the illumination to leave off the yuggeee knob.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm a confessed Meopta fan.

But that illumination knob looks like a tumor. And that box is straight outa the 80's.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by ChrisAU
The only illumination “off setting” is between 6 and 7 power... Just hate to be looking through it, need the illumination, and then be blinded by having to start at 6.[/IMG]

You may need to send yours back if that is the case. It is supposed to have "off" positions at every half-stop detent.

Mine does.

Also, the illumination is different than that in the R1 and R2 series as it goes much dimmer -- definitely a good thing.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Got one today, 22.6 oz on my scale, 6 MIL turrets with nice feel to them, locking turrets, awesome reticle, but there are a few things that got it to its price point. The only illumination “off setting” is between 6 and 7 power. Now, even at 6 it did seem pretty dim. It’s a tiny little dot, so maybe it won’t be an issue in the field. Just hate to be looking through it, need the illumination, and then be blinded by having to start at 6. Also the illumination knob is huge, as we saw in initial images. The rings it come with have a neat feature - the scope as lines on the bottom that you align with lines on the rings. But, I won’t be using these rings, they are really tall. It sort of feels like something an Alibaba special would come with.

Kinda wish they’d have just skipped the illumination to leave off the yuggeee knob.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Dang that was fast ! My order is not going to be here until Saturday.

Thank for the out the box review.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
The only illumination “off setting” is between 6 and 7 power... Just hate to be looking through it, need the illumination, and then be blinded by having to start at 6.[/IMG]

You may need to send yours back if that is the case. It is supposed to have "off" positions at every half-stop detent.

Mine does.

Also, the illumination is different than that in the R1 and R2 series as it goes much dimmer -- definitely a good thing.

It goes off, but just like you said, it’s between detents. I wouldn’t expect it to stay there when carrying the rifle. If it were meant to be operated that why, why is there an off full detent between 6 and 7?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Settings 1 through 6 are intended for lower light applications. 7-11 is for the brightest settings. I don't see the need for that extra separation at all, but that is a personal preference. Other manufacturers who acknowledge the day/night intensity differences simply mark the rheostat knob, but perhaps for some it is a convenience: they can move clockwise or counter-clockwise to get to the intended setting without going through the full range of options.

As to the half-stop detents, they are fairly firm in my scope. I would not expect them to move to another setting via normal handling. Other scope makers offer similar setups, and I have used them without issue.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
Settings 1 through 6 are intended for lower light applications. 7-11 is for the brightest settings. I don't see the need for that extra separation at all, but that is a personal preference. Other manufacturers who acknowledge the day/night intensity differences simply mark the rheostat knob, but perhaps for some it is a convenience: they can move clockwise or counter-clockwise to get to the intended setting without going through the full range of options.

As to the half-stop detents, they are fairly firm in my scope. I would not expect them to move to another setting via normal handling. Other scope makers offer similar setups, and I have used them without issue.

Gotcha, I'll have to play with it, just seemed odd at first.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Big Meopta fan for many years, Glad to see this -something sensible in a scope although agree with Cummins and other about <50mm. The one bugaboo- 23ounces, Dang.

I did just see that Burris is making a Fullfield IV in 3-12x422 with a few reticle options. 17 ounces,

Fullfield IV is made in China, thats a no go for most of us

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (1badf350, 1_deuce, 12344mag, 1minute, 1Longbow, 222Sako, 53 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,197 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,026
Posts18,500,516
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.