Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And with you sir - always a pleasure.

All the best to you, your ever smiling wife and the rest of the crew sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Hello Dave.

I do support my government, although I did not vote Liberal. Starting two years ago, I believed they were acting correctly, trying to bring the COVID pandemic to an end. They were in the dark, dealing with what would become various strains and growing medical concerns.

I have to start with the medical people. I trust professionals in their respective fields. They were doing the best they could, and still are. The hospital workers have been treated poorly in some places. They are still dealing with COVID related problems. I will not apologize for their efforts.

But, there is the government.

Last fall, it was apparent that COVID had run its course. Between the vaccinations and natural immunity, most of our problems were over. In one of these threads, I told you that the government was no longer doing what was needed. Because the Liberals did not correctly assess the situation six months ago, we are now at this point.

Sir: If you don't mind let's discuss your first two paragraphs. In hindsight would you now say that those of us not supporting or trusting the government were right to be skeptical? It turns out the government officials took some mighty unnecessary drastic measures that truly harmed good citizens. Would you agree? A good many of us were saying "Whoa, let's not get carried away and panic".

Next, nobody is asking you to apologize for medical people if we are talking about the folks doing hands on work with the ill. Nobody would expect you to apologize for the malfeasance and misfeasance of Fauci et al. What was hurtful was one of our own (you) being dismissive and near contemptuous in your remarks toward those of us less connected to the government and maybe less educated than yourself. It turns out that a lot of people scattered all over Canada and the the U.S. were right not to run out and get "vaccinated" or put on face coverings or hibernate for 2 years. The government medical experts were ass deep in the manufacture of this pathogen and ass deep in the cover up and profiteering. Your posts over the last two years were taken as a haughty disregard for the opinions of your 24HCF friends and I thought you might want to smooth that over.

I realize that apologizing is a hard thing to do because I have had to do it myself.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Posted on GAB:

OC Transpo is doing the towing in Ottawa according to a slip during the City Council Meeting happening now.

Tel: 613-560-5000

Contact page with multiple points of contact:

https://www.octranspo.com/en/contact-us/

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Is it media fanning the flames or did I just read the EA says no domestic travel to protest sites...and if you have children in the vehicle they will be taken into custody at the time of your arrest. Please, tell me I got this wrong.

Last edited by flintlocke; 02/16/22.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
flintlocke;
Good afternoon my cyber friend to the south, I hope you all got some of the wonderful sun today and you're all well.

If you're on FaceBook at all - I know, I know it is definitely behind enemy lines, but should you wander there - look up The Crackpot Farmer - who gives video updates a couple times a day.

That fellow is our own Nashville's BIL and in fact Nashville made an on camera appearance today and did very well - again!

He - Crackpot - indicated that both sides are engaged in phycological ops at present.

There is certainly fear being mongered by the legacy media on behalf of the government, but what will actually take place remains to be seen.

I'll ask for prayer for everyone - but specifically for Nashville and Crackpot as to me they're "our people" there, you know?

Thanks and all the best.

Dwayne

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Thanks Dwayne, I saw it a few minutes ago on "Conservative Treehouse"...it was a screenshot of a 'handout' or 'handbill' with an official looking Ottawa Police header. I thought they had police roadblocks everywhere, and would just turn people around. If true, they are starting to play hardball. Sorry, I don't know how to make links.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by cleanbarrel
Posted on GAB:

OC Transpo is doing the towing in Ottawa according to a slip during the City Council Meeting happening now.

Tel: 613-560-5000

Contact page with multiple points of contact:

https://www.octranspo.com/en/contact-us/

OC Transpo is the Ottawa municipal transit service. Maybe they’re seconding bus drivers to drive confiscated tow trucks, but I’m doubtful.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
flintlocke;
No need to apologize whatsoever sir.

Indeed Crackpot Farmer and Nashville had one on their pickup this morning and read it out.

This is complicated way beyond what I perceive Prince Emergency has thought of, or could be.

For instance if he pulls this ace card out - well it's a snub nosed .44 really isn't it and it doesn't work there's a bunch of fallout as well. Not the least of which it means to any other group with any other cause that the government's ace card/backup gun is impotent, right?

Surely it'd not be a good thing for the Shining Prince's political career, but he may - or may not - realize he's done. There's forks sticking out all over him already.. so who do "they" have in the wings to replace him, you know? He appeared more or less out of the wings the same way, from being a ski instructor, part time teacher, trust fund baby background.

Perhaps life has always been this complicated sir, I'm sure it likely has truly, but there's a lot of balls in the air here and more waiting to be tossed perhaps.

Thanks for your interest, thanks even more for prayers or positive thoughts.

All the best.

Dwayne

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hastings,

WRT your skepticism, it was yours to do with as you pleased. No one presented any credible sources here. You say the government took unnecessary steps early on. I do not agree. They did what they thought was right.

Vaccination is a personal decision. Something that I said here numerous times. What I found disturbing, and still do, is the treatment of those who said they got the shots and were set upon. It struck me as a one way street. The responses from many here was, you are either with us, or against us. You are wrong and we are right. No other opinions will be tolerated.

That is disturbing for several reasons. Something that both US and Cdn citizens should understand. People have differing opinions about many things. It happens with medicine and politics too. The mistake that I made was not to "turn the other cheek" to those people here who cursed and put down others. I have since corrected myself and have several people on ignore.

Not all or even most of my posts were "a haughty disregard" for the opinions of others. I asked many times for credible cites or sources. When people started slinging insults, they got what they gave. I did not turn the other cheek, but as I said, it has been corrected.

When I posted news stories or links like the Emergencies Act that were being reported in the media, I was considered by some people to be the cause of it, or agreeing with it. The old metaphor, "Don't shoot the messenger." was disregarded. I think that you know the three or four parties.

While I trust in the scriptures, I am still a man. I did not accept the language and tone used responding to me.

This chat was remarkable in that it wasn't full of cursing and insults. For that, I thank you.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So Steve what do your precious scriptures say when you insult people spread dangerous disinformation and follow the orders of evil men who despise the Bible, truth and Christianity?

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Watch this message from the Public Safety Minister trying to link the few bad apples at Coutts to Ottawa. You have to watch from the beginning to the end where his message changes.

https://twitter.com/andrewlawton/st...IvUDjUJfx6ZZuNP4p40j0GJtyRpcWVT_DzLutEBM

Notice that he did not thank the majority of people at Coutts that when they heard about this stopped the protest and left the site whith hugs and handshakes shared with the police.

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hugh;
Good almost evening to you my cyber friend, I hope the day was a good one for you.

Thanks so much for that video, it's disappointing but not surprising isn't it?

He certainly wasn't able to answer a question any better than any of the folks in his party, but again I'm repeating myself that it's not surprising.

It was nice however to see the reporters asking him some hard questions, so I'll take that as a positive.

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
In the US, you get 13 whackos that show up at a peaceful protest, armed to the teeth...it's just instinctive to assume it's an intelligence sting operation by the alphabet agencies, or a false flag ruse. Usually the FBI's fingerprints are all over it. One of the main tip offs being there just happens to be a government sympathetic film crew in the immediate proximity filming the whole thing. So, my question is, do the folks in Canada suspect a false flag here? Useful idiots pumped up to do something just at the right/wrong time as the invocation of the Emergency Act. The timing was pretty close I take it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Canucks need to vote that tool out of power. Just like the US needs Biden and Cameltoe gone.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hastings,

WRT your skepticism, it was yours to do with as you pleased. No one presented any credible sources here. You say the government took unnecessary steps early on. I do not agree. They did what they thought was right.

Vaccination is a personal decision. Something that I said here numerous times. What I found disturbing, and still do, is the treatment of those who said they got the shots and were set upon. It struck me as a one way street. The responses from many here was, you are either with us, or against us. You are wrong and we are right. No other opinions will be tolerated.

That is disturbing for several reasons. Something that both US and Cdn citizens should understand. People have differing opinions about may things. It happens with medicine and politics too. The mistake that I made was not to "turn the other cheek" to those people here who cursed and put down others. I have since corrected myself and have several people on ignore.

Not all or even most of my posts were "a haughty disregard" for the opinions of others. I asked many times for credible cites or sources. When people started slinging insults, they got what they gave. I did not turn the other cheek, but as I said, it has been corrected.

When I posted news stories or links like the Emergencies Act that were being reported in the media, I was considered by some people to be the cause of it, or agreeing with it. The old metaphor, "Don't shoot the messenger." was disregarded. I think that you know the three or four parties.

While I trust in the scriptures, I am still a man. I did not accept the language and tone used responding to me.

This chat was remarkable in that it wasn't full of cursing and insults. For that, I thank you.

Steve do you support the vaccine mandates?

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Hugh; Good almost evening to you my cyber friend, I hope the day was a good one for you.

Thanks so much for that video, it's disappointing but not surprising isn't it? He certainly wasn't able to answer a question any better than any of the folks in his party, but again I'm repeating myself that it's not surprising. It was nice however to see the reporters asking him some hard questions, so I'll take that as a positive.

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne

Dwayne, all the best of the evening to you. Snowing and windy here again so dog walks were a bit on the cool side today.

Here is a NP article on the emergencies act questioning why was it needed. Keep in mind we had 6 weeks of railblockades, with serious vandalism and nothing like this was implemented.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/te...ing-truth-that-liberals-just-cant-govern

Also I have quoted from within the article on the Coutts protesters shutting down and clearling out on their own when they learned of the nutcases.

"The lengthy showdown at the Coutts crossing in Alberta that shut down the road into Sweetgrass, Montana, was dismantled by the protesters themselves after the RCMP discovered a cache of weaponry nearby and arrested several individuals the protesters reasonably describe as a pack of dangerous nutcases that had infiltrated their show."

As usual the Liberals try to make something out of nothing with linking Coutts to Ottawa and zero mention on credit to the good will of the protesters for dismantling. All they have done is increased the dim view of their performance.

All the best

Hugh
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain

No.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Rex Murphy on Trudeau and the emergencies act. Another hard hitting article

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/re...ency-measures-are-an-insult-to-canadians

Hugh
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
flintlocke;
Good evening once again sir, I see none of the other Canucks has responded to your query so I'll take a swing at it.

As seen in the release Hugh shared, the government and many in the legacy media are attempting to link the various actions across the country. While I have no inside information one way or the other, the main spokes folks for the Ottawa protest say they're not linked. There could be people who know each other who were in both or even more than two of the locations, but that alone wouldn't mean they have any ability to direct anyone's actions other than their own.

The arrests in Coutts, AB are a wee bit odd in that some of the firearms and magazines should really have resulted in restricted and prohibited weapons charges as well, but they're not listed. So that's odd.

To be open and clear, I do have some family not too, too far from that area, but didn't see any names I recognized in the list of those arrested. It wouldn't totally surprise me if two of the guys might have been coyote hunting too by the look of their rifles? From what we heard on our walk this morning at 5:00, the coyote rut is in full swing.

At this point I'd personally not consider the mess at Coutts a false flag, only a few things that it's not clear how or why they weren't charged with is all.

Again I'm happy to hear what sounded like more than one reporter questioning the Minister on his story, but what all that indicates remains to be seen as far as the legacy media machine goes.

Hope that all made sense and again if any of our Canucks wish to amend or contend, please do.

All the best to you flintlocke.

Dwayne

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain

No.

Ok, good to know

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

235 members (320090T, 17CalFan, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, 24 invisible), 1,287 guests, and 998 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,980
Posts18,519,946
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.