Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by TheKid

Which model is that?

18” SS Wylde Rifle gas. Not sure what the cheese grater hand guard is called, personally I’d rather a plain tube but they didn’t sell them like that and I ain’t investing any more money than necessary in my truck gun. It was a “rifle kit” I bought from PSA a few years ago to replace my old truck gun that was stolen.

??

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...t-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-516445214.html

When you order something like that, do you simply need to attach it to a "complete" lower to have a functional gun? Is this part the part that requires shipment to an FFL?

Ahhh.... this is your first AR..... ho boy, are you in for a treat. There’s a whole other world of shootin’ to be had in AR’s. The bang for the buck is amazing- due to the .gov investment, they are extremely high-quality, well engineered and debugged rifles. And ridiculously cheap for what you get. Even the bad ones, are damn good, compared to just about any other civilian semi-auto.

I will warn you, you can’t really have just the one.... smile They are like bikes that way (got my Spec Ultegra Roubaix out for a spin today, felt awesome)...

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by TheKid

Which model is that?

18” SS Wylde Rifle gas. Not sure what the cheese grater hand guard is called, personally I’d rather a plain tube but they didn’t sell them like that and I ain’t investing any more money than necessary in my truck gun. It was a “rifle kit” I bought from PSA a few years ago to replace my old truck gun that was stolen.

??

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...t-m-lok-upper-with-bcg-ch-516445214.html

When you order something like that, do you simply need to attach it to a "complete" lower to have a functional gun? Is this part the part that requires shipment to an FFL?

Ahhh.... this is your first AR..... ho boy, are you in for a treat. There’s a whole other world of shootin’ to be had in AR’s. The bang for the buck is amazing- due to the .gov investment, they are extremely high-quality, well engineered and debugged rifles. And ridiculously cheap for what you get. Even the bad ones, are damn good, compared to just about any other civilian semi-auto.

I will warn you, you can’t really have just the one.... smile They are like bikes that way (got my Spec Ultegra Roubaix out for a spin today, felt awesome)...

I have an AR and have taken them completely apart and put them back together (military) I have never purchased the "uppers" and "lowers" to "build" one and don't want to make any assumptions based on what I think I know.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by auk1124

Yes, it will attach to a complete lower. No FFL needed for the upper. FFL transfer is for lower receivers.

Thank you.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Certifiable
I like em. Have a RR upper (heavy and short) and a stag 6 (heavy and long) that are easy under an inch

They’re both pigs but soft shooting and only get carried to a bench and back so the weight isn’t a factor

I think there were more Stag 6 rifles in the black rifle challenge that shot under moa than any other rifle. I remember guys like you were suggesting it, so I bought one. The rifle shot amazing, but it was too heavy. If I were just going to shoot off a bench all day, I'd be using one of those. Needless to say, I sold it after I bought my first 20" barreled rifle. My 20" is fluted and is a lot lighter than the big 24" barreled stag. I am one that doesn't like the 18" or shorter rifles. They do not shoot as smoothly as the 20" rifle length system. That's my choice.

I just found that thread. I don't know whether to thank you or cuss you. It is raining today.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Do any of you have experience with the PSA EPT trigger?

IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
If I was looking for a complete lower right now, it would be hard to find anything that could beat the Palmetto lowers with Magpul MOE furniture. That's a lot of lower, for little coin. Here is a blem for 140 bucks, free shipping.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psa-ar15-complete-moe-ept-stealth-lower-fde.html

Never had one of their triggers, but if it wasn't to my liking, that's an easy fix. There are plenty of nice AR triggers out there.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If I was looking for a complete lower right now, it would be hard to find anything that could beat the Palmetto lowers with Magpul MOE furniture. That's a lot of lower, for little coin. Here is a blem for 140 bucks, free shipping.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psa-ar15-complete-moe-ept-stealth-lower-fde.html

Never had one of their triggers, but if it wasn't to my liking, that's an easy fix. There are plenty of nice AR triggers out there.

I could add that to the upper posted earlier and be into it for $520. It'd be kinda homely, but that rarely deters me.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Function trumps beauty in lots of places. For what I use an auto loading rifle for I look at aesthetics just about last.

FWIW my rifle is the above mentioned PSA upper on a spray painted Anderson blem lower with some kind of packet trigger Brownells had on blowout sale a few Black Fridays back.

And to give credit where it is due, I asked at the time what was a good value for my needs and Stick steered me in the right direction.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

It's sure as hell nowhere near any really decent aftermarket trigger, like a Geiselle.................just a nickel plated stock mil-spec version.

Don't waste money on it.

Especially if you're wanting a "prcision" or varmint rifle......................you'll want something significantly better.

Geiselle GS2 is a very good trigger for the money especially if you can find it on sale, & especially after you put a lighter (Wolff) trigger spring in it.

If you want an economical single stage trigger, Rise Armament has some decent models.

MM

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I want a cassette trigger...which means CMC Flatty. Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

With PSA you want to stick with either their stainless barrels, that are made in house, or the CHF barrels made by FN. These are their best shooters, and IMO will give you the fewest issues. Their Nitrate barrels are more hit or miss in the accuracy department. Even Stick likes their 18" rifle gas barrels, and he don't like much, so that's telling you something.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I prolly LOVE 'em. Hint.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

It's sure as hell nowhere near any really decent aftermarket trigger, like a Geiselle.................just a nickel plated stock mil-spec version.

Don't waste money on it.

Especially if you're wanting a "prcision" or varmint rifle......................you'll want something significantly better.

Geiselle GS2 is a very good trigger for the money especially if you can find it on sale, & especially after you put a lighter (Wolff) trigger spring in it.

If you want an economical single stage trigger, Rise Armament has some decent models.

MM

Another great trigger for the money is the 2 stage varmint match RRA. I use a bunch of them right along side the Geiselle SSAE and even a single stage CMC 3.5 pound that isn't bad. I prefer the RRA personally. Most times you can find it on sale at RTBA for $79.95. And of course the Larue tactical MBT2S is always a great option as well..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Alright, I just ordered this. Stick, I am going to be pissed if this thing isn't sub MOA with my NC Star scope.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
If your old reliable NcStar doesn't work, try this one from Amazon. 900 5 star reviews! It's what the snipers in the Pakistan Navy Seals used when they were guarding Salami Ben Lorden.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Paula,

Be as pissed as you please,because in the end,your "abilities" are solely your's. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
If your old reliable NcStar doesn't work, try this one from Amazon. 900 5 star reviews! It's what the snipers in the Pakistan Navy Seals used when they were guarding Salami Ben Lorden.

I haven't decided what I want to do about optics yet.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
The Warne 20 moa cantilever scope mounts are nice, and seem to run around 100-120 bucks.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

Suh-WEEEEET!!

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (allscopedup, 35, arky65, 240NMC, 10Glocks, 13 invisible), 1,525 guests, and 854 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,603
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.