Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Just ordered a Trijicon Credo 3-9x40 with MOA Precision Hunter reticle and Vortex (dumbest name in the optics industry) "co-witness" rings that will put me at 1.46" above bore. PSA shipped the lower today. Their uppers can take a bit longer to ship.

You might want to double check that ring height dimension................I'm betting that dimension is 1.46" above the top of the rail, not the bore.

MM

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I typed that.

GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by JPro
Doesn’t interest me either, but to each, his own.

So what are your interests? Drinking beer, smashing pussy, and shooting stop signs with your shotgun??

Why do you have to judge a fella John whistle

😬

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Well, just got tracking info on the upper. It won't be long before we know whether I am pissed at you guys or not.

If there's anything wrong with it, it's just the Paul Barnard Gun Curse striking again.

How did you get your curse, take the name of Elmer Keith in Vain?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Not for me. But I’m cheap. I think I have the more expensive one you showed cause that’s what was available when I was looking but I wouldn’t have paid more if they were both available.

Semper Fi
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Manganese Phosphate BCG's have been known to work just fine (hint) & If you don't like it at some time in the future, you can upgrade it to something better than NiB, which is not the best coating in the world, IMO.

So, no, that price differential is not worth it IMO.................if it was DLC or chrome, then maybe so. IMO, good nitriding is better than NiB.

MM

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Well, just got tracking info on the upper. It won't be long before we know whether I am pissed at you guys or not.

If there's anything wrong with it, it's just the Paul Barnard Gun Curse striking again.

How did you get your curse, take the name of Elmer Keith in Vain?

I am anxiously awaiting it to see what's broken.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Manganese Phosphate BCG's have been known to work just fine (hint) & If you don't like it at some time in the future, you can upgrade it to something better than NiB, which is not the best coating in the world, IMO.

So, no, that price differential is not worth it IMO.................if it was DLC or chrome, then maybe so. IMO, good nitriding is better than NiB.

MM

hint? You too? SMH

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Settle down, Jeffe, TIC & Saturday morning humor................................ grin

MM

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Ok. you are allowed to pass. grin

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Everything arrived either yesterday or today. Can't say too much about it yet other than the trigger is fine with me. It weighs 8 pounds with mag, sans ammo. I did opt for high instead of extra high rings and like the way everything lines up. It'll be a bit before I get to shoot it.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is that the EPT trigger? I ordered a couple of 16" railed carbine kits from them the other day with the Nickle-boron 2-stage they also sell, which I hear is a Schmid trigger. I've never had any of their triggers but the standard old mil-spec, and I always swap those out.

Rifle looks like it should work. Let us know how it does.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JPro
Is that the EPT trigger? I ordered a couple of 16" railed carbine kits from them the other day with the Nickle-boron 2-stage they also sell, which I hear is a Schmid trigger. I've never had any of their triggers but the standard old mil-spec, and I always swap those out.

Rifle looks like it should work. Let us know how it does.

It's the EPT trigger. It's worth noting that I can suffer an imperfect trigger better than most. It's worlds better than any M-16 I shot or my Ruger AR. No creep or gritiness.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Everything arrived either yesterday or today. Can't say too much about it yet other than the trigger is fine with me. It weighs 8 pounds with mag, sans ammo. I did opt for high instead of extra high rings and like the way everything lines up. It'll be a bit before I get to shoot it.

That scopes sitting too far back for my liking. I'd pull those rings and use a proper cantilever mount.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Hope it works out for you. Looks like a nice setup.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That scopes sitting too far back for my liking. I'd pull those rings and use a proper cantilever mount.

I placed it where it felt best for my natural mount. It's definitely not in a nose to the charging handle position. After you posted this, I went and looked where my other AR scope is positioned. Pretty much exactly the same. Then I googled "scoped AR Rifle" and looked at images. Many are set where mine is and many are further forward.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Looks good. Mine are shooters as well.

Semper Fi
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I know a guy that uses a cantilever mount turned backwards, he says it works for him and that’s all that matters. But he fails to see that because of that, he can’t operate a normal charging handle properly.

If you like it, it’s yours, do what you want. I can’t see your pics but if it has a rail on the hand guard, just move the scope forward and play with it in different positions. If you see it might work better, get a cantilever mount. Do not bridge the rail for shooting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

+1
In my experience, his scope position is fine if all you ever do is throw the gun up to your face and shoot standing like it's a shotgun. You can probably get away with it shooting off a bench or pogo sticks, I'm not sure, I don't shoot like that enough to know. Maybe BSA can chime in on that. When I do shoot off a bench I give it lots of head pressure.
If you are going to shoot more than a couple shots prone, N-T-CH is mandatory if you don't want a sore neck. The AR really likes to be hugged with a tight sling and lots of head pressure. Love her hard and she'll sing for you.

ETA: There's a reason AMU and everyone else who is a competitive Offhand shooter shoots NTCH. I sure wouldn't be going by pictures of Larry Fugstick.

Last edited by Tyrone; 03/02/22.

Politics is War by Other Means
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Tyrone

+1
In my experience, his scope position is fine if all you ever do is throw the gun up to your face and shoot standing like it's a shotgun. You can probably get away with it shooting off a bench or pogo sticks, I'm not sure, I don't shoot like that enough to know. Maybe BSA can chime in on that. When I do shoot off a bench I give it lots of head pressure.
If you are going to shoot more than a couple shots prone, N-T-CH is mandatory if you don't want a sore neck. The AR really likes to be hugged with a tight sling and lots of head pressure. Love her hard and she'll sing for you.

ETA: There's a reason AMU and everyone else who is a competitive Offhand shooter shoots NTCH. I sure wouldn't be going by pictures of Larry Fugstick.

Yep.

That can work in the conditions you described, but if he spend a day with that rig proned out on a prairie dog town those rings would be gone the next morning.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (007FJ, 1minute, 270cowboy, 06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 60 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,557
Posts18,491,741
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.