Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Fugly

It's easy to look beyond the ugly if you actually use one.
When I'm on in years, I'm not gonna be the guy that answers every question with "hah?"
And neither will my hunting partners.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
HR IC

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I like them, they keep noise levels down, don't terrify game in the immediate vicinity. Coyote comes past your stand an hour before deer show up, shoot him and carry on with the deer hunt.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
My Resonator and Resonator K have spoiled me.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

I wish I would have had suppressors years ago, I could buy 15 suppressors for what I have spent on hearing aids. Rio7

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
FJB. They can take their year wait and government slush fund donation and pack it.

A lineal comp has many similar benefits without the BS and wait.

Or just man up and learn how to carry a gun that isn't featherweight, and shoot a gun without a horses appendage screwed on the front end.

Seems like the buying trends show that the hunting market is turning into catering to pansies.

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
So heavier rifles are less loud? And some dude hunts game that cares if his rifle is ugly?

I’m like Skane in that I don’t want to be the old deaf guy. I already have some hearing loss and it runs in the family anyway. My Grandad and his siblings have all worn hearing aids and been difficult to communicate with for longer than I’ve been alive. It sucks for all parties not to mention the mountain of cash they’ve spent on hearing aids over the years.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

KenMi, GFY !!!! Rio7

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KenMi
FJB. They can take their year wait and government slush fund donation and pack it.

Or just man up and learn how to carry a gun that isn't featherweight, and shoot a gun without a horses appendage screwed on the front end.

Seems like the buying trends show that the hunting market is turning into catering to pansies.

LMAO - a linear comp.
You don’t know what you don’t know.

WWP53D
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thoughts on suppressors for hunting?

They are awesome.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane

LMAO - a linear comp.
You don’t know what you don’t know.

is that one of them oil filter thing-a-ma-bob they sell at the gun shows? grin grin

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Humtsmam - SORRY, but my keyboard has stopped making "M's", so it substitutes "M's". ( First one is the letter before "O", second is after "L").

Mike Holmes

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SKane

It's easy to look beyond the ugly if you actually use one.
When I'm on in years, I'm not gonna be the guy that answers every question with "hah?"
And neither will my hunting partners.

Unfortunately, I'd did - wait too long - but that didn't stop from later acquiring the suppressors I have now and another on the way.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RIO7

I wish I would have had suppressors years ago, I could buy 15 suppressors for what I have spent on hearing aids. Rio7

Good point! I have Uncle Sam to thank for my hearing aids, but I'm sure all the shooting I did in the service, didn't help matters.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm another one that would jump in with both feet if it were as easy as walking into the shop, pointing at one in the case, and walking back out with it. Can't talk myself into paying an extra $200 a pop for the 'privilege' and going through the wait.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Great, another, "man up and learn to live with your flinching" post.

Could it be that the hunting market has finally figured out that if they give people offerings that allow them to put the bullet where it belongs, performs well, and doesn't lead to lifelong physical issues that people will buy them? Nah, it couldn't be that. We are all just pansies.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

Great, what we really need around her is another complete stupidasss.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't be a savage. Hunt with a can.

All deer shot with a minimum of racket.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Multiple animals without changing locations is the norm with suppressors, not the exception it is without them. Anyone stupid enough to not like them, has no clue. Sure, the stamp is stupid, but eforms may mitigate a huge portion of the wait. They’re as cheap as good optics or rifles, and cheaper than thermals…..but maybe it’s because they’re more expensive than a hi point or some have a background issue as their real beef.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I love using them. I even messed up a pre-64 model 70 by cutting and threading the barrel for a suppressor. Point of impact shift is repeatable and if you have a scope capable, you can always put the dope in with or without the can. Here’s a video I made while hunting with my Model 70.

https://youtu.be/9TeeUlSxhP8

Last edited by ChanceD; 03/06/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RIO7
I wish I would have had suppressors years ago, I could buy 15 suppressors for what I have spent on hearing aids.

Among many good posts, this might be my favorite.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 219DW, 63 invisible), 2,888 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,482
Posts18,490,208
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.