Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by rong
The faucet is on full blast.

Good times ,,no? sick

It’s strangely satisfying.

Well you could be the gambling type and play pull my finger with some unknowingly for victim

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ldholton
Originally Posted by rong
The faucet is on full blast.

Good times ,,no? sick

It’s strangely satisfying.

Well you could be the gambling type and play pull my finger with some unknowingly for victim

I feel like whatever gratification I’d get out of their reaction would be lost in having pants full of azz pee.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.
IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Now that I’ve been doing this all day without the significant results I had hoped for, I kind of wish I hadn’t.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Well, I just had my third colonoscopy about two weeks ago. Have fun with the Miralax. Drank that crap about 9 in the AM and it didn't take hold till about 1 PM. Shortly after that is was Katy bar the door and thing didn't quit till about 9 that evening. Next day was the big event. I went through it without sedation and got to watch the whole shoe on the monitor. Interesting trip. Doc found two polyps which he removed and an ugly looking spot that looked like a half hardened scab. Not good I'm thinking and sure as hell, it's some form of cancer. I guess it was worth it going though all the misery of he prep and having done two under sedation and one without, not much difference. Even under you feel the gas pains when they pump you full of air so that they can see inside. It only lasts for a few minutes that feels like centuries.
Now I have the good fortune (?) to hook up with the doc who is supposed to fix things. Just hoping like mad I don't end up with a bag. FWIW, I seriously doubt I will ever have to do another colonoscopy. I'm about halfway to birthday #84.

To the OP, enjoy the journey. I hope that drain cleaner works for you. Not something I would voluntarily do. BTW, prune juice works exceptionally well for me. Usually two glasses at the most does the job. I also like eating a few prunes every other day or so.

Edited to add: This really is a pretty schitty subject. grin
Paul B.

They never even give me an option of staying awake. Though not sure I would want to full disclosure I kind of like that stuff they put you out with best sleep I have in years. I told one nurse that and she kind of laughs as well that was the same stuff that killed Michael Jackson. The stuff they put me out with that is

I didn't have a choice. You have to have someone bring you for the procedure and again to take you home as the will not let you go after coming out of sedation. It's a liability thing. I had no one to do either bring or take me home as all my kids live out of state. The few friends my late wife and I had have all passed.It was do the thing wide awake or not at all. Considering the outcome, it wasn't all that bad for the most part. Kind of like a video game where you're going through a pink tunnel searching the the treasure or bad guys. You're awake to see the outcome. The worst is when they inflate you like a balloon. That lasts for only a couple of minutes and them you delflate. While in recovery I was tended to by three, not one, but three lovely nurses. usually it's only one but it was a slow day I guess. I flirted with all three and they flirted back. You could call that making the best out of a bad situation. LOL.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Well, I just had my third colonoscopy about two weeks ago. Have fun with the Miralax. Drank that crap about 9 in the AM and it didn't take hold till about 1 PM. Shortly after that is was Katy bar the door and thing didn't quit till about 9 that evening. Next day was the big event. I went through it without sedation and got to watch the whole shoe on the monitor. Interesting trip. Doc found two polyps which he removed and an ugly looking spot that looked like a half hardened scab. Not good I'm thinking and sure as hell, it's some form of cancer. I guess it was worth it going though all the misery of he prep and having done two under sedation and one without, not much difference. Even under you feel the gas pains when they pump you full of air so that they can see inside. It only lasts for a few minutes that feels like centuries.
Now I have the good fortune (?) to hook up with the doc who is supposed to fix things. Just hoping like mad I don't end up with a bag. FWIW, I seriously doubt I will ever have to do another colonoscopy. I'm about halfway to birthday #84.

To the OP, enjoy the journey. I hope that drain cleaner works for you. Not something I would voluntarily do. BTW, prune juice works exceptionally well for me. Usually two glasses at the most does the job. I also like eating a few prunes every other day or so.

Edited to add: This really is a pretty schitty subject. grin
Paul B.

They never even give me an option of staying awake. Though not sure I would want to full disclosure I kind of like that stuff they put you out with best sleep I have in years. I told one nurse that and she kind of laughs as well that was the same stuff that killed Michael Jackson. The stuff they put me out with that is

I didn't have a choice. You have to have someone bring you for the procedure and again to take you home as the will not let you go after coming out of sedation. It's a liability thing. I had no one to do either bring or take me home as all my kids live out of state. The few friends my late wife and I had have all passed.It was do the thing wide awake or not at all. Considering the outcome, it wasn't all that bad for the most part. Kind of like a video game where you're going through a pink tunnel searching the the treasure or bad guys. You're awake to see the outcome. The worst is when they inflate you like a balloon. That lasts for only a couple of minutes and them you delflate. While in recovery I was tended to by three, not one, but three lovely nurses. usually it's only one but it was a slow day I guess. I flirted with all three and they flirted back. You could call that making the best out of a bad situation. LOL.
Paul B.

Did they compliment you on your “glow”?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wife and I just recently had our first, late 50's here with family history on my side so was overdue.
Prep is the hard part. Propofol was a trip, in a good way. Two polyps removed, benign. Wife was issue-free.

Good luck, get er done....

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Gooch, are you okay?

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you aren't prepping for a colonoscopy and just trying to get regular while on a low carb diet you need to get some fiber in your system, along with some liquids to move it along. I have IBS and for awhile I couldn't hardly leave the house because I never knew when I would have to find a bathroom post haste... my doc- who I'm seeing tomorrow to set up my third Colonoscopy- set me up with some synthetic psyllium fiber . Worked great and got me regular as an alarm clock. After several years being on it the symptoms went away so I stopped taking it. Besides , the gas got so bad I'm pretty sure the neighbors were going to call the DEQ to report a noxious gas in the neighborhood, my wife was going to divorce me, my buddies made me sleep in my own tent on hunting and fishing trips, and I was banned from several stores once they figured out who was making that disgusting smell.... wink

Afterwards, of course, my doc told me he should have put me on a different fiber, but the public shaming remains as a sensitive subject around my house.... bonus is the fiber reduces internal inflammation caused by our typical American diet.

All in all, though, I find a couple cups of coffee in the morning is enough to get me going just fine and a donut or something similar tends to smooth things out a bit...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Shower, don’t wipe.

Thank me later.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had my Colonoscopy on 03/21/2022

Wasn't fun drinking all the juice.

They did find one polyp. It was removed waiting on test results. Dr. said, he thought it was okay.

Life goes on.

Take care.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

G
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by g5m
Gooch, are you okay?

It was a rough three days. I’ve heard people joke about azz pee, but now I know. I felt like my butt was dry-heaving. Once it calmed down, I started using fiber pills. So far, so good.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by g5m
The prep is no fun. If it hasn't happened already stay close to the bathroom as the urge is followed immediately by the act. And it keeps happening. Over and over and over.

Same for me, I hate that chit!

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
I was getting one done a few years ago. Prior, my boss at work said he wished he could have one, just for the cleaning out effect. (health nut)

Grabbed my instructions from the DR. Here you go dude, you can buy all needed supplies at Walmart, just across the street! smile

End of story.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This is the shìttiest thread I've ever seen on here.

No wonder all the good guys left.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Shower, don’t wipe.

Thank me later.

P

In "hind" sight, this is great advice !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by smokepole
This is the shìttiest thread I've ever seen on here.

No wonder all the good guys left.

None of them ever had to poop.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Go in next week to 'set the date' for the anal probe.
At 58 years young and this being #4 I hope they'll find nothing[again] beyond my UC and push return dates a bit further apart.

FJB & FJT
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (19rabbit52, 2500HD, 222Sako, 257robertsimp, 270wsmnutt, 257 roberts, 56 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,496
Posts18,509,148
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.