Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Had my last one when I was 48. Doc said I was clean as a whistle, no need for the 50 year one.

How often are you supposed to have one if they don't find anything? Every ten years?

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by auk1124
Had my last one when I was 48. Doc said I was clean as a whistle, no need for the 50 year one.

How often are you supposed to have one if they don't find anything? Every ten years?

Last year talking with Doc after finishing up he said "see ya next year", I'm like really-NEXT YEAR?????
I think 10 is the norm if no issues.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had my first at 39 and they found 3 polyps they removed. Said I had diverticulitis to boot. Not sure when I need to go in again, it's been 4 years in December since the experience. It wasn't that bad, the thirst was the worst for me the day of. I don't recommend binge eating as soon as they lock you loose. I hit up burger King like I hadn't eaten in a month. Took several days for my guts to get comfortable after that. Burger and a salad to balance it would have been better.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
My guts have been off for a couple months since changing my diet to a low-carb situation. I don’t know if I’m not getting enough fiber or if I’m plugged up. Has anyone ever chugged a whole thing of Miralax just to clean themselves out? I bought a 7.3 oz bottle and I’ve already downed more than half. Today is gonna be interesting!

I’ve never had a colonoscopy, so this is my first time trying this.

Get one scheduled, ass cancer is one of the most preventable cancers the are. I got a cousin going through treatment and he thought colonoscopies were a joke.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by jfruser
Low carb without, uh, "downstream results" means you are doing low carb wrong.

ROUGHAGE
You want to move things along? Plenty of roughage. Salad grens, green beans, all those veggies that have no/super low carbs.

FIBER
For keto/low carb, fiber content "doesn't count" against your carb limits. Thtais how you can get keto bread with "3 grams net carbs". Take advantage of this and do the keto colon blow.

WATER
All that stuf needs water to process and dehydration will slow down your colon with about any diet.

This.

Originally Posted by Mike_S
The prep has a side effect, killing microbes in your gut along with the cleanse.

Add to these ^^^^^^^
Exercise helps move things along and after the cleanse use a good probiotic mix of about 15 different bacteria which works on both small and large intestine to reestablish good gut flora. These capsules range from about $10 to $60 for about a months worth (one a day). I use about a $30-35 one. Don't know that more is any better unless you have very difficult problems.

As others have stated include lots of greens in your diet, they count little toward carbs and cals and really improve the health of your lower colon.

Another side effect of having good gut flora is that it can improve your immune system.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by auk1124

Last year talking with Doc after finishing up he said "see ya next year", I'm like really-NEXT YEAR?????
I think 10 is the norm if no issues.

Yes 10 years is the norm. I had one at 50, Doc says see you in ten years.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
^^^^^^^^^^^ Same here ^^^^^^^^^^^

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had my scope today. No solids for one day. Did 4 pills, then 1 quart gatoraide with OTC liquid flusher. Then 1 quart in the early AM. Much easier than last time. Used baby wipes.
My wife is a nurse and does the pre-screening calls., so she said standard times are:
No issues every 10 years.
Family history 5 years.
Polyps 3 years or less.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I had my azz exploration procedure this morning also.
Two small polyps which is better than the five they removed last time. Plus they were very small, unlike last time. This was colonoscopy number four.
After leaving recovery my wife drove us to Roxy Cafe in Jackson, the best breakfast in town.
I had a great nap this afternoon and I took two probiotic pills to get the gut flora back up.
Like Paul said, get your colonoscopy boys, ass cancer is easily avoided and the procedure is nothing compared to losing part or all of your colon or even your life.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I recommend it for everyone, men, women children. It’s a blast. Almost as fun as a prostate biopsy

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
After I had a bad case of Norovirus, the colonoscopy prep is nothing in comparison. Do yourself a favor, get some Desitin ointment for babies butts, and put on a good smear before the water works start. re-apply it after every session in the toilet. It keeps things from feeling like somebody wiped you with 220 grit sandpaper.

Last edited by reivertom; 03/29/22.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Big baby wipes work pretty well to reduce the dreaded baboon azz.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Big baby wipes work pretty well to reduce the dreaded baboon azz.

After a while, even they are too harsh.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Spent last Friday in the ER because of a sore O ring. Felt like someone shoved a smoldering bowling pin up my exit chute. Was at the walk in clinic for the same thing 10 days before that. So I have my very first one scheduled on 4/20. I drink the first half gallon at 7 pm and the next at 2 am….sounds like a fun night. Y wife said I’m banished to the basement to drink alone….

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just got scoped today tiny palp .... clean other wise ! I did the prep Monday, drank a bunch of beer to wash it down ,,litte bubbles don't do nothing 4 me lol

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (907brass, 673, 1936M71, 450yukon, 18 invisible), 15,246 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,107
Posts18,541,902
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
Yesterday at 07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.