Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by DryPowder
When I was homeless in LA, I lived at the end on the Bob Hope International Airport. Even in Burbank there would be needles in the parking lots. Santa Clarita is a pretty good for a few days if you want to get out of town.

A little known honey hole is at LAX. There is a Postal facility there you can hit at shift change and get a parking spot on the street in front of it. Probably the safest place in LA.

Everyone should go to Walmart in Compton at least once in their life. The hookers are on the street with pimps sitting in the cars watching a quarter of a mile from the store.

I saw a negro woman that I'm guessing had been shot in the eye. It was damn near as big as a baseball and different colors swirled together like a rubber ball.

LA has a map with all there streets marked red, yellow or green. Green streets you can be parked on 24 hours a day and live there. Around skid row isn't a place I would drive through at night, the pictures are nothing like the real thing.

Are you serious? You used to be homeless? You were living in your car?

Here's the breakdown to my being homeless in LA.

I was supposed to go to Australia and run a harvester for grapes and olives but the guy I was going to be working for is a great guy but waited until absolutely the last minute to do my visa. I was in the middle of running the dock during the seasonal mail and going to have to quit and drive a couple of hundred miles back home to do a background check. I had been trying to get this done for the two months before I left for work and he kept putting it off. So it didn't make sense financially to go to Australia.

January rolls around and I didn't have any work lined up. A really good friend of mine is a real estate agent in LA. and does background work for the food and to meet women when he doesn't have anything better to do.

He's like, come out to LA for a little bit and get on a few shows and hang out. So I did. I signed up at Extras Management and seen first hand how movies and TV shows are shot. Lived in my rig mostly, it was a pretty cool little adventure.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
There's probably a million working people in that county that can't afford an apartment like that.

This is true. And there's also a lot of working people in that county that are homeless.
Like I said earlier - it's not just druggies or people that don't want to work that are without homes.

It's true in a lot of cities across the country. Where does the mom with three kids live after she's finally gotten out of an abusive relationship (and no other family/friend support), working cleaning hotel rooms - barely making ends meet when she was with her spouse?

I'm not being an apologist or bleeding heart here by any means - merely pointing out that the layers to homelessness are a lot more complex than what meets the eye.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Those containers are a great idea- - - - -fill them up, hook up a crane, and load 'em onto a ship headed for China! The ones who survive the trip can learn what really hard times feels like!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by OutlawPatriot
There's probably a million working people in that county that can't afford an apartment like that.

This is true. And there's also a lot of working people in that county that are homeless.
Like I said earlier - it's not just druggies or people that don't want to work that are without homes.

It's true in a lot of cities across the country. Where does the mom with three kids live after she's finally gotten out of an abusive relationship (and no other family/friend support), working cleaning hotel rooms - barely making ends meet when she was with her spouse?

I'm not being an apologist or bleeding heart here by any means - merely pointing out that the layers to homelessness are a lot more complex than what meets the eye.

yes compassion is a good thing and so is a hand-up. from what i saw of the homeless in venus beach and ocean beach, they were not women with kids. they were lazy f-ucks who wanted to smoke weed all day and live at the beach and not work. now that i think of it, that doesn't sound so bad. wheres my shipping container??

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My friend Michael was a buyers agent looking for a $800,000.00 house in LA and was having a hard time getting the deal done. The buyers weren't johnny on the spot at times with their reply and houses would have 20 offers over asking in two or three days.

I got offered a hell of a job opportunity while I was there with training that you can't buy. The problem was I was going to have to start at $14.00 per hour while I was being trained. At what I was going to be paid, I couldn't have a place to live and eat without going into my savings.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
IC B2

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
When do we get some free cshit???

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 700LH
How long will it take before they are trashed?

a week for some.... two at most for the others...

and remember these are steel containers....

drug addicts get talented, when destroying stuff in a short period of time.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Lol, the place will be turned into a septic tank in no time.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Leanwolf: I would rather live under a freeway overpass in Montana than live in a mansion in kalifornicationkopia!
Dishing out free "stuff" ad nauseam to bums, druggies, whores, pimps, derelicts, illegal aliens, scumbags, welfare rats, homeless, mentally disabled people and dead-beats of all kinds is what makes kalifornicationkopia the cess-pool it has devolved into being!
And that is sad - it was once a beautiful and traditional valued place to live - no longer though.
The expensive living quarters being provided to the above listed scumbags is only going to make kalifornicationkopia WORSE!
Maybe the tax-paying people there (in kalifornicationkopia!) deserve it???
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Fill the place with homeless and come back in a year. THOSE are the pictures I want to see.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
IC B3

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
This is some brother-in-law deal and all of ya'll know it.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
If the newspapers can be believed Seattle and Portland are rousing out and tearing down the homeless hovels in each city forcing the homeless out.

The article didn’t mention sending them out to where.

I was somewhat surprised to read that both cities were simultaneously doing this.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
And 87 apartments are gonna save the homeless?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
And 87 apartments are gonna save the homeless?

Not enough, brother.. it's never going to be enough.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The whole thing is a scam in CA. Those public/private partnerships with “non-profit” corporations are filled with all kinks if democrat operatives, former politicians and big donors. It works like this: you start a non-profit with a catchy name. Weak sisters of the Big Heart will do. You contact Gavin and co with a big donation and hire a couple of their friends and family. You pay yourself and your co-conspirators huge $$$. Only a small percentage of the government money actually makes it to actually aid anyone. Wash, rinse, repeat! There’s a reason they spend $65k per per drug addict in Cali.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by SKane

I know this'll be like throwing battery acid on the sapients of the campfire but not all homeless people are homeless because they're drug addicts or simply don't want to work.
My company has done a fair bit of pro bono work with volunteer orgs that seek to transition people out of their current dire situations, to get them back on their feet and into the world where they're potentially self-sufficient. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - but what's been happening in recent decades has not been working at all.

There are two ways of thinking about these developments as they pop up all over the country:

1) Use the apartment as an incentive and reward for adhering to goal-based case management. In other words, show initiative and a little progress, and we’ll give you an apartment.

2) Use the apartment as a stable platform from which people can work toward self-help and improvement. People with a stable place of their own show much better success in reaching benchmarks than those living on the streets and in shelters.

I’m of the mind that both of these are true and need to be part of a program. However, being pragmatic, the economic models show that these developments more than pay for themselves in the savings to healthcare and law enforcement. It is a far lower burden on taxpayers to simply give homeless people a small, cheap apartment than to have them wandering the streets.

Food for thought.

That is similar to the approach taken by the Union Gospel Missions

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
are they going tro give the homeless ,free booze, drugs and needles like they did in San Fransisco?

NRA Life Member
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I’d love to see the before and after, 1 month residence, pictures of the interiors.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 1936M71, 160user, 1minute, 58 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,175
Posts18,484,632
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.