Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hillestadj
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Yes the big antlers or bust, QDM, only want to kill a mature buck craze has negatively affected the sport and in a big way. It has caused MUCH land to be posted and off limits to most outside of family or friends. Folks are scared somebody might shoot "their" big buck they've fed and nurtured and passed up and watched on their game cams for years. It has brought the "pay to play" leasing system to every corner of the Country. Before all this shyt there was tons of unposted property here and it was generally understood that if it wasn't posted you could hunt it. There were more damn places to hunt than you knew what to do with. Now it's all posted up and/or leased out and the lease fees are just stupid. There are only half as many hunters now as there were when I started hunting back in the '70's and surveys have shown the biggest reason for hunters dropping out of the sport before their time is "lack of places to hunt". Thank you very much dick head trophy hunters. It would be nice to just go back to when deer hunting was just for fun, recreation and some venison in the freezer and any legal buck was a good one.

every inch of our 892 acres is posted. but it's not posted because we are afraid someone is going to kill "our" deer it's posted becasue of too many people who think like you do and feel they are entitled to trapse around other people's property and do as they please.
There were two dairy farms totaling over 500 acres in my immediate family here back then. Neither of them were ever posted and now you want to berate me because I had the audacity to hunt on other unposted property in the area ? Well fuuck you right in the ass bitch.

Ignore the fact it wasn't YOURS to post.

Try and tone down the Butt Piracy f.aggot
It was my grandfathers land you ass hole. I had his OK to post it if I saw fit. Man you are some low life piece of shyt. No wonder you hide from your family at the holidays and nobody can stand you. LOL.

Ooooof, right in the feels!

Grandpa's land wasn't yours to post then, we agree?
I just told you I had his blessing to post you dumb son of a bitch.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
its been a long dark winter

My diploma is a DD214
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 257Bob

Not to mention it's dangerous as hell having people shoot on your property not knowing where anyone else is located.

So, where you hunt all stay in one place and don’t move around? Or before they do, let others know where they are going?

Or are your hunting areas that small and confining?

Last edited by battue; 02/17/22.

laissez les bons temps rouler
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r

It certainly has.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane

It certainly has.

Not really Scott. Some things never change, and winter has nothing to do with it.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by SKane

It certainly has.

Not really Scott. Some things never change, and winter has nothing to do with it.

laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Yes the big antlers or bust, QDM, only want to kill a mature buck craze has negatively affected the sport and in a big way. It has caused MUCH land to be posted and off limits to most outside of family or friends. Folks are scared somebody might shoot "their" big buck they've fed and nurtured and passed up and watched on their game cams for years. It has brought the "pay to play" leasing system to every corner of the Country. Before all this shyt there was tons of unposted property here and it was generally understood that if it wasn't posted you could hunt it. There were more damn places to hunt than you knew what to do with. Now it's all posted up and/or leased out and the lease fees are just stupid. There are only half as many hunters now as there were when I started hunting back in the '70's and surveys have shown the biggest reason for hunters dropping out of the sport before their time is "lack of places to hunt". Thank you very much dick head trophy hunters. It would be nice to just go back to when deer hunting was just for fun, recreation and some venison in the freezer and any legal buck was a good one.

every inch of our 892 acres is posted. but it's not posted because we are afraid someone is going to kill "our" deer it's posted becasue of too many people who think like you do and feel they are entitled to trapse around other people's property and do as they please.

Not to mention it's dangerous as hell having people shoot on your property not knowing where anyone else is located.

Do people where you hunt routinely take shots where they are not sure of the background? Whether private or public?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman

Do people where you hunt routinely take shots where they are not sure of the background? Whether private or public?

How 'bout it. You have a better chance of dying in a vending machine accident than being shot dead in the deer woods.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by WTM45
Courts allowing frivolous lawsuits with insurance companies having to pay out stupid settlements for idiotic actions contribute greatly to the posting of land.

WAY more than any deer herd or turkey flock.
That ain't an excuse here since there is a law protecting landowners from liability for someone hunting on their property.

Trespassers can AND DO sue landowners for injury constantly. An injured hunter can and will do so as well even with verbal hunting permission. Close friend in upstate paid for a claimant's knee surgery plus a pain and suffering settlement. Claimant had a clearly documented medical history of having a bad knee which was later disclosed in discovery. Guess what? He decided to try to climb an icy slope in Bean boots. Got his long overdue surgery paid in full as the insurer thought it cheaper to just settle.

Written permission is not worth the paper it is written on either. Ask any practicing attorney.
Even when signing waivers that are witnessed by a notary or a lawyer they mean very little to a jury. A large entity landowner recently paid out a court ordered judgement to a trespassing bicycle rider who RAN INTO A LOCKED GATE!

Leasing for hunting requires minimum insurance coverages by an insurer, or cash bonding if self-funding.

Liability is the biggest subject of concern (second to tax increases) that I discuss with my neighbors. Some actively farm, others simply manage their forest resources.
LIABILITY is BY FAR the biggest reason I'm given by landowners for lands being posted in the Northeast. Not QDM.

Don't be fooled in to thinking every case that gets filed gets thrown out. Most end up at least paying out medical bills for physical injuries. And for legal counsel.
Even if it is baloney or frivolous regardless of signage posting or painted boundaries.

ATV/UTV's have made it even worse.

Land damages, trash dumping, outright theft and other illegal activities always costs the landowner. Catch them in the act and still get no relief.

Many of us landowners have tried the open doors policy. Rarely does it work like it did in the past.

It's not hard to tell takers from givers. End the end, one might be punished for their good deeds.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Courts allowing frivolous lawsuits with insurance companies having to pay out stupid settlements for idiotic actions contribute greatly to the posting of land.

WAY more than any deer herd or turkey flock.
That ain't an excuse here since there is a law protecting landowners from liability for someone hunting on their property.

Trespassers can AND DO sue landowners for injury constantly. An injured hunter can and will do so as well even with verbal hunting permission. Close friend in my area upstate paid for a hunter's knee surgery plus a pain and suffering settlement. The hunter had a clearly documented medical history of having a bad knee. Guess what? He decided to try to climb an icy slope in Bean boots. Got his long overdue surgery paid in full.

Written permission in CT is not worth the paper it is written on either. Even when signing waivers that are notarized. Major landowners have even paid out court ordered judgement for a trespassing bicycle rider who RAN INTO A LOCKED GATE!

Leasing for hunting requires minimum insurance coverages by an insurer, or cash bonding if self-funding.

Liability is the biggest subject of concern (second to tax increases) that I discuss with my neighbors. Some actively farm, others simply manage their forest resources.
LIABILITY is BY FAR the biggest reason I'm given by landowners for lands being posted in the Northeast. Not QDM.

Don't be fooled in to thinking every case that gets filed gets thrown out. Most end up at least paying out medical bills for physical injuries. And for legal counsel.
Even if it is baloney or frivolous regardless of signage posting or painted boundaries.

I can state clear examples where settlements and legal fees hit a landowner or his insurance carrier. ATV/UTV's make it even worse.

Land damages, trash dumping, outright theft and other illegal activities always costs the landowner. Catch them in the act and still get no relief.

Many of us landowners have tried the open doors policy. Rarely does it work like it did in the past.

It's not hard to tell takers from givers. End the end, one might be punished for their good deeds.

GOL 9-103 "Commonly referred to as the recreational use statute. Affords landowners immunity from liability based on a failure to keep premises safe for entry and use by others for specific recreational activities including , hunting, fishing, coanoeing, boating, trapping, hiking and cross country skiing."

I don't know when or where your supposed instances happened but this law was amended/strengthened in 2018. I only have 10 acres here but it is not posted and I haven't had any trouble in the 14 years I've lived here. Not much to hunt but I know people go through it sometimes when hunting the neighboring property. Had one guy stop along the road out front a few years back, walk across my side yard decked out in blaze orange and carrying a rifle. It was deer season so no doubt he was going hunting. I didn't say a word. Late that afternoon I happened to be outside when he returned from his hunt. I asked him what he'd seen and chatted for a bit when he asked who I was. When I told him I owned the place he immediately became apologetic. He said he had permission from the previous owner to park here and cross my land to hunt on the neighbors, hadn't been in a few years and didn't realize it had changed hands. I told him no problem just don't park too close to the mail box. He never parked out front here again after that.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I'm very familiar with NYS law. I'm also very familiar with court filings in multiple jurisdictions.

I'm simply stating there exists a liability issue and risks for landowners, corporate and individuals. It is fact. Believe it or not, that is your choice.

I do miss the old days, but they are gone I'm afraid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

There were two dairy farms totaling over 500 acres in my immediate family here back then. Neither of them were ever posted and now you want to berate me because I had the audacity to hunt on other unposted property in the area ? Well fuuck you right in the ass bitch.

It was my grandfathers land you ass hole. I had his OK to post it if I saw fit. Man you are some low life piece of shyt. No wonder you hide from your family at the holidays and nobody can stand you. LOL.

OH, you could have posted *checks notes* GRANDPA'S land. Got it.

Safe to say it wasn't *YOUR* land to post in that instance? Correct?

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

OH, you could have posted *checks notes* GRANDPA'S land. Got it.

Safe to say it wasn't *YOUR* land to post in that instance? Correct?
I was very plain in my wording. So plain even a retard like you should be able to understand.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Years ago I took my boss hunting for his first time. He killed a small spike and had it mounted. It hung proudly on his living room wall. Next outing he shot a nice 6 point. However, he was never so proud taking that spike. A couple guys snickered but I think it's great. It's a trophy in his eyes and I was glad to take him....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MGunns
Years ago I took my boss hunting for his first time. He killed a small spike and had it mounted. It hung proudly on his living room wall. Next outing he shot a nice 6 point. However, he was never so proud taking that spike. A couple guys snickered but I think it's great. It's a trophy in his eyes and I was glad to take him....

That's great - good for him! That's really what it should be about. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was very plain in my wording. So plain even a retard like you should be able to understand.

Illuminating as always, thanks for playing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not around here. The majority that I’ve seen talk about “meat bucks”. I’ve a long season and decent amount of tags so I take my time looking for more meat on the hoof. Horns factor in after the second tag (of four) get punched.

Yup.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by skeen
Originally Posted by MGunns

That's great - good for him! That's really what it should be about. smile

Yup. I don't think the state should determine how big that buck should be. If you want to just shoot a big one, have at it. I have no problem at all with that. Any buck should be legal.

M
M
Depends on the crowd you roll with I guess. Out of a few dozen hunters that I know none of them have ever bothered to have a buck scored for B&C.

Like any guy I like to kill a big buck, but I'm just going to put a few in the freezer per year and if I happen to get a nice big buck then that's just icing on the cake.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
In the coastal region of Alabama, nobody ever thinks about B&C or any other kind of record.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (32_20fan, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 300_savage, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 23 invisible), 2,752 guests, and 922 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,643
Posts18,533,658
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.