-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm going to give the USDA heck for this, because their retarded disease policies are the real problem. Fully 100% of their effort is to control, limit, eradicate disease, with no consideration at all for maintaining some genetic diversity and breeding for disease resistance. I ran into this headlong with fish. We ran into a disease with a 50% mortality, but a .36 heritability coefficient (meaning that the next generation following a survivor generation will be 36% more resistant). We also have a generational time of 7 months. In 3 years of breeding, mortality would be unnoticable, and we wouldn't have to worry about the risk of infection.

Instead, the USDA locks down a bunch of farms, kills a bunch of animals, writes a bunch or reports, and gets ALL the way back to square one.........until the next time. Fuggin idiot government welfare queens....... I have more respect for welfare hood rats.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by zerotohero
The Ukraine invasion is also causing major food shortages. Think we're in for a really bumpy ride this year.

Never realized Walmart sold so much food shipped in from Ukraine.....

Kind of like oil. The impact on global commodities. Ukraine normally produces a lot of wheat and other stuff. With the war, they might be more or less out of play.

Another 'upside' of globalism.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
We need to import those three legged chickens from Chernobyl.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Beef and pork high as heck.

Now a bird flu shows up at the same time...

There is something awful fishy about all of this.

Waiting for Mean Green to tell me the ocean is too polluted due to global warming and you can't eat the fish.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by navlav8r

From what I have heard nobody has been able to catch one of those three legged chickens.

IC B2

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Yeah, they’re 50% faster than your average chicken 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Freezer is full of buffalo. Costco still has the $% Rotisserie chicken .They told me they do 300+ per day at one store. Need to worry more about price of diesel fuel and fertilizer for farmers.

Last edited by saddlesore; 03/17/22.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ironbender
We have 20 Freedom ranger chicks coming in May.

Well scheidt,

there goes my plan to avoid the raising and butchering of birds.

The freedom rangers were good last year, thanks for the hint on type of chicken to get. I just discovered it makes no sense, after a trial run of 4 birds, to go through the hassle unless I go 20 birds like you and make the process of plucking/butchering/wrapping etc more time efficient.

And, like 9mm and some .223 or 7.62x39 and reloading vs buying factory, it's been cheaper to just get chicken at the store.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have 2 freezers that I keep full. I have been hungry in my life. Didnt like it.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 45_100
Originally Posted by navlav8r

From what I have heard nobody has been able to catch one of those three legged chickens.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by zerotohero
The Ukraine invasion is also causing major food shortages. Think we're in for a really bumpy ride this year.

Never realized Walmart sold so much food shipped in from Ukraine.....

Kind of like oil. The impact on global commodities. Ukraine normally produces a lot of wheat and other stuff. With the war, they might be more or less out of play.

Another 'upside' of globalism.

The importation of Russian Wheat broke a bunch of small farmers in the 1970’s. Kind of like the import of Oil from the Middle East.
If we’d stuck with American produced products back then, we’d be in a lot better shape than we are now.

Perfect example today is all the schitt we import from China.
If we ever go to war with China, all they have to win is cut off their exports of Pharmaceuticals and Medications.
Half of America would be dead or dying in a year. 😡

Last edited by chlinstructor; 03/17/22.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

The importation of Russian Wheat broke a bunch of small farmers in the 1970’s. Kind of like the import of Oil from the Middle East.
If we’d stuck with American produced products back then, we’d be in a lot better shape than we are now.

If we ever go to war with China, all they have to win is cut off their exports of Pharmaceuticals and Medications.

I have a feeling 1/2 those left would figure out quickly that they don't really "need" 1/2 of what they take as well. Too many people in this country complain about health care costs because they take 400 dollars a month worth of meds to stop an "pain" they get 3 days a year.

Me

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

The Globalists put our country (and other countries) on track for "interdependence." That was intentional. If your nation is independent, then it cannot be extorted by the global community, i.e., the international banking cartel, and they wanted all nations to be subject to said extortion. The last thing they wanted was independent nations, and particularly not an independent United States.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Is this all a lead in to the Tribulation?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

The Globalists put our country (and other countries) on track for "interdependence." That was intentional. If your nation is independent, then it cannot be extorted by the global community, i.e., the international banking cartel, and they wanted all nations to be subject to said extortion. The last thing they wanted was independent nations, and particularly not an independent United States.
Who do you think you'd get to fill all the factory jobs if we tried to make everything here today ? Factory work is no fun and mostly doesn't pay shyt. You also are typically kept too busy actually working all day to spend time on your phone, surfing the net and gabbing with your internet buddies. In short, factory work sucks ass, requires you to actually work all day and like living in relative poverty. A ten minute break in the morning, a ten minute break in the afternoon, a half hour lunch at midday and the rest of the time you're busting your ass at some mundane repetitive shyt you don't give a damn about and the paycheck leaves you wanting for a decent living. I have serious doubts you'll find enough citizens wanting to do it to make everything here.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We have had an outbreak here for the last couple of weeks. The state has been killing birds at the colonies left and right. The migrating waterfowl bring the disease in. Not the first time and it won't be the last.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Borchardt
There's a shortage of effin' freezers around here.

Have had a replacement AC on order for 9 months.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by g5m
Originally Posted by Borchardt
There's a shortage of effin' freezers around here.

Have had a replacement AC on order for 9 months.
Just bought and had installed a complete new 4 ton central unit. Ordered Thursday a week ago. They brought it Tuesday and installed it. Price was a bit much $8028.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 1lesfox, 68 invisible), 14,501 guests, and 1,025 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,305
Posts18,545,419
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.