Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bbassi Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Has anyone else noticed new production Remington brass looking like range pick up? 2 of 3 different new production factory loads are speckled with brown spots. I also noticed someone posted some 6.5 ammo here that looked the same way. That and the primers are 3 different colors on some of it.
I know the speckling is only cosmetic but for new product it sure doesn't make the company look good and makes me wonder about their QC. The primers are another issue all together.
This is new 30-06 factory loads showing the variety of primer colors. I have the same thing with 308s I bought recently.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
HR IC

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
to me remington brass has never shiny always seemed to be the way you described it to me
the primers i guess you use what you can get
as long as it shoots and is accurate is all you can ask for these days

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
That's how it's always been. I noticed the primer thing years ago.

B
bbassi Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
That's how it's always been. I noticed the primer thing years ago.

That's interesting. I've loaded alot of 9 1/2 and 7 1/2 over the years and never noticed this variation.

For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
No I mean, the primers looked very different colors and I noticed it years ago and wondered what the deal was.

As for the actual primers they sell to reloaders, I never noticed those being different. Which is kinda weird.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Federal Cartridge now owns Remington ammo company i think Federal Cartridge well improve the Remington line of ammo.

Last edited by pete53; 03/17/22.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What I have noticed is the pricing difference I often see between the "new" Remington ammo offerings and the standby offerings that have filled the gap for the last while. My dad was rather angry the other day to find that the CoreLokt offerings were priced a lot higher than Blue Box Federal and Hornady American Whitetail at the LGS. If folks haven't been able to get their green boxes lately and have been shooting the other budget-ish options, I wonder how many will go back to green if it stays 20-30% more expensive.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JPro
What I have noticed is the pricing difference I often see between the "new" Remington ammo offerings and the standby offerings that have filled the gap for the last while. My dad was rather angry the other day to find that the CoreLokt offerings were priced a lot higher than Blue Box Federal and Hornady American Whitetail at the LGS. If folks haven't been able to get their green boxes lately and have been shooting the other budget-ish options, I wonder how many will go back to green if it stays 20-30% more expensive.

Damn, Federal and Hornady didn’t have to spend 12-18 mos. and how many millions of dollars totally rebuilding a run down outdated ammo plant. Now you be bitching about them being priced higher. I know they should just suck it up and take the loss so y’all can pay the same price as before. Your options are open, either suck it up and pay more or quit buying it.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's what I'm getting at. Will folks keep running the $29 Blue Box stuff they've had to switch to, or will they embrace their old CoreLokts coming back at $44? It's a fair question. If Pontiac came back on the market tomorrow, with the usual GM quality but a 20% price increase over their other lines, would people go back to them? Folks are free to buy what they want, and I hope Remington succeeds, but it's an uphill battle in my eyes.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It’s not just Remington that the primers look different. I bought some ammo late last year from Winchester that had different shades Of
Primer colors on them. They all went bang, so it was fine.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's what I'm getting at. Will folks keep running the $29 Blue Box stuff they've had to switch to, or will they embrace their old CoreLokts coming back at $44? It's a fair question. If Pontiac came back on the market tomorrow, with the usual GM quality but a 20% price increase over their other lines, would people go back to them? Folks are free to buy what they want, and I hope Remington succeeds, but it's an uphill battle in my eyes.

Expect another increase next month on ammo. Different metal commodity prices are up 40% just since December. Add the price of fuel to that, I don’t see a return to pre-COVID prices ever.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. Trying to order up bullets and ammo when I can.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Hudge

Expect another increase next month on ammo. Different metal commodity prices are up 40% just since December. Add the price of fuel to that, I don’t see a return to pre-COVID prices ever.

The Trump Era: 2017-2021. I am in my early 60's and honest to God these were the best 4 years I can remember. The sad thing.... The Republic Is Lost.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
At least you are getting some😀

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Oddly enough, I just picked up some .264 Win Mag that looked a lot like that...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Jason280
Oddly enough, I just picked up some .264 Win Mag that looked a lot like that...

I'd call them blemished, wow!

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
In a couple of spots that's starting to look like some crap Winchester brass I got a few years ago that had black flecks of some contaminant in the brass material. I don't mean stains either. The brass looked like a cast bullet made from dirty metal that had not been fluxed.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by mathman
In a couple of spots that's starting to look like some crap Winchester brass I got a few years ago that had black flecks of some contaminant in the brass material. I don't mean stains either. The brass looked like a cast bullet made from dirty metal that had not been fluxed.

Looks pretty filthy to me. I have some military brass from 1942 that looks better..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
bbassi Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Jason280 that's the pictures I was talking about. I bought a case of 30-06 and a case of 308 and both looked the same. I also bought about 4 boxes of a different lot of 30-06 at the LGS that looked fine, no blemishes and primers were consistent so WTF knows what's going on with the new Remington. I hope they get it worked out though.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Damn, Federal and Hornady didn’t have to spend 12-18 mos. and how many millions of dollars totally rebuilding a run down outdated ammo plant. Now you be bitching about them being priced higher. I know they should just suck it up and take the loss so y’all can pay the same price as before. Your options are open, either suck it up and pay more or quit buying it.

Thanks for that update, I thought Remington ammo was processed thru an existing Federal plant.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

408 members (1936M71, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10ring1, 1badf350, 47 invisible), 11,311 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,343
Posts18,546,477
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.