Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I'm not a fan of lawlessness, but that chase is poor judgement on the trooper's part. No reason to endanger lives with a 4000 pound bullet for a speeding ticket. Driving through that first town at 100+ is reckless. Call ahead. Let your radio do the heavy work.

That cop was determined to show his dick was biggest. Dumb fugg put many citizens at risk of death. Hope he drives a desk now. Maybe not even that, fire him.

Let the radio do the work.

GOA
GB1

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Two things…. That guy can not ride a bike very well or the trooper would have never caught him barring help from the air. Second that trooper was a dumb ass running through town like that. Catastrophe waiting to happen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by White_Bear
That bike in stock trim has 40mph on the cruiser. Much more with the limiter deleted.
Stupid on both sides but the speeds were increased because the cop decided to have a little fun too.
I've been up to 186mph on a bike. That's what the limiter held it to. Stuff happens fast at that speed.

What does the bike do when it hits the limiter?

Ignition is limited, retards timing, misfires.

GOA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Cannot argue with anything said so far, so I won't. Poor judgement on both parts, frankly.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I think it reminds me of when I turned 21 and bought a Ford Fairlane. I had a 427 installed and could pass power poles that fast.

As far as the cop, I think he is a typical guy who is authorized to have fun in his car and doesn't care if he hurts citizens in the process.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Totally irresponsible pursuit for LEO. Both should be thrown in jail for being dipshits. If the motorcycle rider was suspected of a serious violent crime this would still be an irresponsible pursuit but for a justifiable reason.

Bingo 2 idiots on the road, biker and the troll

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There's a guy that lives across the road from me rides a crotch rocket see him everyday racing off the island and back every nice day he rides.....just waiting for the day he does't return and hopefully in a body bag....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Risk vs gain. I don't make that pursuit.

If the rider weren't white we would have already made race comments on this right? Still trying to learn how that works here.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That bike in stock trim has 40mph on the cruiser. Much more with the limiter deleted.
Stupid on both sides but the speeds were increased because the cop decided to have a little fun too.
I've been up to 186mph on a bike. That's what the limiter held it to. Stuff happens fast at that speed.

Had a bird strike to the head at about 50mph on a Honda 90. I was 14. Saw stars but luckily didn't pass out. Learned right then that a lot of things on a motorcycle are completely out of your control....

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dang, around here that officer would be immediately transferred to the driver training division. Head Honcho at that too.

Got his man and no one hurt. Except a few second guessers on here.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc
Learned right then that a lot of things on a motorcycle are completely out of your control....

Amen- I broke my foot after front tire went sideways on some broken concrete- and I was hardly moving at the time. Was later I discovered a nice divot in my helmet. wouldn't have killed me but imagine I would have been bloodied.

I got no wish to be doing no 122mph on one. Heck I am fine never getting back on one at all at this point. Guy is dang lucky he stopped the bike instead of something else.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Look at the back up officer. Second cop on the scene. An Amazon!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hair down to the middle of her back, arms covered with tattoos. I wish the biker would have put a fight, she looks like she could kick some ass.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Risk vs gain. I don't make that pursuit.

If the rider weren't white we would have already made race comments on this right? Still trying to learn how that works here.

How TF are we going to know if he's white if we don't pursue and catch. Damn

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Originally Posted by ol_mike

What does the bike do when it hits the limiter?

Ignition is limited, retards timing, misfires.

Must be something new, or the bike was geared down or a power adder, turbo/supcharger/nitrous, never seen a bike that would hit the rev-limiter in high gear.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Guy on the bike was an idiot. Not for running necessarily, but for staying straight on the same damned road for so long! GEEZ! You don't outrun the law, let alone the radio, by staying on the SAME ROAD! As soon as he broke sight and contact he should have hit a side road, swapped directions at a normal speed, and went about his merry way.
I hope the statute of limitations has ran out, but Ive lost a trooper in a ext cab 4x4 pulling a 4 wheeler behind me! If they don't have a tag number, break sight, change directions, and go on about your business!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Bike rider is an idiot. For getting caught and for riding through built up area like that. Fun to stretch the legs and ride fast, but do it responsibly.

Here the cops would have called off the chase. Cop was irresponsible.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
With that much of a headstart I feel pretty confident I could have lost him in any one of the last 3 cars Ive owned. 2000 Camaro SS, 2006 GTO and a 2014 Camaro SS. CHANGE DIRECTIONS, HOOK BACK, ACT INNOCENT!
Light me up on the interstate, Im pulling over, you got me officer. Light me up on a road like that and I may or may not, make it easy on you.
I swear one of these days when they pull me over and ask what they always ask:" do you know why I pulled you over?" Im gonna say "because I let you". Yeah, Im getting a ticket, but Im probably getting one anyway, so why not have some fun with it?

Last edited by Huntaholic; 03/23/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mrfudd
Cops endangered a lot of people chasing that idiot. Wonder why he stopped?

Yeah, I agree. If he was going that fast, just let him go. The person in the most danger is the bike rider.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I'm not a fan of lawlessness, but that chase is poor judgement on the trooper's part. No reason to endanger lives with a 4000 pound bullet for a speeding ticket. Driving through that first town at 100+ is reckless. Call ahead. Let your radio do the heavy work.

I agree the officer shouldn't have chased at such high speed. Should've relied on radio to call cops up ahead. He probably thought it would make him look superior to others.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by DMc
Ditto on the foolish chase. In the beginning it shows the perp on the ground handcuffed. Cop inches away from his face screaming. Any wonder ppl hate cops? Guy doesn't have the resolve to be professional. Bullies should be terminated, (with prejudice).

Most cops have unresolved issues. And you're right, alot of people can't stand cops.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 55 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,579
Posts18,473,329
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.