Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by MILES58
I have spent a couple days trying to make sense of the logistic problems Russia has in Ukraine. I first world army should never be seeing any of that nonsense, and I was looking for reasons why.

What it looks like to me is that the money that has gone into so many people's pockets in Russia has come from a lot of places in the military, and in a lot of different ways. What is left now is a paper tiger that can only just barely get out of it's own way. All of those missiles/rockets/bombs that are littering Ukraine are not an accident. All of the rubber tire vehicles that get stuck, break down and run out of fuel are not an accident. The absence of CAS to cover ground forces is not an accident. The absence of hundreds/thousands of precision guided cruise missiles is not an accident. The absence of proficient first line ground troops is not an accident. This was done systematically by skimming at many levels and the forces are now quite literally hollowed out by the politicians and oligarchs. I would bet a lot of money at this point that even if Putin decides to fall back and concentrate on Donbas/Luhansk/Crimea, that moving all that equipment back to Russia's border will cost Russia even more than it cost them to get it into place spread across Ukraine, and it will be more costly in Russian lives lost in the process.

That equipment has all been stressed beyond it's maintenance requirements getting into position to be used. They have taken a [bleep] load of piss and vinegar out of the troops. They have lost a sizeable percentage of the equipment to combat, breakdown, fuel exhaustion and abandonment. The retreat to Donbas/Luhansk/Crimea will be much harder to accomplish of and by itself. The huge arms flow into Ukraine will just amplify the losses in the pull back.

I think there is an excellent chance that just getting the hell out of Ukraine without making the situation much worse might well tilt things far enough that the calculus of fighting a better armed more determined Ukraine for the foreseeable future makes Russia abandon any hope of defending Eastern Ukraine, much less annexing and keeping it.

Ukraine on the other hand will be able to make an unchallengeable argument to NATO that they have a military well and truly capable of adding hugely to NATOs capability, and deserving of entry into NATO.

Putin will very shortly be history.

Yep. Good analysis. And a shocking number of Campfire members are crying in their cheap beer over it. They’ll get their own thread here soon.

Russia will not “win” this. Period. It’s all about how they lose at this point.
That "cheap beer" comment speaks to your liberal elitism JeffO.
Drive a tesla?

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Spit and vomit and jizm all over while they say Russia bad Ukraine good

Lotta people saying Ukraine corrupt, Russia worse.

But, it's 24HC, home of the logical fallacy of the false dichotomy.....

Some say that.

Many are bleating what you quoted me saying. The same sheep (not men) that line up for shots, boosters, and masks and openly argued for mandates of the same.

I’m saying, from my perspective Ukraine is worse. We as Americans are better served by having a strong Russia than a polyglot of random nation states with/without nukes. Point one, that’d be easier for China (our real enemy ) to gain ground, and secondly it’ll cost me the humble taxpayer ever MOrE FÜCKING money as the evil ones not only launder their money through it but provide “aid” and “infrastructure “

Not a fan of Russia or it’s leader here, but if I had one bullet and the chance to take out Putin or Zalensky, the gay Jewish comedian would be in hell while Putin rode a tiger shirtless through the taiga.

MAGA
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Putin rode a tiger shirtless through the taiga.
Your gaey manlove is showing.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Putin rode a tiger shirtless through the taiga.
Your gaey manlove is showing.

Satire is lost on some.

Btw you never answered me in the other thread. You claim to be emotionally invested in this because you have Ukrainian ancestors. How many generations out?

MAGA
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have spent a couple days trying to make sense of the logistic problems Russia has in Ukraine. I first world army should never be seeing any of that nonsense, and I was looking for reasons why.

What it looks like to me is that the money that has gone into so many people's pockets in Russia has come from a lot of places in the military, and in a lot of different ways. What is left now is a paper tiger that can only just barely get out of it's own way. All of those missiles/rockets/bombs that are littering Ukraine are not an accident. All of the rubber tire vehicles that get stuck, break down and run out of fuel are not an accident. The absence of CAS to cover ground forces is not an accident. The absence of hundreds/thousands of precision guided cruise missiles is not an accident. The absence of proficient first line ground troops is not an accident. This was done systematically by skimming at many levels and the forces are now quite literally hollowed out by the politicians and oligarchs. I would bet a lot of money at this point that even if Putin decides to fall back and concentrate on Donbas/Luhansk/Crimea, that moving all that equipment back to Russia's border will cost Russia even more than it cost them to get it into place spread across Ukraine, and it will be more costly in Russian lives lost in the process.

That equipment has all been stressed beyond it's maintenance requirements getting into position to be used. They have taken a [bleep] load of piss and vinegar out of the troops. They have lost a sizeable percentage of the equipment to combat, breakdown, fuel exhaustion and abandonment. The retreat to Donbas/Luhansk/Crimea will be much harder to accomplish of and by itself. The huge arms flow into Ukraine will just amplify the losses in the pull back.

I think there is an excellent chance that just getting the hell out of Ukraine without making the situation much worse might well tilt things far enough that the calculus of fighting a better armed more determined Ukraine for the foreseeable future makes Russia abandon any hope of defending Eastern Ukraine, much less annexing and keeping it.

Ukraine on the other hand will be able to make an unchallengeable argument to NATO that they have a military well and truly capable of adding hugely to NATOs capability, and deserving of entry into NATO.

Why would you want this?

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C

Yep. Good analysis. And a shocking number of Campfire members are crying in their cheap beer over it. They’ll get their own thread here soon.

Birds of a feather . . .

And how did your man Joe do in his delivery to the world today? You know “Putin cannot remain in power”. Didn’t take long for his handlers to mop up his mess.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

You better hope Putin wins...that is unless you are all in for the NWO. Splain yourself...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You never want to be on the same side of an issue as Miles58 & JellO...... never

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by irfubar
You never want to be on the same side of an issue as Miles58 & JellO...... never

People believe this so strongly that they're willing to ignore the fact that Putin has stated his intention to install a puppet government over Ukraine and he's literally shut down his country's internet so people only see what he lets them see.

When in history have the people trying to stop the flow of information been the "good" guys?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

People believe this so strongly that they're willing to ignore the fact that Putin has stated his intention to install a puppet government over Ukraine and he's literally shut down his country's internet so people only see what he lets them see.

When in history have the people trying to stop the flow of information been the "good" guys?

You can choose to believe the media.... that's an easy pass for me

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Uh, like the flow of info from Ukraine now is unfiltered? Lol

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Goalie I must admit I am surprised you are going along with the narrative? that virtue signaling must be one powerful drug.

How about this? they are both awful countries and we should mind our own business

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
After Russia invaded Crimea. We had Green Berets training Ukraine. Some of the tactics your seeing in use...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JellO and Goalie will be crying the blues when we lose the worlds reserve currency status over a schithole like Ukraine... as Oregon and Minnesota will turn into 3rd world schitholes and they will both be dumpster diving for a meal...
And I will give no fuucks about them

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Esox357
After Russia invaded Crimea. We had Green Berets training Ukraine. Some of the tactics your seeing in use...

The world is tired of our meddling....... we are run by leftist pedophiles, can't blame them.
Do any of you consider we might be on the wrong side of history this time?
This isn't post WW11

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Goalie.... did you see the disgust on those boys faces in the 82nd airborne as Brandon shoved pizza into his face?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yep. You get it.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Esox357

We’ve got Special Forces in Ukraine this minute, bank on it. I send them good thoughts all the time. 👍 Anyone rootin’ for Putin is literally against our own guys. There’s a word for that.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yep. You get it.

Hey Goalie.... see my post above.... congrats, maybe you can hit JellO for his merch connection, then you can be a complete social justice warrior also.... get after it skippy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Pretty clear to me. Both sides are winning. Plenty of data to support both sides. No reason to think they would lie.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 1941USMC, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,445 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,886
Posts18,518,273
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.