Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Kmox
All over middle GA. They do serve rural areas well, but also seem to be over represented in the cities.

Great for a weekly armed robbery news story too.

Got one down the street from the hunting property, nice to go in and grab batteries for a cam or feeder within a few minutes.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I cant say I ever been in one but there are quite a few around Southwest Florida.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I had to take an emergent dump once while at Dollar General. It was terrifying. My sack was kissing the terlot water, someone kept jiggling the door handle rushing me. Had to wipe my hind end with some of those recycled brown paper towels.
Should have just crapped behind their dumpster.

Still a great store.

Around here you gotta ask for the key..,.

Guess too many folks leaving loggerheads in the bowl and bouncing

Oh yea same here.

Had a chunk of 2x4 about 1ft long attached to it. All wrapped up in hot pink duct tape.

Nothing like everyone in the store watching you do the "Walk of Shame" on the way to the can. You may as well of had a newspaper rolled up under your arm too.

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
DG could seal the deal with boomers if they had a Pharmacy.

And gas pumps.

And ammo 😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I only go to watch the celebrities walking in and out.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by joken2

Dollar General is becoming a serious competitor to Walmart in basic daily grocery, household, personal hygiene needs, over the counter meds and even beer now, too, in both store brand and name brand products.

For example, the Dollar General Market store in a nearby town sells store brand DG milk for $2.15 a gallon, beating the local Super Walmart's store brand milk price by enough to cause many people shop there instead of Walmart. DG runs sales on at least one name brand soda -- Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, etc. -- three 12 packs for between anywhere from $9 to $12. Plus -- spend $25 or more (pre state sales tax) total on Saturday at DG -- $5.00 off total at check out.

I mean who in their right mind want's to deal with Walmart crowds, searching all over the store trying to find where they moved what you are looking for, unmanned checkout lanes, hunting a parking spot, when all they want is a few ordinary everyday needs or wants when they can whip into a nearby DG and be in and out with minimal hassle and back on the road in just a few minutes?

The Dollar Market in Scottsville, KY sells a gallon of milk for $1.75! They are like $4.00 here in Tennessee. Does Kentucky offer a subsidy on milk or something? No way someone isn't losing money on that deal.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have 3 of their stores within a 6 mile radius and if you expand that to 10 mile radius, I can add at least 3 more that I can think of

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I bet I stop at the local Squalor General at least five time a week. Beats the hell out of going to Walmart.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pullit
I have 3 of their stores within a 6 mile radius and if you expand that to 10 mile radius, I can add at least 3 more that I can think of

Out West, in the REAL Out West that is, we ain't got such a thing as that many.

Just one in town here.

Only one in about a 60 mile radius that I can think of, maybe even a bigger span than that.

Either your counties are too small back there or y'all gots too many damn folks back there.

Sheesh.

PS, not sure about the john in the Dollar Store, there's a nice one in the Grocery Outlet. I usually try to make it there. Don't like their Dyson hand dryer though, means there's no paper towel to use to open the door after some low life touched it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by gregintenn

Dollar General is becoming a serious competitor to Walmart in basic daily grocery, household, personal hygiene needs, over the counter meds and even beer now, too, in both store brand and name brand products.

For example, the Dollar General Market store in a nearby town sells store brand DG milk for $2.15 a gallon, beating the local Super Walmart's store brand milk price by enough to cause many people shop there instead of Walmart. DG runs sales on at least one name brand soda -- Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, etc. -- three 12 packs for between anywhere from $9 to $12. Plus -- spend $25 or more (pre state sales tax) total on Saturday at DG -- $5.00 off total at check out.

I mean who in their right mind want's to deal with Walmart crowds, searching all over the store trying to find where they moved what you are looking for, unmanned checkout lanes, hunting a parking spot, when all they want is a few ordinary everyday needs or wants when they can whip into a nearby DG and be in and out with minimal hassle and back on the road in just a few minutes?

The Dollar Market in Scottsville, KY sells a gallon of milk for $1.75! They are like $4.00 here in Tennessee. Does Kentucky offer a subsidy on milk or something? No way someone isn't losing money on that deal.

No milk subsidy that I know of. Not all DG stores here in my area are pricing their milk that cheap -- just the ones competing with nearby Walmart and/or other big box grocery stores. Thinking it's what I believe is called a "loss leader" thing based on the assumption that very, very seldom do shoppers buy just the one thing they are after and then leave. Local Walmart was forced to start cutting their store brand milk price a few years ago after a Kroger owned discount grocery chain opened a new store and initially priced theirs at .99 cents a gallon.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think Wally World packages up schite that won't sell and sends it to DG! 🤯

DG sells laundry detergent in smaller containers than WM, but the cost per ounce is like a third more at DG.
Place is a freaking rip off!

Don't do Dollar General, Family Dollar or Wally World except in extreme emergencies or dire need!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by martinstrummer

DG sells laundry detergent in smaller containers than WM, but the cost per ounce is like a third more at DG.

Don't do Dollar General, Family Dollar or Wally World except in extreme emergencies or dire need!

This is me. But I have a lot of options where I live as well as economically. I don't mean I am rich but I am single and dont consume much like a family might. I don't recall being in a Walmart locally here in 20 years. I did go to one in the small town where I have a hunting lease once last year. I have since found another option there for what I need so I doubt I will have to go in there again.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I don’t go to Dollar General to buy laundry detergent. That type of product IS gotten at Walmart and is usually gotten 5 jugs at a time. Probably keep a min of 4 or 5 on hand at all times.

Thing is Walmart is 23 miles away to the north and 15 traffic lights of horseshît and town fools to contend with it. Always hit Walmart like Normandy early in the morning and once a month so I dont have to deal with unwashed masses and subdivisionites.

There is a D-G apprx 5 miles south of me. It is set in a very rural setting with no other stores. Just an oasis of necessity. Just the drive there is peaceful. Cattle and tobacco country, rolling green hills, deer in fields, etc

Average purchase for me at a D-G is less than $10. Usually something like a gallon of milk, or some random, single, odd component needed for a recipe being thrown together.

So much better than having to drive to walmart and mingle with the ethnic cesspool.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Now one thing that does hose me off.

People that buy a whole damn cart full of stuff at D-G. JFC go to walmart. They always end up in front of me. With me standing there with a thing of yellow marshmallow Easter Peeps and a pint of chocolate milk.

Get the hell out of my D-G with your 40 cans of Kozy Kitten catfood and EBT monthly carb blowout.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Now one thing that does hose me off.

People that buy a whole damn cart full of stuff at D-G. JFC go to walmart. They always end up in front of me. With me standing there with a thing of yellow marshmallow Easter Peeps and a pint of chocolate milk.

Get the hell out of my D-G with your 40 cans of Kozy Kitten catfood and EBT monthly carb blowout.

The local DG market has 4 self checkouts….

The EeeBeeeTeeee cards must not work in those lanes. 😂

Im like you. I dunno if I’ve every spent more than $25 at a time in DG.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
One D-G we have closer to town has a self checkout side. It’s in an old Fred’s building.

Anyway, I had to use that self checkout a few months back because my ice cream sandwiches were in danger of melting behind some old gal that was unloading a whole cart of some off-brand clearance shampoo. Probably some haint that runs a home beauty parlor in her living room.

Sheesh

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Heck yeah.

I be using the DG knockoff Old Spice body wash.

😂😂😂

Dave

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

Originally Posted by gregintenn

No milk subsidy that I know of. Not all DG stores here in my area are pricing their milk that cheap -- just the ones competing with nearby Walmart and/or other big box grocery stores. Thinking it's what I believe is called a "loss leader" thing based on the assumption that very, very seldom do shoppers buy just the one thing they are after and then leave. Local Walmart was forced to start cutting their store brand milk price a few years ago after a Kroger owned discount grocery chain opened a new store and initially priced theirs at .99 cents a gallon.

Makes sense, but Scottsville has neither a WalMart nor a big box grocery store.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of them saved my bacon a couple of years ago. I shot a doe with my xbow just at dark, and there’s one on my way home where I bought bags of ice to pack her in. I was covered in blood and gore and sweating like a pig, but probably no worse off than some of their regulars.

I buy my gift-wrap stuff in one every year. Think it’s the cheapest place for that, and keeps me out of WhataMart.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I don’t go to Dollar General to buy laundry detergent. That type of product IS gotten at Walmart and is usually gotten 5 jugs at a time. Probably keep a min of 4 or 5 on hand at all times.

Thing is Walmart is 23 miles away to the north and 15 traffic lights of horseshît and town fools to contend with it. Always hit Walmart like Normandy early in the morning and once a month so I dont have to deal with unwashed masses and subdivisionites.

There is a D-G apprx 5 miles south of me. It is set in a very rural setting with no other stores. Just an oasis of necessity. Just the drive there is peaceful. Cattle and tobacco country, rolling green hills, deer in fields, etc

Average purchase for me at a D-G is less than $10. Usually something like a gallon of milk, or some random, single, odd component needed for a recipe being thrown together.

So much better than having to drive to walmart and mingle with the ethnic cesspool.

Have you tried their C cell batteries?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (270wsmnutt, 2ndwind, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 2UP, 270cowboy, 52 invisible), 1,766 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,152
Posts18,523,380
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.