B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
None, if they are Americans.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Really, the question is moot because a sincere believer would understand that forcing compliance would be antithetical to the whole concept of Christianity. Only a blatant tyrant or a pretend believer would attempt to mandate the belief.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Odd question. Must be a backstory to it.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Christians know that being called by God to believe the Christian doctrine, is the basis of their belief.
Making Christianity the Law Of the Land just wouldn't do it...

Jack
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LBP
What if all non Christian religions were banned. Would you support that?

I wonder who would be appointed the Czar to select the "non" Christian religions to ban?

Don't ever forget, a "ban" law would ultimately be enforceable at the point of Big Brother's gun. Always works that way.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
God made salvation a choice, so I go with Him. He's the creator of the universe....He knows best.

Respectfully, God made free will regarding whether a person will sin or not. It's NOT about salvation.

Ephesians : Chapter 2 : Verses 8,9,10,11

For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in
Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Last edited by BigFiveJack; 03/31/22.

Jack
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Backstory?
Yes. Often on this forum nonbelievers are declared to be " part of the problem". They are declared to be supportive of liberals.

I and I am sure many other nonbelivers are as sincere in our moral and conservative values as any Christian, even if we are unsure of the existence of God.

Freedom of religion must include the pagans, jews, muslims, hindus, buddhists, as well as freedom FROM religion.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Would have their brand of religion mandated by law?

By law?

Nah. But many believe their chosen flavor is the one, true, bestest ever, flavor. All others are false and heretic.

You know who they are.

I agree with those that understand that the Christian faith is more about a personal relationship, than a package of do's and don'ts. As such it's not possible to make it a mandated law. Not to mention I believe it would be taken over by government the way they take over and pervert so many ideas that people think are going to help. One example of this is the dept of energy. What a failure that has been.

Even God has given us all free choice (free will) to make our own decisions of what we believe and the way we live, that it can't be "mandated by law".

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Its 2022, not 1202. Anyone worrying about tyranny coming to America from the Church is delusional. But best keep an eye on "globohomo".

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Backstory?
Yes. Often on this forum nonbelievers are declared to be " part of the problem". They are declared to be supportive of liberals.

I and I am sure many other nonbelivers are as sincere in our moral and conservative values as any Christian, even if we are unsure of the existence of God.

Freedom of religion must include the pagans, jews, muslims, hindus, buddhists, as well as freedom FROM religion.

This is at the bottom of your every post:
My ideal as a conservative:

That each person may reap as he/she has sown.

IT'S FROM THE BIBLE !

Galatians 6:7 - ...for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

2 Corinthians 9:6 - But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.

Jack
IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
God made salvation a choice, so I go with Him. He's the creator of the universe....He knows best.

It's the Reprobates here on the forum who blaspheme God's Holy Name and prevent others from receiving His Gift who are intolerant ones and attack His messengers like the demons they follow.

No matter how many times we obey the Lord to proclaim the gospel, there will be some that will reject the message/ good news. The evil ones prevent God's message from going forth as a kind and free offer to others.

Jesus' gospel:

"Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken:
Ought not Christ to have suffered these things, and to enter into his glory? And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself."
- Jesus
Luke 24

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life." -Jesus
John 6:47

See the brief videos explaining this gospel below. Praise the Lord!
I I I
VVV
That sure is a longwinded way of saying "Yes".

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How about our Jew Conservatives, do they get a vote?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
One of the gentlemen from whom I am a spiritual descendant, J. Gresham Machen, opposed prayer in schools recognizing that a state-sponsored prayer would suit no one but statists. He also declined the invitation of William Jennings Bryan to take the stand as Bryan’s witness in the Scopes trial.

I think that most religious conservatives as you call us would be pretty libertarian on this question.

The problem from my point of view is that we have no common thread that gives our culture any cohesion any longer. We used to have morals that generally reflected the second tablet of the law of the OT but that has not only disappeared but been turned on it’s head.

Now many in the culture (take note of the first four letters of that word) would have their anti-religion enforced upon everyone, including even children.

This isn’t sustainable.

Well said.

Forcing my religious beliefs on someone else would be pointless. What we do need as efw said is a common culture. Generally agreed on socially excepted morals. A Baptist and a Lutheran can have differences over exact religious philosophy so long as they have a somewhat similar worldview. The same for any other generally mainstream Christian religions that were the cornerstones for Western culture and nuclear families over villages ect. A small group of atheists may hold similar worldviews and excepted societal standards and that’s works too.

What we have today in my opinion is a mostly secular or atheist society that given that philosophy has no reason to uphold traditional cultural norms. If it feels good do it. You only live once. Might is right ect, ect. We’ve become a short sighted selfish society with high divorce rates and out of wedlock children and very little to hold any of us together as a people or nation absent traditional Western values that are rooted in Christianity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Backstory?

I agree 100% with your second paragraph. Nonbelievers that buys into traditional Western values are not the problem. The problem is that traditional Western culture and values are fundamentally rooted in Christianity. For most nonbelievers it will not make sense to embrace those cultural norms and values founded in traditional Christianity if an atheist.

I agree with the third paragraph to the extent that yes tolerance for all 100%. Functionally that’s easy when it’s a small percentage of the population. As we pump people into this country legally and illegally from all over the globe and have actively worked to rip apart Christianity from within with nothing in terms of faith, norms, or national pride diversity only makes things worse. Not talking about the occasional outsider type personality but wholesale diversity as a nation and culture rather than a mostly monolith is a weakness not a strength.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter

I believe the Muslims do this, if not by law, by coercion

GOA
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by RJY66
Its 2022, not 1202. Anyone worrying about tyranny coming to America from the Church is delusional. But best keep an eye on "globohomo".

Winner winner

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

What brand? Apple? That's a brand with a religious following.

Last edited by plumbum; 03/31/22.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
HA ha, no one willingly turns anything of great value over to the government. That is a sure and certain way to destroy it. We should stick to supporting FREEDOM!!

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Backstory?

That's ticklish, IS, but I understand what you're saying. I'd just say that both sides of the argument need to agree to disagree and avoid divisive rancor. It seems we conservatives are prone to it...it just seems to be inherent in conservative philosophy when you contrast us against the libs...they tend to get in lockstep with a position and mindlessly push it, independent thought be damned. We, OTOH, beat dead horses to death routinely. Go figure.

As far as "freedom from religion" goes, that's not a thing. The whole separation of church and state argument is null and void. I am sure you are aware that the concept originated in some correspondence between Thomas Jefferson (I think) and another party, in which Jefferson emphasized his belief that government had no business involving itself in religion---not the other way around. The invention of the concept of "separation of church and state" was simply twisting of those words.

I know quite a few decent fellows who I trust implicitly and think highly of, and who have no religious conviction. It does not relegate a guy to the status of slimeball. And I know of some who claim to be devout Christians who are, IMO, absolute slimeballs.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What is so hard to understand about the word "freedom"?

Nothing, I suspect, unless you are the type that wants to control others.

Can I say narcissist again, or all the Campfire narcissists gonna form a wave?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 01Foreman400, 160user, 51 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,664
Posts18,512,948
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.