-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know it's a sad time but cheers to celebrating her and the wonderful life she led

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Sorry. To hear. What a life!

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
A Grand Lady indeed. God left her here a very long time for good reason, but sooner or later he brings all his Angels home.

God bless.

Osky

Last edited by Osky; 04/03/22.

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry she's failing. Prayers for her and your whole family. What a great lady!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yowza. That is quite a lot to see. I am sorry for your trouble..
Trust in God.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Lost my Mom February 1 of this year she was 87, your Mom looks like a Grand Lady and led a full life! We are losing the Greatest Gen. God Bless

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear this, glad you have had such a good, long time with her.

Your thought remind me of my great-aunts Margaret and Emma.
Margaret was around your mom's age when she passed about 20
years ago. After visiting them as a kid, I often rode home thinking about the things
they had seen. Cars were unknown here, and human flight hadn't happened at their birth.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Lost my mom exactly one year ago today. I was holding her hand. She was 86. She looked at me and said, "I thought I was going to live longer than this...maybe 92". Broke my heart.

Tell your mom all the things you've ever wanted to. Tell her she's a good mom and that you love her. She'll hear that. May God bless the both of you.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like a wonderful person. Glad you had her as long as you did.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The doctor who's been working on her said that other than the stroke, she has the body of a 70 year old. She's always had a very strong constitution and exceptional health for her age. He said that if the stroke hadn't occurred, she could have made another 4 or 5 years. However, she's outlived all of her old friends. Her newer friends are all 20 years younger. She's ready to go and has been saying it for a few years. She has a living will and has often said that when something happens, just stand back and let it happen. It did and we are.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No regrets, Rock. That's a fine, fine run.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
God Bless the fine lady.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wow, what a legacy. Godspeed at this time.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
A life well lived... is no small thing.

A great deal or wisdom, courage and pride in that woman's face.

Lift up the good in all of it...

Many will never do so well.

Blessings upon all.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Godspeed Mama Rock Chuck

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You were truly blessed to have such a good mother for this long... Best wishes for all...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wow! What an incredible lady and how privileged you are to have had her for so long. Your mom is the same age my grandpa would have been and I think of all that he’s missed since passing 30 years ago and what I would give to have had him around. It sounds like a wonderful life well lived and I pray that her passing is peaceful and that the loved ones that are left behind are comforted in the knowledge that she had a full and blessed life. She’ll be reunited with all of the loved ones that have gone before her and rejoice in Eternal Life.

That photo of her just radiates beauty and warmth.

May God bless your mom and may God bless all that she leaves behind, if only temporary.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
That’s a special lady. God bless.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can understand your feelings.

My mother did not last so long, but had similar impact. One of the most intelligent people I ever knew, though at times she lacked the ability to get a lid off a jar, there was never a math problem she could not work. (On a side note, her pairing with my father was a perfect match. He the robust farm boy, oldest son taken out of school at 16 to help his folks, rough and tumble, could do anything with his hands; Fastest brick layer I ever saw and I have been around a lot) Tennessee Teacher of the Year n 1968, she touched the lives of so many. A product of that same one room school house system you spoke of Rock, her mother was her teacher and she graduated high school at 16. 5 children later she decided that feeding kids and chickens was not enough challenge, so off to school and a carrier that spanned till nearly her death at 86, taken too soon by that insidious Alzheimers. She retired from our hometown system and came with my father to Ft. Worth when Jimmy Carter ran me out of West Tennessee in the early 80's with the grain embargo and I started up in Texas. She rose to the head of the non-English speaking division of the Fort Worth ISD. Stayed there till Pop retired at 75 and moved back to Weakley County, TN and started teaching at University of Tennessee at Martin, where she taught till the age of 80.

She was the one person who loved me unconditionally. She would beat my rear end when I screwed up and pick me up when I fell down. I was so very fortunate to have her in my life.

You will miss her council and concern, but you were blessed I think for having been her child! Peace sir.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Reading about this lady I’m reminded of Simon Kenton’s (1755 - 1836) tombstone.

It reads simply Full of honors. Full of years.

Sorry for your loss.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (6mmCreedmoor, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 15 invisible), 1,618 guests, and 993 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,570
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.