Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by ElkSnort
The Howa Alpine I just sold tonight... I LOVED the Bansner stock on it! Might have to pick up one for the .3006 m70 classic or fwt stainless that i BELIEVE I need... well I KNOW I WANT it!

The stainless featherweights with walnut stocks are nice rifles too. I lucked into one last year. It took me a long time to find it too. Keep looking, you'll run across just the right one.

NICE find!

GB1

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Originally Posted by WMR
Nice rifle. I have it's twin. The floorplate models, like yours, seem more desirable than the blind magazine models. You got a bunch of value in the extras as well. IMO, the rifle alone is worth around $900. Maybe even more in this crazy environment. The scope an easy $300 or more. The ammo is well over a dollar a round. The mounts, rings and other accessories just add more value. I think they handle really well. You done good.

How does yours shoot? I want to do do a 150g NP load. Got a ton of 160g NP too. Not sure how those will work. 160g is pretty heavy for a 270.

Like I said, I almost feel bad ... ALMOST! LOL. Not my fault he wasn't a gun loon!

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Thank you for all the info provided. Much appreciated!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thank you for all the info provided. Much appreciated!

Thanks for sharing your find with us. It's a very nice rifle and you did well. I'll bet it shoots great too.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by 99guy
I have one in 280 Rem and I love it.

Does anybody know if they made any of these in 25-06?

They did. I owned one a few years ago.

I've had them in 300 Wby, 7 Rem Mag, 30-06, 270 and 25-06. Never did run across a 280.

"after the bullet leaves the barrel it doesn't care what headstamp was on the case"
"The 221 Fireball is what the Hornet could have been had it stayed in school"
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm thinking if you are like me, you probably paid around $675.00 for everything, if you indeed "stole it"...

Ummm... I paid LESS... NOW my guilt is really kicking in!

Thanks for the info.

Why is guilt kicking in? Do you feel guilty if you won a lottery?

I sure wouldn't....

I'd say you did well... even maybe you lucked out....

should be NO guilt in that...

one should feel guilt only when they get ripped off and paid WAAAY too much...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Seafire... I'm good... really! The whole package was $600 (apparently some people had to know). I guess I'm really just being sarcastic more than anything else. So no real guilt here. But I'm pretty sure the seller was clueless of the value! Funny thing is that he should've known better as his family was in the sporting goods industry. But he could've cared less about guns. Seller's dad gave him the rifle and the dad was a former VP at a MY former employer. So I guess that I kind of got one over on The Man! Win for me!

Last edited by ElkSnort; 04/13/22.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Seafire... I'm good... really! The whole package was $600 (apparently some people had to know). I guess I'm really just being sarcastic more than anything else. So no real guilt here. But I'm pretty sure the seller was clueless of the value! Funny thing is that he should've known better as his family was in the sporting goods industry. But he could've cared less about guns. Seller's dad gave him the rifle and the dad was a former VP at a MY former employer. So I guess that I kind of got one over on The Man! Win for me!

I'm pretty happy for you. I like to see some guys get good deals. Seems like I post some of mine and people get all butt hurt or don't believe it. Just good to see someone else getting a good deal every once in a while too. You did damn well. I'd be happy if I were you.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Thanks BSA! Happy, I am! Let y'all know how she shoots when I get her to the range.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks BSA! Happy, I am! Let y'all know how she shoots when I get her to the range.

I look forward to the range report. I always like those. How's the glass bedding on it? Winchesters respond very well to a proper glass bedding job.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Looks like it was "spot bedded"... and not much at that. I will shoot it first, then proceed to bedding it if it needs it. I've only ever bedded one other rifle... my M70 30.06 Classic DBM. This one should be much easier.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Looks like it was "spot bedded"... and not much at that. I will shoot it first, then proceed to bedding it if it needs it. I've only ever bedded one other rifle... my M70 30.06 Classic DBM. This one should be much easier.

Yeah, that is factory bedding. Probably yellowish/amber in color. Typical "hot glue" bedding, as we call it. Some guys leave it that way and others re-do it. It all depends on how they shoot. You are right though. That Mcmillan will be easy enough to bed if you need to do it.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rembo
Originally Posted by 99guy
I have one in 280 Rem and I love it.

Does anybody know if they made any of these in 25-06?

They did. I owned one a few years ago.

I've had them in 300 Wby, 7 Rem Mag, 30-06, 270 and 25-06. Never did run across a 280.

It’s your lucky day! 🍀
You can have this one in slightly less than pristine condition for the bargain price of $2599! laugh
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/931318437

(In fairness, the scope is worth more than the rifle.)

E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Way to ruin it with that $hitty paint job.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody see a 25-06 turn up let me know

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Here's one in .280 Rem ....

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/932595534

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Oh, that is clean! Nice rifle. Someone here mentioned wanting a 280. Can't remember who it was though. Next question: I wonder how much they want for the model 52 though??

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E

Oh, that is clean! Nice rifle. Someone here mentioned wanting a 280. Can't remember who it was though. Next question: I wonder how much they want for the model 52 though??

It's too bad the Win. .280s are 1:10 twist. Doesn't really give it much advantage over the .270!

You've got a fetish for all Winnies I see... lol

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

It's too bad the Win. .280s are 1:10 twist. Doesn't really give it much advantage over the .270!

Ha ha. I like good deals and great shooting rifles buddy. I don't know about "fetish". Now I wished I still lived close to my buddy that has his FFL. Im about ready to get my own!!

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E

Ha ha. I like good deals and great shooting rifles buddy. I don't know about "fetish". Now I wished I still lived close to my buddy that has his FFL. Im about ready to get my own!!

Just watch that fever turn into a full blown sickness! I'd get into way too much trouble if I had my FFL.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (3333vl, 44mc, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 12 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 872 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,749
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.