Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Howdy folks:

Well, I got to the range today for some shooting with some friends and got to test out my new 22 Win Mag upper receiver from Bear Creek Arsenal. Let me give you a little run down on the set-up before I get into my opinions and results. First, the complete upper arrived approximately 6 weeks EARLIER than they originally quoted me. The upper comes complete, along with a replacement buffer and buffer spring to accommodate the 22 WMR cartridge. I had a spare complete Anderson Mfg. lower receiver, so I simply replaced the buffer and spring, and snapped on the complete upper. Then I mounted a Burris PEPR base and added a Leupold Freedom 1-4 scope. Got to the range today and loaded up the one factory mag that came with the upper, along with the three mags I got from Black Dog. I had three different varieties of ammo, Winchester 40 grain hollow point which I will add were in VERY OLD yellow and red boxes, some newer CCI hollow points, and lastly some CCI 30 grain Vmax as well. I fired around 300 rounds total, and had ZERO failure to feeds, failure to fires, or failure to ejects, NONE. This thing ran like a Singer sewing machine. All three ammo types grouped in about a quarter sized hole at 50 yards. To say the least, I was pleased with the results. I may have won the BCA lottery according to some other folks' experience, but this one is a KEEPER for sure. Most importantly, this rig was an absolute joy to plink with. My other two friends shot it and agreed. Hope to get back to the range next week for some more testing at further distances. If anyone is tossing around the idea of getting one of these uppers, I couldn't be happier to say that based on my experiences, I'd go for it.

Rich

"Dying ain't much of a living, Boy." Josey Wales
GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Congratulations. Not so much on your results as having 300 rounds of WMR to expend !!

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Niiice !!!!
I really don't think BCA is as bad as people say.
I've had great "luck" with their products.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Is the upper as heavy as the BCA website says?
The website says 5 pounds if I remember correctly.

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Niiice !!!!
I really don't think BCA is as bad as people say.
I've had great "luck" with their products.

For heavens sake, don't let BS artist numerical hunter and couple of other guys hear you say that. They'll be all over you like stink on schitt for not condemning BCA as the biggest pile of junk ever.

For what it's worth, I've had nothing but good luck with their products also.

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
braig:

I didn't weigh it, but it is substantial with that full length M-lock hand guard ,

R

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good to hear, I was not aware anyone made a WMR for an AR until now.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was thinking about ordering one of their 22 rimfire uppers as I have a lot of ammo I could burn in one. On the other hand I have a spare lower and I could sell my Marlin bolt gun in 22 magnum. My entire 22 mag ammo collection is around 300 rounds though.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
rick,

I have been squirreling away 22 WMR ammo for a long time. My daughter really enjoys shooting 22 WM, so a few years ago I bought her a Savage 93 bolt gun in 22 WM. I had the good fortune to accumulate a few thousand rounds in anticipation that we both would have plenty of ammo to shoot for the foreseeable future. However, with how well the BCA upper eats up 14 rounds at a time, I may have to invest in a bit more... smile. smile

Rich

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
What kind of groups did you get, 50 yds? OK Sorry I see you posted quarter size holes

Last edited by Coyotejunki; 04/06/22.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 99in22_250
rick,

I have been squirreling away 22 WMR ammo for a long time. My daughter really enjoys shooting 22 WM, so a few years ago I bought her a Savage 93 bolt gun in 22 WM. I had the good fortune to accumulate a few thousand rounds in anticipation that we both would have plenty of ammo to shoot for the foreseeable future. However, with how well the BCA upper eats up 14 rounds at a time, I may have to invest in a bit more... smile. smile

Rich

It is a neat round to shoot, a bit loud out of a pistol. The sharp crack rings my ears quick.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (35, anothergun, 6MMWASP, BB3, ar33c9, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,398 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,529
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.