Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
There are few more dangerous situations than being a patient in a hospital.

My father's favorite quote was, "A hospital is the most dangerous place in the world".

They almost killed him, but he survived. They gave him the wrong drug, not once, but twice. They gave him something that had a drug interaction with something else he was on. They gave him the first shot and he asked what that was. He told the nurse that he couldn't have that because of what else he was on. The nurse ran out of the room and never came back. 8 hours later it happened again a second time with a different nurse. I'm sure that they were following doctor's orders, but you'd think that the first nurse would have made note of it so it wouldn't happen again. He lived his last couple of years with kidney failure because of it.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My mother was never in labor very long when she delivered. My dad knew this. When my older brother was born, dad told the doctor and nurses. They dismissed him as an overanxious father. Dad was born and raised on a farm and he delivered my brother at the hospital. Soon thereafter, all hell broke loose with the hospital staff scrambling about. The doctor sent a bill anyway. My dad told the doctor to go eff-himself.

When I was born, mom went into labor. She called my dad at work. By the time he got to the hospital, everything was done, and mom was having supper.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by rlott
Maybe its because my mother is a nurse. Maybe its because 2 of my Aunts are nurses. Maybe its because 2 of my 3 daughters are nurses. Maybe its because my wife is a nurse. Maybe its because a nurse was the only person in the whole damn hospital who didnt feed me a line of corporate bullchit when my father was dying from lung cancer.

She made an error and someone died. She reported herself. Now shes looking at prision.

Meanwhile the jigaboos are stacking up bodies like cordwood with impunity.

https://www.fox19.com/2022/03/25/verdict-reached-homicide-trial-ex-nurses-medication-error/

That's BS. Good nurses always get punished or run off

My Mom had a stroke last month and ended up in a hospital. Absolutely no visitation allowed due to Covid. She was not fed nor given water some days, she had to go to the bathroom in her bed and sometimes she would have to lay 2 to 3 days in her filth, and vomit. she contracted sepsis, pneumonia in the hospital, and some nurse stole her hearing aids ( $6000) and her purse and all her id's; she slept with her phone. Calls repeatedly to hospital and no one would;d pick up at hospital. Finally got her out after a month . Tried to get her transferred but no hospitals in S Florida had any room. When I picked her up it was disgusting in the hospital. She had really horrible bed sores. The admin refused to see me to talk about her treatment and theft of her items. Healthcare is so [bleep] up now

This was a highly rated hospital too in DaDe County. FL

Her bill was $499,000, she just received it.

Last edited by ribka; 04/09/22.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by rlott
Originally Posted by Ghostsniper
She was negligent and it led to someone's death. Now she's paying the price for it. Someone lost there mother, grandmother, aunt, etc... What am I missing here?

What do you do for a living?

Would agree with putting a bartender in jail that killed someone with a DUI after work?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
She was negligent and it led to someone's death. Now she's paying the price for it. Someone lost there mother, grandmother, aunt, etc... What am I missing here?

A mistake isn’t necessarily negligence.

IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Old Ornery

A mistake isn’t necessarily negligence.

Define mistake.

I thought Joe was a deer, that's a mistake?

I didn't think I was drunk after 14 shots of Tequlia, that's a mistake?

I didn't hear your daughter say no, that's a mistake?

Thanks.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Am sure nurse burnout from the last two years and working under Obamacare bureaucracy had nothing to do with the mistake. ( sarc)

Nursing professions like law enforcement. Heavy work load, pressure, liability, tremendous pressure at times, life and death split second decisions, seeing a lot of death and suffering, an unintentional lapse of judgement can lead to a death.

Kind of like bar tending or waitressing or plumbing

Last edited by ribka; 04/09/22.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by bobinpa
In the last ten years I have spent a lot of time in hospitals visiting people I know or knew.... Some were at "end of life" and EVERY nurse I saw was glued to their cell phone trying to keep up with their social media accounts in between patients. Their job of taking care of people was really cutting into their social time on the phone or social media etc..... And I witnessed it at Mercy hospital, Allegheny General, Presbyterian hospital and Jefferson hospital.

So I guess the question in this particular case is, did she make an honest mistake? OR was she distracted by her social media accounts which would make her negligent because she neglected her duties as a nurse because she was on her F*ucking phone???

My brother is an RN and here in corpus nurses are not allowed to be on their phones during working hours unless it's some type of emergency.

That makes perfect sense to me. Should be that way everywhere!!! When did being on the phone at work anywhere become acceptable?

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nurses, doctors, cops, soldiers all mindless tools of the NWOJEWGLOBOMO satanic cabal.

According to those who are probably not qualified for those jobs.

This place gets funnier every day.

ptl,lol

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Both of my kids ended up in the NICU. What they didn’t know was my wife is an RN in a NICU. My wife now works for that hospital because of how our children were cared for. That hospital culture was better. Some medical professionals are playing with a fixed deck of cards because “healthcare managers”, who aren’t medical professionals, are trying to keep the hospital in the black.

Does this nurse bear some culpability? Absolutely. Her license should be in jeopardy. But jail? Courts have ruled that the punitive component to confinement is legitimate. But just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Nurses, doctors, cops, soldiers all mindless tools of the NWOJEWGLOBOMO satanic cabal.

According to those who are probably not qualified for those jobs.

This place gets funnier every day.

ptl,lol

mike r

Well said.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Both of my kids ended up in the NICU. What they didn’t know was my wife is an RN in a NICU. My wife now works for that hospital because of how our children were cared for. That hospital culture was better. Some medical professionals are playing with a fixed deck of cards because “healthcare managers”, who aren’t medical professionals, are trying to keep the hospital in the black.

Does this nurse bear some culpability? Absolutely. Her license should be in jeopardy. But jail? Courts have ruled that the punitive component to confinement is legitimate. But just because you can doesn’t mean you should.

You'd be good with her losing her license after killing your kid, right?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by ribka
Am sure nurse burnout from the last two years and working under Obamacare bureaucracy had nothing to do with the mistake. ( sarc)

It occurred in 2017.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

It occurred in 2017.

Oops

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Jon_In_Va
Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle

You'd be good with her losing her license after killing your kid, right?

Considering the circumstances, having investigated 18 years of crimes against people, and my knowledge of nursing from my wife/sister/countless hours in an ER waiting on pre-booking medical exams...

Yes. If she owned up to it the way this nurse did. Would I go after the hospital in civil court? Yes. But I don’t believe the facts of this case prove the nurse maliciously murdered someone

Remember, Vince Neil only did 19 days in jail for vehicular homicide.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jon_In_Va
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

It occurred in 2017.

Oops

lol. d'oh

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
had it been my mother and this nurse's mistake caused her death i'd have already killed the nurse. why do we hold nurses and doctors on such a high fugging pedestal in this Country is beyond me. I am working right now to cost an ER doc his license and hopefully a criminal record. they are, as a whole the biggest bunch of slack ass people I ahve ever met. and they know they have absolutely no accountablity

Last edited by gitem_12; 04/10/22.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by bobinpa
In the last ten years I have spent a lot of time in hospitals visiting people I know or knew.... Some were at "end of life" and EVERY nurse I saw was glued to their cell phone trying to keep up with their social media accounts in between patients. Their job of taking care of people was really cutting into their social time on the phone or social media etc..... And I witnessed it at Mercy hospital, Allegheny General, Presbyterian hospital and Jefferson hospital.

So I guess the question in this particular case is, did she make an honest mistake? OR was she distracted by her social media accounts which would make her negligent because she neglected her duties as a nurse because she was on her F*ucking phone???

My brother is an RN and here in corpus nurses are not allowed to be on their phones during working hours unless it's some type of emergency.

I had the misfortune to be at Brigham in Boston (not as a patient) quite a bit in the recent past. I don't believe I saw a single nurse on my brother's floor on a cell. The ones caring for him Damon sure weren't

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I just dont think it's that damn difficult to read the name of the drug on a vial before injecting it into someone. Nurses are terrified now that they may be held accountable for not doing their job and someone dying. Again, what am I missing here?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (AKislander, 300_savage, Anaconda, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, 8 invisible), 1,582 guests, and 889 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,574
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.