Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by dh1
Or is it just a catchy phrase to scare the ignorant? I don’t see it in my top 1000 things the Pres should be addressing.

They were actually called non=guns if I recall. The term ghost gun is meant to strike fear into the hearts of the clueless. Fear is the big motivator.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by deflave
NO they are not a real thing.

Gun laws in the United States allow for an individual to build a firearm for their own personal use and it does not require a serial number.

If you do this for the purposes of selling the firearms you are violating federal law and can be prosecuted. I should add the punishments can be quite severe.

So if you hear some dumb fugk railing on about a "ghost gun" tell them to pursue prosecution of those violating federal law instead of taking another right away from law abiding citizens. Or, beat them to death with a baseball bat and leave a note that says "No ghost gun used." LOL

What Lord Flavior said, plus one point...the issue (((they))) claim they are trying to address is the scenario of someone building and selling the arms to someone else, and I assume that this is one of the things that Imam Flave (PBUH) was including when he mentioned federal laws...if you're going to be a distributor, you have to comply with FFL laws, just like people who sell at gun shows would have to if they were selling in contravention of existing FFL laws.

Anyone who violates one gun law sure as sheit ain't gonna be dissuaded by a new law to violate.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by killerv
yep

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

doesn't look like a ghost gun at all to me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by dh1
Or is it just a catchy phrase to scare the ignorant? I don’t see it in my top 1000 things the Pres should be addressing.

They were actually called non=guns if I recall. The term ghost gun is meant to strike fear into the hearts of the clueless. Fear is the big motivator.

............ Just like Saturday Night Specials, Assault weapons, and now Ghost Guns...... The list goes on and on. Who you gonna call ?... GHOST BUSTERS !!!.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
notice biden says banning ghost guns ,but also ban gun parts to make them. I think it a first step to banning buying ALL gun parts for every gun off of the internet .I do believe he mentiened doing this very thing when he was campaining to be prez

Last edited by rem shooter; 04/11/22.

NRA Life Member
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yeah, just like those GLOCKs that are invisible from metal detectors... fear mongering at it's simplest by those who can.

"Social order at the expense of Liberty is hardly a bargain” de Sade
"He who'll not reason is a Bigot, he who cannot is a Fool, and he who dares not is a Slave."SirWilliamDrummond
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds a lot like something to concentrate on beside the big issues that need attention from our Government.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
NO they are not a real thing.

Gun laws in the United States allow for an individual to build a firearm for their own personal use and it does not require a serial number.

If you do this for the purposes of selling the firearms you are violating federal law and can be prosecuted. I should add the punishments can be quite severe.

So if you hear some dumb fugk railing on about a "ghost gun" tell them to pursue prosecution of those violating federal law instead of taking another right away from law abiding citizens. Or, beat them to death with a baseball bat and leave a note that says "No ghost gun used." LOL

unserialized firearms. I believe or unmarked firearms . Lackng a seriel number makes a firearm more deadly according to Schumer or Beto. Before 1968 there were thousands of 22 's and shotguns commercially manufactured without serial numbers

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I am anxious to see how far this new ruling (not a law) will attempt to further infringe on our rights beyond the so called ghost guns. Upper could have to be serialized along with other parts. It may end up being a bigger problem than we realize,

GOA will analyze the differences between this final rule and the previously published proposed rule, but here is what we know already. The rule will:

Allow ATF to end the online sale of gun parts at will (as Biden promised on the campaign trail).
Mandate the serialization of many gun parts, forcing Americans to undergo a background check for a new legal “firearm” in order to repair or buy replacement parts for their guns.
Require that 100% of Firearm Transaction Records from gun stores dating back to 2002 end up in ATF’s billion record gun registry.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes, they are a thing, Numnuts Joe Biden says so!

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
How many congress critters on the right will think this is a good idea?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by TBREW401
How many congress critters on the right will think this is a good idea?

All of them cept Rand

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I guess my Pre-68 Savage 24s are now ghost guns?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

This 1972 jr high shop project gun is still shooting.

It was built with all non gun parts. The springs are from chevy drum brakes.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The boys doing all the killings want 15 shot minimum. Couple hundred bucks buys that with no work involved.
Please post a gov fact on how many Ghost guns have been used and confiscated from a crime. Edk

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We could just make it illegal to shot people.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by gregintenn
We could just make it illegal to shot people.

Pay attention to the leftist narrative. Blame the firearm first. Blame the manufacturer second. Blame the shooter only if they're white.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just a false flag used to further chit on your constitutional rights. It will do nothing to stop crime, it's only goal is to make you the governments b!tch.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ghost Guns? Not an issue

Spook Guns? Yes, an issue in roughly 50% of murders in the USA.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Another distraction from the real problem.....the courts/judges sending repeat violent felons right back into society.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (219 Wasp, 12344mag, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 43 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,090
Posts18,501,892
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.