Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Fairly plan to see at the grocery store when some items are up by 25%...chicken prices doubled.

U.S. government was established to represent citizens, NOT TO RULE OVER THEM.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It's impossible to increase the "money" supply by double and triple without very quickly doing the same in prices.

Well that’s certainly part of it, but the free money fountain, via gummint checks, is over, but the energy costs thanks to the stupid-ass Green policies of Sniffer Joe, make everything more expensive. Pretty sure that if we were still energy-independent, inflation would be much, much lower. Biden’s answers to oil prices is to beg dictators to pump more and weaken us by selling off our Strategic Reserves, which are so named because they’re strategically important, President Dumbass, and not a price-fixing tool.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Russians! The Russians!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
They claim housing is up only 5% from last year. It's at least twice that. It's a large part of the calculation and I know they're lying about that. They're claiming 8.5% overall but in reality I think it's closer to 20%.

Bb

The guys on our local talk radio were discussing this a month or two ago. That if we were using the same metrics to calculate inflation today that was used in the 60s and 70s we would be well over 20%. They've moved the goal posts and changed the rules of the game to make it look not as bad as it is. So now we are all seeing 8% and saying 'oh crap, this is bad', when in reality, it is over double that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
.....the average person is such a moron.

Exactly.

The average person doesn't give two craps about what is going on around them.

As long as little Johnny still has a t-ball game to get to....

As long as little Suzie is still getting her "free" breakfast and lunch at school 5 days a week and a grab bag to take home for eating over the weekend....

As long as there is a new episode of their favorite crap tv show on to watch....

As long as Wal-Mart is still open and selling crap chinese goods.....

Then the average person thinks that life is grand.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Jen the Lying Psaki be like:

Putin's Price Hike Putin's Price Hike Putin's Price Hike Putin's Price Hike

FJB & FJT
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
“Putin’s price hike.” Last that I knew it wasn’t Putin refusing to sell us oil.

It’s always the Russians!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheesy
.....the average person is such a moron.

Exactly.

As long as little Johnny still has a t-ball game to get to....

As long as little Suzie is still getting her "free" breakfast and lunch at school 5 days a week and a grab bag to take home for eating over the weekend....

As long as there is a new episode of their favorite crap tv show on to watch....

As long as Wal-Mart is still open and selling crap chinese goods.....

Then the average person thinks that life is grand.

Well said

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

That is because living in the West is so good. There is almost always more than enough of all the food and household supplies and gasoline and cars and clothes. We have so much clean water we sch1t in it. We have whizzy cell phones that always work and the restaurants are mostly open and you can fly anywhere in the country for not much money, today.

Life actually is quite good. But it could be better, more fulfilling, more meaningful. We could have higher real take home wages and still spend more time with our families, rearing our children properly. We would use less of our labor to support the non-productive classes. Our neighborhoods could be safer. There is one thing standing between us and propelling the West to even greater heights above the rest of the world, but few people are currently willing to acknowledge that.

Working to bring about a change there, but it'll be our kids or their kids that see those results.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Dess
Never thought I'd say it, but blaming Trump as a kneejerk reaction isn't working. It's never their own fault. They have to find another villain.

Now they blame Putin for all of their woes.

OK, blame Putin, then they need to explain how the leader of a Communist Country can single handily destroy the US Economy (supposedly the most powerful country in the world) and also explain to us why The Biden Administration’s Economic Policies are so fragile that anyone that wants to destroy our Economy can and will.

If they wish to blame Putin, explain how he is able to take down the greatest most powerful country on the planet without firing a shot in our direction. Where are our counter measures and where is our defense against this?

The answer is simple, there is no Defense against a fictional enemy.

This needs to be said again for the people in the back of the room.

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It's impossible to increase the "money" supply by double and triple without very quickly doing the same in prices.

Well that’s certainly part of it, but the free money fountain, via gummint checks, is over, but the energy costs thanks to the stupid-ass Green policies of Sniffer Joe, make everything more expensive. Pretty sure that if we were still energy-independent, inflation would be much, much lower. Biden’s answers to oil prices is to beg dictators to pump more and weaken us by selling off our Strategic Reserves, which are so named because they’re strategically important, President Dumbass, and not a price-fixing tool.

Absolutely. Biden's energy policy is a huge contributor to the problem. You can't do much of any commerce without gas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Hey its just transitory.....

It's not like we're headed for the greatest depression...

This 3lb bag of chicken at my local Wal-Mart jumped from just under $10 to nearly $17 in the last week. It was in the $7.50 range in early 2020. That's 124% in about 2 years.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If Hiden Biden and his Handlers have their way with the American Economy, The Great Depression will look like a Fuqking Cakewalk compared to what’s coming. 😡

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by JPro

This 3lb bag of chicken at my local Wal-Mart jumped from just under $10 to nearly $17 in the last week. It was in the $7.50 range in early 2020. That's 124% in about 2 years.

I see stuff do big jumps like that. We just stop buying them and shift to lower cost items. Chicken wings for example. Used to buy a bag a month, but not at current prices.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
If Hiden Biden and his Handlers have their way with the American Economy, The Great Depression will look like a Fuqking Cakewalk compared to what’s coming. 😡

Will be a great opportunity to reset things away from the FDR model too - if conservatives are willing to do what's needed.

Me

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
They claim housing is up only 5% from last year. It's at least twice that. It's a large part of the calculation and I know they're lying about that. They're claiming 8.5% overall but in reality I think it's closer to 20%.

Bb

The guys on our local talk radio were discussing this a month or two ago. That if we were using the same metrics to calculate inflation today that was used in the 60s and 70s we would be well over 20%. They've moved the goal posts and changed the rules of the game to make it look not as bad as it is. So now we are all seeing 8% and saying 'oh crap, this is bad', when in reality, it is over double that.

It is also important to remember that the inflation which occurred in the 70s (and the interest rates the resulted from that) started from a higher floor. Normal passbook interest at that time was in the 5% range as compared to the .1% (or less) that has been common recently.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JPro

I was looking last week at frozen bags of breast looked at the price and thought they were in the wrong section that's crazy. They first raised prices on beef then pork now chicken looks like they trying to starve lower income and middle class Americans.

But pay attention to the Mexican and Black people shopping, they don't even look at the price at anything just throw it in their full shopping carts and pay with welfare cards at the register. They all fat and eating better than me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Inflation is so rudimentary, the average person is such a moron.

And we see it here on a daily basis...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Locally we pay "fire protection insurance" to the Rural Metro Fire District. Last year $366, this year $447. Gas about doubled. Electric bills of $300 not uncommon. Food is stupid money right now. On and on it goes.

LOL
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (19rabbit52, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 160user, 75 invisible), 3,143 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,622
Posts18,533,135
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.