Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
no matter when or where, or in what endeavor, 10% of the folks do 90% of the work

Truth

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Used to have a pair of goofy 'alleged' industrial maintenance men were I worked I tagged with the nicknames, Lenny & Squiggy, because they resembled those characters on the old Laverne and Shirley TV series.

Everybody dreaded when they showed up to work on something because you could pretty well bet the farm with full confidence that it would have to be redone, often even before they got out of sight.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We had a guy at work that would name everyone 😂

Our custodian had a cleft lip and palate and his teeth were kinda jacked up. Dude named him “Sharkey” crazy crazy

Oh Lort, forgive me. It was so wrong

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve had a couple of doozies work for me. I wasted enough time on them then, I ain’t wasting any more time on them now!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by xarcher
Did he respond to the humiliation by doing a better job? Or did he not give a flying fart?

He's got a good sense of humor and took it well, he ain't a pussy and he wasn't humiliated in the least.

He's 19 and we knew we'd have to teach him a bunch but he's learning.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
In my misspent youth I was high lead logging on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington for a big outfit. The 'mancatcher ' sent us a fine young specimen, strapping big kid, a picture of athletic health. Of course we interrogated him, he was a 2nd stringer in the UW football program, forestry student. Anyway what a disappointment, great kid, likeable, strong as a bull, kinda willing, a good listener...everything you could ask for...but he just had no stamina. 3 hours in the morning, he tried hard, fell down quite a little more than he should have. But about 3 hours after daylight, he was pretty well done. It wasn't a nutrition problem, we all ate at the same cookhouse...maybe metabolism or he just weighed too much or something, I'd guess he'd go 240 maybe...my rigging crew was all wiry Jiminy Cricket looking guys under 170 pounds. I asked that they find someplace to put him where he wouldn't get hurt, I saw him later and they put him on the log rafts, and it was working out. Always wondered how his football career panned out.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Was doing a half assed job so I named him 50%, I thought the Boss was gonna schit his pants laughing.

Many years ago I worked around a framing crew where the foreman had a name for most of his guys. The most memorable one was "Struggles". Watching the kid work it became clear why.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Had a "toolmaker" at work who couldn't hold tolerances worth a fůck on a lathe. He'd get a shaft down to about .005" oversized and out comes the 220 emery cloth. Ever after he became known as "220"

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by slumlord
On my roofing crew I had several duds. Happened to two duds at the same time named “Jimmie”. No relation

The good one, I called him Slow Jimmie
The super dud, I called him Real Slow Jimmie

Weed.

Weed made me nail shingles like a machine gun. After a while it was all I wanted to do. More shingles got laid, more weed I could buy, more houses got roofed.

I had an empire

Some people are like that. I worked with a guy who was younger than me. I had more seniority than him. When we got sent on a job together he would tell me he was gonna do all the work, all I had to do was hand him stuff. The guy could work like a machine on weed!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
as lineman crews went we all had a percenter either worthless white guy or another race guy so we did their share of the work and they still got paid . if they continued as a poor worker we just gave them the crappy things to do.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Had one we called "Blister". Always seemed to show up after the work was done. In reality he got much better, but the name stuck.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
At work we used to call the foam earplugs you had to use at some places in the mill Dave - O’s because Dave always had something stupid to say.

When the foam ear plugs first came out,we got a whole box of multi colored ones,one of the old Dockbuilders comes up to me,"WHAT KIND OF CANDIES ARE THESE ? THEY HAVE NO FLAVOR AT ALL,THESE SUCK!" When i told him they were earplugs he went bat s ..t, we were rolling on the ground laughing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Shop hired a young kid straight out of diesel school. Unreal how he graduated, had zero mechanical skill or knowledge, zero !
We called him "Spooky" - we were afraid to ask him to do anything.

The kids we hired out of UTI were like that. The local, state college diesel programs were pretty good in comparison.

For some reason "Nashville diesel college"? Comes to mind. If there is or was such a place.
Pretty sure it was Tennessee, Nashville rings a bell.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Parents spoiling their kids. Paying for everything so little Billy can concentrate on his "studies".

Letting Billy take a couple years off after school.

Letting the prick come back home while he "looks" for a job that "speaks" to him.

Nice work...parents.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Egg sucking dogs. Cut em loose, it ain't ever gunna get better, only worse until one day they wreck your work truck or run into your customers house with a piece of equipment. They won't give a schit and will quit a week later only to find another sucker to hire them. Seen it a thousand times.

Is that what happened with the senior citizen you had digging holes?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We've got a couple youngsters one the excavation crew ones 20 ones 22 . Both very good kids and workers... But it took a while to find them. I'd say 75 percent range that apply either can't pass or won't take a drug test ..

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Had a kid who worked for me in retail, dyed his hair and put a tiny little pony tail in the back after shaving a bunch of his scalp.

Called him My Little Pony, it stuck.

He was caught on camera doing pushups and running in circles and checking his temp so he could claim covid fever and go home.

Lol some people's kids...

JFC….Sterilize him, like his parents should have been before he was born.

🦫

Sounds like he has effectively sterilized himself

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I went to bat for a parolee who was getting straight As in machine shop programming. Boss hired him. He could not do anything. Wasnt even good at pushing the green button. I figure the instructor passed him to get rid of him.
We had "grandma" there too.
My real grandma had a hired hand my uncle named speed

Last edited by kennyd; 04/12/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I banned recruiters from UTI from the high school auto mechanica program I taught after seeing firsthand what kind of graduates they produced. My father was Chief Instructor for Nashville Auto Diesel College for around 12 years, and he wrote most of the training material when they upgraded their curriculum in the late 1960's. I did some of the technical drawings in the worksheets he wrote as a college drafting project when I was in engineering school. NADC was owned for 60-something years by the same family and was one of the top automotive, Diesel, Collision repair and welding programs in the country. It's now owned by a big corporation that has schools all over the country, and the quality of the program has suffered pretty badly.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kennyd
I went to bat for a parolee who was getting straight As in machine shop programming. Boss hired him. He could not do anything. Wasnt even good at pushing the green button. I figure the instructor passed him to get rid of him.

You know yourself that unless someone has a good grasp on machining and fixturing taking a course in programming a machinist does not make. People have too high of expectations out of someone who has had the basics in CADCAM programs like Mastercam or SolidWorks...

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

417 members (17Fan, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 1Longbow, 49 invisible), 2,301 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,743
Posts18,495,138
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.