P
Yep.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by pullit
Have a cousin (on my dad's side) that knocked up a preachers daughter behind the church building in Tulsa OK.

I did that in the back of a 55 Buick, not a secret the whole family knows, as does hers.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by pullit
Have a cousin (on my dad's side) that knocked up a preachers daughter behind the church building in Tulsa OK.

I did that in the back of a 55 Buick, not a secret the whole family knows, as does hers.

Same preachers daughter and church?

What a slut!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by poboy
I was a teenage werewolf.

Yeah, and we don’t ever talk about the reason I was kicked outta the Cub Scouts.
I was kicked out for eating Brownies!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
My family is mostly boring, a few engineers, a lot of farmers and an attorney or two.

In the 1800’s I’ve been told that we had some mariners, a whaling captain, and a riverboat captain. I haven’t dug up who did what so I cant confirm it.

Oh yeah, we had a dirty distant English relative, ever hear of this nice guy: Guy Fawkes.

Last edited by Old Ornery; 04/14/22.
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Not exactly a secret; one of dad's maternal uncles beat his first "wife" to death at a 4th of July party. Many witnesses, including my father and his two older brothers; they were young boys. Nothing done about it, because:

A: She was Indian (Chippewa)
B: Indians were not yet considered U.S. citizens, no protection under the law
C: His woman, his business, not anyone else's

The "Good Old Days"

Same guy made a deal with Grandmother, after Granddad died, to use their boat to carry freight, and pay her at the end of the season. He piled it up on rocks. total loss, never gave her a cent. Hell of a way to treat a sister!

Dad and uncles had absolutely no use for him, for life.

Last edited by DHN; 04/14/22.

Dale

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
My father’s oldest brother who, at the time was a teenager, made up some home brew. It was some time during Prohibition in the ‘20’s and he had stashed it in one of three little workshops just a few feet behind the house. He must have capped the bottles too early.
One Sunday afternoon my Grandmother was having a meeting of her church circle (Baptists btw 😁) on the back porch.. It was then that some of the bottles reached peak pressure and exploded. He had some ‘splainin’ to do 😁

There’s another episode where all four of the brothers were caught by a railroad inspector stealing old railroad ties along a train track. They would sell them to make a little money during the Depression. When he asked their names the oldest gave the inspector Jack Johnson, Jim Johnson, Bill Johnson and Dave Johnson. All fake names. After dressing them down for a while and explaining he would have them arrested if it happened again.

Well, some weeks later, they were at it on the RR right of way, when the inspector caught them again. After yelling at them for a bit he asked, “aren’t y’all those Johnson boys I caught a few months ago?” My uncle said, “oh, no, that’s those Johnson boys, our names are Johnston with a ‘T’ “ . So they got away again. 😁

Fast forward several decades and when those four got together, especially after a bit of Bourbon or scotch, they were a scream. That’s when the tales would get told.

I have two brothers and a couple of years ago, my son grown son told me that we were hilarious when we got together, especially after a drink or two. 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Just one of many.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Is that meatloaf baked in a zucchini?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was born a poor black child, with no natural rhythm.

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

331 members (257 mag, 1badf350, 160user, 260Remguy, 06hunter59, 257 roberts, 32 invisible), 2,070 guests, and 1,080 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,328
Posts18,526,547
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.