Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Mule Deer,
Did not realize you were asking the name of the supplier.
It was SPS (which I believe stands for “Shooter’s Pro Shop) from somewhere in Oregon.
Never bought anything from them before and actually never heard of them before until a member here said they had the bullets.
I was trying not to implicate or badmouth them in this but that obviously doesn’t work here.
During these times of shortages, I wouldn’t blame anyone for trying to make a living selling whatever they can get.

Last edited by SoTexCurdog; 04/18/22.
GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
SoTexCurDog,

As more than one person has already stated here (though perhaps not clearly enough), "SPS" is short for Shooter's Pro Shop, which is Nosler's retail shop at their Bend, Oregon factory. It not only sells new Nosler bullets, but "overruns" from factory ammo orders, and "seconds," which are "blemished" bullets rejected from their regular production.

The overruns are extra bullets produced beyond the minimum order from ammo companies--which often have cannelures so they can be crimped into case necks, common in factory ammo.

So-called "blems" are bullets rejected by Nosler's inspectors who watch every bullet coming off the production line, though magnifying lenses under strong light., as they spin slowly before them. I have been buying blems since the late 1980s, when you could only get them by visiting the SPS, and 99% of the time I haven't been able to see the "defects," though once in a while there's some discoloration. But have yet to find any difference in accuracy or on-game performance.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Thanks for the clarification on SPS being a Nosler retail shop. I saw that on one of the previous post but there is so much BS everywhere it is hard to know what to believe. I honestly did not know they had a retail shop and will be looking there more often.

Do any of the other makers have online retail shops under another name?
I am in need of some Sierra bullets.

Last edited by SoTexCurdog; 04/19/22.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I believe Sierra sells on their website now, when they have anything in stock.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Bullchit! LOL What dumphucqkery!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K

NRA lifetime member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SoTexCurdog

I hope one of you can tell me some of the loaded ammo brands that Nosler sells bullets to that have a “CANNELURE”?
I still wonder how on earth a “CANNLEURE” got on to a BALLISTIC TIP………..
Was it a major screw up by employee?

Nosler markets their own ammo with a variety of Nosler bullets.
Federal Premium features, NBT’s and NPt’s or at least has in the past.
The Combined Technology Ballistic Tips were originally a partnership with Winchester ammo.
I know I’ve seen other brands of ammo with Nosler bullets, just can’t remember for sure which brand(s) it was.
I wouldn’t be surprised if some brands of ammo use Nosler bullets without mentioning it on the box.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

I’ve been buying from SPS for 15+ years now, and probably have 6000+ Nosler 2nds in various calibers and weights, and a smattering of 1st’s in the cardboard boxes. Some of my 2nd’s are 10 years old, some of the 1st’s are older than that. I (usually) remember to check ogive length when I change to a new lot of bullets. Rarely have I found much, if any difference from one lot to another.

I can only recall a couple times ever receiving any bullets with damaged tips, and then it only a few in a particular bag.

I do have BT’s with different colored tips than what is standard.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Bullchit! LOL What dumphucqkery!

😆 🤣 😂 😹

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

I have shot a bunch of Federal Premium 120gr Ballistic Tips from my 260 Remington that had cannalures. I have several boxes of 30-06 180gr Partitions from Federal that have cannalures.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
IC B3

S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Years back I purchased some 270 W. in Federal Premium with Nosler Partitions
130 grain bullets in them. I do not recall seeing a cannelure on those.
Not sure about now since I reload my own, but just wondering who loads any other Nosler bullets these days.
As far as Sierra’s website,
I have been on there website at least 10 times in the past 6-8 months although not lately and they did not have any bullets available in any caliber smaller than .30.
So I have given up them.
I’ve seen more Sierras for sale on Bruno’s site than Sierra’s albeit they were Matchkings.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
I’m just relieved we averted a conspiracy theory. If Curdog had posted this up on the Boobs & Politics forum it would’ve went 20 pages of Soros, Clinton, Davos, and Q……..

Ah yes, the good old torch and pitchfork crowd.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TheBigSky;
Good morning my friend to the south, I hope you're getting the weather you need and you're all well.

If this works...

[Linked Image from content.presentermedia.com]

There I believe it did!

Thanks for the chuckle this morning, I appreciate it and perhaps needed it after discussing some of the Canada Immigration madness with my cyber friend Paul in the Canada section this morning.

Have a good one sir!

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dunno about counterfeit bullets. Haven’t shot a jacketed bullet in 9 years or so. All of my stock of such things are 10 years or older. What I have shot is homemade.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal

Good morning BC. I usually picture the crowed scurrying up to the castle to burn the witch or Frankenstein's monster when I read some of those threads. That little gif you posted is just what I need for future use. Hopefully, I'll be able to download and reapply it. I hope you are well my friend.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TheBigSky;
Morning back again sir, thanks for the reply.

Let's see if this works..

https://content.presentermedia.com/files/animsp/00011000/11049/group_torches_pitchforks_md_wm.gif

If you go there, copy the image address and then use Rick's photo insert option...

It should do that?

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks Dwayne.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (44mc, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 35, 69sportfury, 14 invisible), 1,588 guests, and 950 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,520
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.