Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Forty years ago a friend of mine had a large displacement (450cc maybe) two stroke dirt bike. Yellow, but I don't remember Yamaha or Suzuki. That thing was scary.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I turn 65 in May so that will make me "the kid" in the 65+ class at Glen Helen Saturday Motocross.

17 Husqvarna FC450.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I turn 65 in May so that will make me "the kid" in the 65+ class at Glen Helen Saturday Motocross.

17 Husqvarna FC450.
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley
[Linked Image]

New to me 2009 450 EXC

Gonna need a limiter on this one……

It's all in the wrist but sometimes the wrist doesn't connect to the brain.
What did you have to pay for that. That bike is perfect for Sierra Nevada Foothils.

Last edited by smarquez; 04/19/22.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The old-time bikers wore leather clothes, and a helmet for a reason.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skfullen
I bought a new, Yamaha TW 200 last year. At 60, my two-wheel speed limit on the dirt roads and back roads is 45 mph.

I am sooooo looking for a TW200 .....

I’m thinking this is going to be a forest services road bike. Not looking to go huge fast, but smaller more sensible bikes just aren’t available. I hope it’s not too horrible on keeping tuned. I figure a bit more temperamental than a rice burner though.

A TW200 has been at the top of my list for years. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm 73. We have a Polaris RZR 50" so we can use it on marked atv trails. It's a bit shy on ground clearance but for the most part, it's as capable as an atv. A couple years ago we were at a church family camp where many of the guys had atvs. They decided to go ride one of the trails in the area and we went along. It was a moderate ride, certainly not as difficult as some of the places my wife and I have been. We got to the top of the mountain and they were astounded that we were still with them. They thought we'd have been scared off way down the hill. I had to wonder what some of them would have done if they'd followed us on some of our 'real' rides.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by akrange
May the Force be with You when you think your 18 again..
The Devil Made Me Do It..

The most dangerous thing for an old man is thinking he is still a young man.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by skfullen
I bought a new, Yamaha TW 200 last year. At 60, my two-wheel speed limit on the dirt roads and back roads is 45 mph.

I am sooooo looking for a TW200 .....

I’m thinking this is going to be a forest services road bike. Not looking to go huge fast, but smaller more sensible bikes just aren’t available. I hope it’s not too horrible on keeping tuned. I figure a bit more temperamental than a rice burner though.

A TW200 has been at the top of my list for years. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Brother, I painted a guys house who had a Yamaha TW200 with under 200 miles on it. It was a couple years old at the time. He admitted he rarely rode it.

His house painting price was $7500. I offered him $3500 off the painting, if he’d give me the bike.

Nah, he said...I said, you told me you never ride it. Yeah, he said, but if I want to, I can’t, if you own it.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Sold my last one some years ago .my right wrist has no self control and at the time my boy that's 15 had no judgment at all. And a KLX 650r is way more dirt bike than should ever be built.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There's nothing like a fast dirt bike to keep you from getting old.

That’s my 2 cent pearl of wisdom for the year.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Brother, that works in two different ways, pretty sure that how you meant it too.

Sent a message to GF letting her know that I was going to die with the biggest s—t eating grin on my face, up until the last second or teo. She asked if that was from too much sex? I said “no”, but hey, I’m up for it if you are;)

Going to see great peeps at Grass Valley shop right now, buying some protective gear. Gonna ask about throttle limiting strategy as well. Front brake might be scarier though, single finger braking the norm now?

Smarquez - too much for sure, but seemed like the best option around, and I’ve been looking. $4850 with hitch rack and some gear, 3650 miles. Looked like it had been ridden well, but cared for. No leaks, starts right up with a little choke when cold.

Shrapnel - Ouch!!! Will keep that in mind, and will hopefully keep chicken factor in control of death wish….

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've owned 2 TW200s, got a cheap package deal. I wasn't impressed, the fatter-tire, wasn't any improvement over my old XL250 and the 250 would run away from it. Didn't climb anything like the Big Wheel 200 or Honda Fatcat and the final coffin nail was no kickstarter.

I sold both for $2200 each with less than 2K miles and was happy to see 'em go.

I'd ride one before buying.

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Brother, that works in two different ways, pretty sure that how you meant it too.

Indeed, sir. Take care on that machine, but do enjoy it!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Nothing like a two stroke. I sold a KX250 a few years back and I’m wanting a 2022 KTM 300 and I’m 64

https://www.ktm.com/en-us/models/enduro/2-stroke/ktm-300-xc-tpi-2022.html

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Sent a message to GF letting her know that I was going to die with the biggest s—t eating grin on my face, up until the last second or teo. She asked if that was from too much sex? I said “no”, but hey, I’m up for it if you are;)

Going to see great peeps at Grass Valley shop right now, buying some protective gear. Gonna ask about throttle limiting strategy as well. Front brake might be scarier though, single finger braking the norm now?

Smarquez - too much for sure, but seemed like the best option around, and I’ve been looking. $4850 with hitch rack and some gear, 3650 miles. Looked like it had been ridden well, but cared for. No leaks, starts right up with a little choke when cold.

Shrapnel - Ouch!!! Will keep that in mind, and will hopefully keep chicken factor in control of death wish….

I think you got a decent deal on it. The market for off road vs. track bikes is a bit stronger. The hitch rack could be worth a couple hundred depending on brand.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by smarquez

17 Husqvarna FC450.

Nice! bike and a big thumbs up for riding a track at 65.
Nothing like being on a track for the first time and going for it on that first hill without knowing the other side.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Scott you only live once. Like they say, the winner of the game is the one who ends up the most/best toys.... Be "safe" out there. E

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Nice Bike enjoy it.

Bought my first bike a Indian Scout, at a Army surplus auction at Buckley Field in Denver, still in the crate O.D. Green with a white star on the tank, and a leather gun scabbard, $55.00, 1954, my uncle helped me pay for it,i was short $25.00

My high school shop teacher, Mr Murphy, let me make a shop project out of it, and helped me tear it down and sand and paint it, and get it running, I have owned a lot of bikes since then, sold my last bike in 2018, when i turned 80 yrs old.

My son and his wife, ride KTM's bike's run in our family. Rio7.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I bought this 2017 Yamaha wr250r brand new. I love the versatility but quickly learned that I ain't young anymore. It goes with my other toys too.
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Last edited by Ghostsniper; 04/19/22.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You can still get in trouble with 4 wheels if the shoulder collapses under you. I barely got this out by myself without rolling it. The winch cable is the only thing holding the Rhino from tipping over...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (12344mag, 2500HD, 222Sako, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,291
Posts18,486,921
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.