Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by jwp475
How is Kowa's customer service, do they offer cleaning services for their optics? I've been sending my Swarovski bino's in for cleanings and repairs ever since I bought them back in '98 and they've never cost me more than the price of shipping, save for this year where they had to send them to Austria to have the lenses replaced and that was only $155, hard to beat customer service like that.

Why would you brag on a product that needs to be sent in every year?
Did I say it needed to be sent it in every year? I send them in to get cleaned and they do a once over on it while it's in their possession, I don't send them in every year though. Reading comprehensions seems to be a big problem around these parts.

You are not capable of cleaning your gear? No
cleaning until you send them in?

What type of repairs did they require?

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ak',

Don't be too hard on her,as a GOOD Day for her,is one in which she doesn't schit her pants and "Actual Use" is something she reads about. Spin her 360-degrees in a fhuqking phone booth and she'd be shooting a flare for help,while she botched dialing the number to 911. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
How is Kowa's customer service, do they offer cleaning services for their optics? I've been sending my Swarovski bino's in for cleanings and repairs ever since I bought them back in '98 and they've never cost me more than the price of shipping, save for this year where they had to send them to Austria to have the lenses replaced and that was only $155, hard to beat customer service like that.

Did I say it needed to be sent it in every year? I send them in to get cleaned and they do a once over on it while it's in their possession, I don't send them in every year though. Reading comprehensions seems to be a big problem around these parts.

I’m sure the bottom line is that he didn’t recommend tract. Now that’s out of the way why do you have such a hard on about his recommendation? He never said every year you made that up. He never said he didn’t clean his own equipment. Again you made that up. All the man did was ask a question about customer service and gave his experiences. Maybe I’m missing something but all he did was give a positive review for the customer service of one of the companies that was in question.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

It appears to me that you don't own either one of the spotters in question and have nothing to offer as far as advice goes, otherwise you'd know exactly what I'm talking about with Swarovski's customer service.

I'm guessing that Kowa doesn't offer the same type of service as Swarovski or someone would have chimed in by now.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Ak',

Don't be too hard on her,as a GOOD Day for her,is one in which she doesn't schit her pants and "Actual Use" is something she reads about. Spin her 360-degrees in a fhuqking phone booth and she'd be shooting a flare for help,while she botched dialing the number to 911. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............
lol

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Does anyone else make a spotter with the Mil scale in it? My Leupold Compact 25 x 50 has the crosshair in it, but the Mil scale would be a nice thing to have for sure....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

It appears to me that you don't own either one of the spotters in question and have nothing to offer as far as advice goes, otherwise you'd know exactly what I'm talking about with Swarovski's customer service.

I'm guessing that Kowa doesn't offer the same type of service as Swarovski or someone would have chimed in by now.

I've owned Swarovski and am familiar with them. I'd rather brag about not needing customer service

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Talked to one of the owners of Tract at both the western hunting expo and the international sportsman’s expo. He said they won’t have spotting scopes until end of May. When those are gone the next ship is in September. There spotting scopes are very impressive at that price point.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Springcove
Talked to one of the owners of Tract at both the western hunting expo and the international sportsman’s expo. He said they won’t have spotting scopes until end of May. When those are gone the next ship is in September. There spotting scopes are very impressive at that price point.

Be careful giving an opinion on Tract the ankle biters that have never seen one will go on attack mode

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don’t think anyone has said a bad word about Tract. We see that reading what is said complicates what you want to reply with. I only see positive things posted so far except for the derails you have posted.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I've owned Swarovski and am familiar with them. I'd rather brag about not needing customer service

If you’ve owned a Swarovski you’d know exactly what I’m talking about, you’re full of [bleep] is what you are clown. Stick has you pegged.

Steelhead

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

If you’ve owned a Swarovski you’d know exactly what I’m talking about, you’re full of [bleep] is what you are clown. Stick has you pegged.

If you want to see full [bleep] just look in the mirror azz wipe.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

How long have you had your Tract stuff and how many hunts have you been on with them?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Sheister
Does anyone else make a spotter with the Mil scale in it? My Leupold Compact 25 x 50 has the crosshair in it, but the Mil scale would be a nice thing to have for sure....

Bob

Again…

https://tractoptics.com/spotting-scopes/toric-uhd-22x80-angled-spotting-scope-with-mrad-prs-reticle

https://tractoptics.com/spotting-scopes/toric-uhd-30x80-angled-spotting-scope-with-mrad-elr-reticle

If you prefer, you can buy the 27-55 and buy the fixed mil reticle eyepiece separately. That is what I did. Had I known beforehand how spectacular the view is through the fixed x eyepiece, I doubt I would have bought the scope with the variable eyepiece. Not that the variable’s picture is bad, it most certainly is quite spectacular too, but you don’t loose anything with the fixed in terms of image quality and the reticle is priceless. The FOV, depth of field and eye relief in my fixed 22x is something to behold.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I know what the Swarovski can do and their customer service is top notch but I've been reading/hearing a lot of good things about Kowa but don't know much about them. Not that concerned about weight but it has to be a straight body spotter that can take a beating, of course customer service has to be very good (which is why I'm leaning Swaro) also. How good is the Kowa compared to Swarovski, all things being equal?

I’ve been using Kowa spotting scopes since 2009. My first one was a Prominar 663 and the one I use now is a Prominar 773. It gets used on yearly Stone Sheep backpack trips with other trips mixed in for Caribou, Goats, Pronghorns.
Over the years myself and others have used and compared both of these scopes along side 65 and 80mm Swaros for comparisons. Nobody ever finds any significant difference in performance, but a common preference has been for the Kowa focus system, especially the dual focus on the 77mm.
I’ve never had to use warranty so I can’t comment on that.

I don’t think there’s a bad choice. Awesome vs awesome is a no lose choice.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I use a first gen Vortex mil 30x eyepiece on my Swaro. No degradation of optical quality. In fact, I liked the 30x eyepiece enuff that I sold my 25-50 wa on here....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by Sheister

Bob

Again…

https://tractoptics.com/spotting-scopes/toric-uhd-22x80-angled-spotting-scope-with-mrad-prs-reticle

https://tractoptics.com/spotting-scopes/toric-uhd-30x80-angled-spotting-scope-with-mrad-elr-reticle

If you prefer, you can buy the 27-55 and buy the fixed mil reticle eyepiece separately. That is what I did. Had I known beforehand how spectacular the view is through the fixed x eyepiece, I doubt I would have bought the scope with the variable eyepiece. Not that the variable’s picture is bad, it most certainly is quite spectacular too, but you don’t loose anything with the fixed in terms of image quality and the reticle is priceless. The FOV, depth of field and eye relief in my fixed 22x is something to behold.

John

Thanks, but I meant anybody but the Leupold Stick recommended and the Tract you mentioned since they are continually out of stock it seems. I've heard great things about the Tract Toric glass, but try as I might I just can't get used to an angled spotter. Tried them several times in the field and just couldn't get used to it. Need a straight or nothing as I guess I'm just getting too old to learn new tricks... wink

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob, Vortex, burris, leupold, meopta and bushell all make spotters with reticles

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mod7rem
I know what the Swarovski can do and their customer service is top notch but I've been reading/hearing a lot of good things about Kowa but don't know much about them. Not that concerned about weight but it has to be a straight body spotter that can take a beating, of course customer service has to be very good (which is why I'm leaning Swaro) also. How good is the Kowa compared to Swarovski, all things being equal?

I’ve been using Kowa spotting scopes since 2009. My first one was a Prominar 663 and the one I use now is a Prominar 773. It gets used on yearly Stone Sheep backpack trips with other trips mixed in for Caribou, Goats, Pronghorns.
Over the years myself and others have used and compared both of these scopes along side 65 and 80mm Swaros for comparisons. Nobody ever finds any significant difference in performance, but a common preference has been for the Kowa focus system, especially the dual focus on the 77mm.
I’ve never had to use warranty so I can’t comment on that.

I don’t think there’s a bad choice. Awesome vs awesome is a no lose choice.
Appreciate the info, this is pretty much what I was asking for before the thread got derailed. Found this on the Kowa website:

Q. My scope needs to be serviced, what do I need to do?
A. Contact your Kowa dealer or place of purchase and they can arrange a free collection and repair estimation service. If your product falls under the Kowa warranty, the repair will take place free of charge. If not, a quote will be provided before work takes place. Or you can contact Kowa direct at www.kowaoptic.com: [email protected]

Steelhead

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
How do the Meopta compare to the Swaro or Kowa models?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, Akhutr, 9 invisible), 4,121 guests, and 718 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,813
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.