-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think I can remember reading some where, don't point out the speck in someone's eye when there is a log in yours.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
I think I can remember reading some where, don't point out the speck in someone's eye when there is a log in yours.

Speaking of NAZIs and downwind facist shows up. Funny how that works. Do you stlll want people arrested for attending church or in your words. "unvaxxed Canadians rounded up" and taken care by Trudeau's little gestapo?

Are you gonna pretend you suddenly care about human rights now like fake christian Steve? lol.

Souless creatures that roam the north

Last edited by ribka; 04/18/22.
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Wow, these threads can go sideways.
I don't know about city folks, but I do know about how the people in our region vote , hunting is a primary interest around here and we don't support a Green agenda .
So we hunt , shoot, fish, Rodeo, mine coal , harvest timber, work in oil and gas etc.
It appears that city folks dislike most of what we do.
and visa versa.
There are plenty of them and few of us. The bulk of immigrants will vote for what got them and their families to Canada and they are always city bound.
So far, I see only one canadate that might flip the immigrant vote - Lewis and one Canadate that would reach the rural West. The rest have to long a history of bad politics..
The PPP will just spit the vote this time and may be ahead of their time.
I don't get how throwing insults around has any upside, it shows playground rules in a adult discussion.
You know who you are... grow up and stick to the subject folks. God Bless

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes, from what I see, it’s only Poilievre and Lewis, but the real campaigning hasn’t started yet.

Unfortunately, the bad behaviour continues to get worse. My suggestion would be to put them on ignore, and hope that Rick, the owner of the board, does something.

All the best.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Immigrants should have to be here for at least 5 years before they should be eligible to vote, they should also be tax paying individual or family, working, not living off the system.

If all the immigrants are headed for the City then it is self defeating because they are here under the guise of working and contributing to our society at large, so hopefully some head to rural area's where we need them, if not...then it needs to be addressed. I also notice some of these immigrants are loaded with cash, or working professionals as Canada has been robbing other countries of their intellectuals for decades, nurses, doctors etc.

On a candidate that cares about the rural west, good luck with that, even our Provincial representatives don't do that. They want to know your postal code before addressing you so they can decide if they give a shyte.

In my view, there is only one candidate, but presently, I am blinded by just getting rid of Trudeau and inflicting as much damage on the NDP as is possible within the law.

On the grown ups.......are you expecting voters to be more adult than the candidates? LOL

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
In-fighting will kill us and promote the Lib-NDP . Concentrate on the goal. Defeat the current government, and elect something way better than we have.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by the_shootist
In-fighting will kill us and promote the Lib-NDP . Concentrate on the goal. Defeat the current government, and elect something way better than we have.

I think that was what went wrong during the last election. There was a lack of focus. Issues were ignored that either Trudeau or the Liberals messed up. And poor coaching for O’Toole.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by comerade
Wow, these threads can go sideways.
I don't know about city folks, but I do know about how the people in our region vote , hunting is a primary interest around here and we don't support a Green agenda .
So we hunt , shoot, fish, Rodeo, mine coal , harvest timber, work in oil and gas etc.
It appears that city folks dislike most of what we do.
and visa versa.
There are plenty of them and few of us. The bulk of immigrants will vote for what got them and their families to Canada and they are always city bound.
So far, I see only one canadate that might flip the immigrant vote - Lewis and one Canadate that would reach the rural West. The rest have to long a history of bad politics..
The PPP will just spit the vote this time and may be ahead of their time.
I don't get how throwing insults around has any upside, it shows playground rules in a adult discussion.
You know who you are... grow up and stick to the subject folks. God Bless

So supporting Trudeau arresting and destroying the lives of conservatives the past 2 years is now acceptable? Steve and other on here sure did so now pretend t never happened. You're going to trust back stabbing anti christian cowards like Steve Jim in Ontario and down wind fascstt?

Interesting. Please provide a more detailed explanation how that is good for conservatives in Canada. You'll disappear and provide no answer as usual. Steve can play the victim again after he supported Trudeau destroying conservatives in Canada but now pretends he did nothing wrong ,

No wonder Canada is screwed and has no hope.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

I think that was what went wrong during the last election. There was a lack of focus. Issues were ignored that either Trudeau or the Liberals messed up. And poor coaching for O’Toole.

And the fact that liberal cowards like you who reside n eastern provinces rejoiced when your hero Trudeau arrested conservatives in western provinces. ( some still sit rotting in prison)

You are such a disingenuous piece of SChjit Steve

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
This Global news piece talks about the leadership race. It reports that, at this point at least, Poilievre is out in front by a big margin. The report talks about thousands going to Poilievre's leadership events across the country, and significantly less going to Lewis' and Charest's. One report isn't necessarily an accurate reflection of what's going on, but I haven't received any news from Lewis, Charest or the others in my mail or email boxes.

If the Global video is accurate, Brown, Charest and Lewis aren't doing nearly as well, but the vote isn't for another few months.

From Global,

Poilievre favourite to win Conservative leadership, but may struggle to grow party: poll

The race to become the next leader of the Conservative Party appears to be Pierre Poilievre’s to lose, according to a new poll, that also suggests he may not be able to broaden the party’s appeal.

The Ipsos poll conducted exclusively for Global News found 20 per cent of Canadians surveyed think Poilievre will win the race, rising to 37 per cent among Conservative voters. That pales to his closest competitor, Jean Charest, who earned 12 per cent support among Canadians polled and just 14 per cent among Conservative voters.

In fact, the poll found Charest is viewed more favourably among Liberal voters (40 per cent) than Conservatives (27 per cent) while Poilievre — who nearly half of Liberal and NDP voters view negatively — is seen by 50 per cent of Conservative voters as the most favourable candidate.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8770473/ipsos-conservative-leadership-2022/
---

Poilievre camp says they’ve sold memberships in every riding, hinting at broad appeal

Pierre Poilievre’s camp is claiming to have sold memberships in all 338 federal ridings, hinting at broader appeal across the Conservative base than the former cabinet minister might be expected to pull.

The Poilievre campaign refused to give specific numbers, but said on Tuesday they had managed to sell memberships — which means eligible voters in the Conservative leadership contest — in every federal riding across the country.

That suggests Poilievre is drawing from a larger pool of support than many political observers have expected. The former cabinet minister, who has been a MP since age 25, was widely thought to have his support concentrated in the Conservative heartland of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.

https://globalnews.ca/news/8770832/poilievre-camp-memberships-conservative-leadership-2022/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 673
Immigrants should have to be here for at least 5 years before they should be eligible to vote, they should also be tax paying individual or family, working, not living off the system.

For what it's worth, we've been in NWO for 17 years.

Permanent residents for 14 years.

Whole family working in the local community & paying taxes.

Home owners, land owners & a business owner.

& can not vote, as we are not Canadian Citizens !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
Originally Posted by 673

Did they tell you when you would be eligible to vote, or do you have to take out citizenship?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by 673

Did they tell you when you would be eligible to vote, or do you have to take out citizenship?

You have to be a citizen to vote in Canada. Im also a permanent resident.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673

More specific, a new comer should not be a tool for someone like Trudeau to flood the country with Liberal and or worse NDP voters, but really it is more important for a recent arrival to have some knowledge of the political structure that we have in Canada. Some of these folks may never have voted before from whence they came. I sense that many of them vote for a candidate because of his color rather than their proven track record and ideology....this is exactly what happens in BC.

I have known others who never acquired Citizenship for one reason or another, but we do offer the opportunity to anyone who wants it, so there is that.

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Hey Ribka,

Are you calling me a liberal coward ?

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hey Ribka,
Are you calling me a liberal coward ?
I don't speak for Ribka but I believe he is talking about Steve.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 673

Yes, you must be a Citizen.

We did all the paperwork & sent off our money, 10 years ago, applying for Citizenship.

The file sat on somebodies desk, for more than 3 weeks, before being opened.

When opened, 1 photograph in the whole file was "stale dated" by 2 days.

They returned the file to us !

We did it at that time, because our oldest (Caroline) was 17. If we became Citizens then, the kids wouldn't have had to sit the test.

It took Deb over a month to compile the requirements for that application process !

We will do it again, when we have time !

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes, I understood your initial intent.

I was merely pointing out that;

1: Just because someone emigrates to Canada, it does not automatically entitle them to vote.

2: Not all Immigrants are a burden to their new Country !

Paul.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Paul;
Top of the morning my friend, it's grey, cool and damp here with fresh snow on the mountain behind the house.... again - so I hope you're getting better weather.

Thanks for sharing your Canada Immigration story with us, though I can't say it surprises me or improves my opinion of them whatsoever.

Our youngest lives in the Lower Mainland and the upstairs neighbors were from Peru I believe it was? Been here over a decade, both parents working and paying taxes. One child born here.

Somehow Canada Immigration decided they'd not crossed enough "T's" to stay here and they had to sell all their stuff, go back to Peru and then reapply from there to re-enter Canada!!!!

Meanwhile we were bringing in refugees pretty much unvetted from Afghanistan, Syria, wherever....

Please note I'm not anti refugee either. Both grandfathers were refugees from eastern Europe and faced death or imprisonment if they'd been forced to return. But to send folks back who have been working/paying taxes - contributing to our collective well being - is the very definition of insanity in government.

I could go on, but won't for the sake of uncharacteristic brevity and spiking blood pressure.

When they don't absolutely grease the skids for folks like you all who come in to start business and employ people, it reinforces my belief that there needs to be a "whole lot" of top down restructuring in a lot of federal government bureaucracies.

We shall not get started on the process for a Restricted/Prohibited PAL for sure...

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Morning Dwayne !!

"I could go on, but won't for the sake of uncharacteristic brevity and spiking blood pressure."

I have more interesting .gov stories, but for the sake your comment above, I'll leave them for another time.

Hug who you love & have a great day Mate !

Paul.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (219 Wasp, 219DW, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 58 invisible), 2,454 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,441
Posts18,489,474
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.