Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Well, at least there wouldn't be any more Left Coast transplants in Boise.

Or native Idahoans, for that matter.

When/if it happens, I want to be in the X ring of ground zero. No lingering death as my hair falls out and I puke my guts out, no hiding from the zombie/mutant/punk rock leather clad two stroke motorcycle gangs roaming the wasteland, just, "huh, what's that flas..."?

Yep. Should there be a nuclear war, what would remain would make The Road look like a Sunday afternoon picnic... everywhere. frown

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Kind of looks like a presidential voting map. Remove the colors and leave just the nuclear symbols and it would be really close. Probably get rid of about 90% of the demmunist party.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That map shows a nuclear facility in extreme NW SC. That’s the lake and nuke facility that covered our 550 acre farm in the mountains. It was , at the time, the largest nuclear power facility east of the Mississippi. It still might be. Scattered my dear old dad’s ashes 150 down on his old front door steps. Mountain land up there was virtually worthless back then. Flooded the valley, brought in a ton of PHD scientists to keep the reactors putt putting along. Land then jumped to a million bucks an acre anywhere near the lake. Damn at the memories there….

It was for the best though in the long run.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Well, at least there wouldn't be any more Left Coast transplants in Boise.

Or native Idahoans, for that matter.

When/if it happens, I want to be in the X ring of ground zero. No lingering death as my hair falls out and I puke my guts out, no hiding from the zombie/mutant/punk rock leather clad two stroke motorcycle gangs roaming the wasteland, just, "huh, what's that flas..."?

Some 40 or so years ago I ran into a retired colonel that told me that part of his job was studying just that,nuclear war and so called safe places in the US...He told me....... Idaho was rated the #3 safest place to be should a war break out based on fallout and blast effects....

👍

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
All you have to do is hunker down under a school deck and you will be safe. I learned that at 8 years old. Edk

IC B2

T
T
Is this America?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The map is missing some really big targets. I’m not far from the Kings Bay submarine base which is home to our east coast boomer fleet , NAS Jax home of east coast anti submarine warfare , and NS Mayport. Jacksonville is shown as a civilian target but has two significant military targets and Kings Bay isn’t shown as a target. The map is very incomplete.

Total Agreement, Florida would be smoked as well as NC.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
When the Yellowstone volcano pops, none of that will matter.

If that ever goes , it will be as horrendous as. nuclear strikes.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Pretty cool site. I'm probably toast if the schit hits the fan.

Last edited by jc189; 04/22/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We forget that as we are being hit, so are they. So a lot of their nucs aren’t gonna get here.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They may have their fallout colors off a bit in some areas.

Ours looks "safe" but most days the prevailing wind is from the SW and W. Lotta bombs goin' off that way if that map is correct.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I can't say I'm surprised.

It looks like democrats will be the main targets.

Probably targeted by us. Not the Ruskies.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Valsdad
They may have their fallout colors off a bit in some areas.

Ours looks "safe" but most days the prevailing wind is from the SW and W. Lotta bombs goin' off that way if that map is correct.

We have a prevailing SW wind but have fallout from the North? Wind from the North is fairly uncommon here.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

325 members (204guy, 260Remguy, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 280ACKIMP, 35 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,219 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,754
Posts18,476,336
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.