-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Replacing the interpreter can get really expensive I understand, so a reasonable alternative might be a wireless remote coffee table speaker closer to where you sit. Sweetness sits closer to the TV than I do, so she gets more volume than I do. Aside from that, the new larger, thinner TV speakers suck. Going that thin, something had to go and it was the quality of the speakers. A sound bar will get you purer sound. The wife doesn't like war pictures and I'll flush her right out of the room with one because they just need to be loud. She watches British TV and those people might as well be speaking Chinese for as much as I hear. The electronic amplified ear muffs for shooting work amazingly well for TV for those of us who left our high frequency hearing at the range.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hearing in Church is the worst for me.

dont blame you ...I wouldnt want to hear that crap either.....bob

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Remember Grandpa winking at me while we were watching TV and Grandma would call him several times from another part of the house before coming to ask why he didn't answer and complaining he needed to go get a hearing aid.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Well am I the only one that has trouble hearing the words while watching a show nowadays. It seems to me that they play the background music so loud that I can’t hardly make out the words. I’m always asking my interpreter what they said which seems to agitate my interpreter and I’m not sure why😉

I noticed that a couple years ago. I think they need some old man setting the background volume.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
According to the wife don’t worry cuz whats being put put isn’t worth hearing anyway! Country died when Merle Haggard went away!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Some channels are worse than others. CBS has the poorest sound quality of the big three. Everybody mumbles. I'm on my third set of hearing aids. B varying degrees of success but when they're good, like sex, they're great.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have resound hearing aids set up to my phone and I can adjust a lot of sound with it. Adjust balance between each ear also which helps along with the base. This time I got the rechargeable and they have held up good, been wearing hearing aids since I was 38 and wish I'd gotten them sooner. Worse things are ear sweat and if you're trying to talk with someone and someone else is near they pick that person talking also which meses up your conversation.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ebonics (Jive) cannot be understood, no matter how good the hearing of the individual.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
W
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
W
Separate TV's. One for you, one for her!

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I have used hearing aids for over 20 years now, my first two sets were just so-so as far as being helpful because the audiologist could never get them adjusted correctly. My third pair I went with Miracle Ear not because of the hearing aids themselves but because of a good audiologist, he was born with hearing issues and he understands how difficult it is to set up aids correctly. He took his time and fine tuned them so that for the first time I found aids to be really useful and work as they should. Moral of the story is that the audiologist is more important than the hearing aids.

My most recent pair have the Bluetooth feature, there is a small box which attachs to the TV and broadcasts the sound directly to my heaing aids. I can control the on and off the volume myself, if I want to watch something that the wife is not interestd in I mute the TV sound and I can still hear it through my hearing aids. A win-win in my book.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"My most recent pair have the Bluetooth feature, there is a small box which attachs to the TV and broadcasts the sound directly to my heaing aids."

Where'd you get it?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We haven't turned on the tv in almost two years, partly because of the reasons described hear. I can't understand what they are saying even with the volume turned up to where it is uncomfortable for my wife. Closed captioning helps but she hates it and it is hit and miss. Music is just noise to me and background noise (music) makes conversation difficult. Got my hearing aids at Costco and the girls there are very helpful but my hearing is still a big challenge for everyone around me. Find myself spending a lot of time alone these days which isnt all bad but I don't want to become a recluse.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by victoro
"My most recent pair have the Bluetooth feature, there is a small box which attachs to the TV and broadcasts the sound directly to my heaing aids."

Where'd you get it?

It was included with my new Miracle Ear hearing aids. I would imagine that other hearing aid brands have a similar feature also.
I would not buy another pair without that feature.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have an extremely hard time understanding the people with English accents on tv.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
N
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Whelenman
I have an extremely hard time understanding the people with English accents on tv.

I’m right there with you. It’s almost like they create their own background noise.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The audiologist that sold me my hearing aids said I would have trouble with that!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"WHAT?"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm 72 years old. I'm quite certain my hearing is crap-o-la and I have tinnitus, no doubt!
But I can still hear turkeys gobble over a mile away.
I can pick up on a deer walking.
I can hear a squirrel bark.
I'm sure there are things I miss.
Hearing aids prolly in my future!
Just not yet!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
These things work well and can really enhance your enjoyment of movies. We've had one for a couple of years and I wouldn't be without it.

It seems like the quality of dialog audio has gone totally to schidt ever since they came up with Dolby sound in movies...maybe even before that. The movies of the 60s were never a problem for me to understand the dialog, but these days it's mostly unintelligible. I don't understand why the sound people do such an awful job, but they sure do suck.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by drover
I have used hearing aids for over 20 years now, my first two sets were just so-so as far as being helpful because the audiologist could never get them adjusted correctly. My third pair I went with Miracle Ear not because of the hearing aids themselves but because of a good audiologist, he was born with hearing issues and he understands how difficult it is to set up aids correctly. He took his time and fine tuned them so that for the first time I found aids to be really useful and work as they should. Moral of the story is that the audiologist is more important than the hearing aids.

My most recent pair have the Bluetooth feature, there is a small box which attachs to the TV and broadcasts the sound directly to my heaing aids. I can control the on and off the volume myself, if I want to watch something that the wife is not interestd in I mute the TV sound and I can still hear it through my hearing aids. A win-win in my book.

drover

I have the bluetooth for the tv also but it picks up every little thing and makes it actually worse. Maybe I just haven't figured it out as good as it could be.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

484 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 2500HD, 49 invisible), 1,959 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,035
Posts18,520,955
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.