Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jericho
One of my dads friends in PENN was deer hunting in doe season and spotted one about 250 yards or so away from his stand and took steady aim and fired. He was using a 7RM if I remember correctly and when he looked again through his scope, the deer was still standing. He fired again and the deer was still standing, after the third shot the deer dropped. He walked over to the dead deer and discovered 3 dead deer instead of just one. My dad told me later on, that he believed that there were 3 deer, but his friend didnt do it by accident......

Similar thing happened to my BIL. I had found a really good place on an old logging road for a stand and invited my BIL to come over and hunt with me. I had killed a buck and doe the day before, so I let him hunt that place the next day. We had been hunting about an hour when I heard him shoot..... Good, got him a deer! Few minutes later, he shoots again..... Hmm, maybe a buck and a doe? Few minutes later another shot..... Uh-oh, this aint good. I walk over there and he's just standing at the stand, shaking his head. What happened? He said he saw a deer, crossing l to r, so he shot and the deer ran to the right. A few minutes later, 30 or so yds farther down the logging road, he sees a deer crossing r to l and thinking he had missed, he shot again. Then another few minutes later, a little farther down the logging road, he sees a deer crossing l to r, and again thinking he had missed, he shot again. He climbed down and walked to where he first saw the deer and there was blood. Followed it to the right and there lay a dead deer. Walked to where he saw the second deer and there was blood, walked to the left and there was a dead deer. Walked to where he saw the last deer, and no blood. We looked and looked, but it looked like he had missed. Went back to the stand and saw where he had hit a limb about 20 ft from the stand, with the last shot.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've probably told it before, but I worked for a few years at a large public shooting range as a range officer. A few times people came to me and the conversation went:

"I'd like to move over to then 400 yard range."

(I'd give them a puzzled look.)

They'd point, and I'd say "That's 200".

"Well what's this?"

"That's 100."

"Well what was I shooting at?"

"You were at fifty."

"Oh."

Yes, THOSE are the guys that shoot their deer at 500 yards.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The only true story on here is the guy with one HP, two spitzers, and one round nose.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks for the entertainment, guys.

To think I was proud of shooting a deer at 130ish yards with a BP rifle. laugh

I think I got one at about 150 one time too. laugh

I think the majority are at about 1,0 yards (the comma makes it look impressive).

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Originally Posted by Jericho
One of my dads friends in PENN was deer hunting in doe season and spotted one about 250 yards or so away from his stand and took steady aim and fired. He was using a 7RM if I remember correctly and when he looked again through his scope, the deer was still standing. He fired again and the deer was still standing, after the third shot the deer dropped. He walked over to the dead deer and discovered 3 dead deer instead of just one. My dad told me later on, that he believed that there were 3 deer, but his friend didnt do it by accident......

Similar thing happened to my BIL. I had found a really good place on an old logging road for a stand and invited my BIL to come over and hunt with me. I had killed a buck and doe the day before, so I let him hunt that place the next day. We had been hunting about an hour when I heard him shoot..... Good, got him a deer! Few minutes later, he shoots again..... Hmm, maybe a buck and a doe? Few minutes later another shot..... Uh-oh, this aint good. I walk over there and he's just standing at the stand, shaking his head. What happened? He said he saw a deer, crossing l to r, so he shot and the deer ran to the right. A few minutes later, 30 or so yds farther down the logging road, he sees a deer crossing r to l and thinking he had missed, he shot again. Then another few minutes later, a little farther down the logging road, he sees a deer crossing l to r, and again thinking he had missed, he shot again. He climbed down and walked to where he first saw the deer and there was blood. Followed it to the right and there lay a dead deer. Walked to where he saw the second deer and there was blood, walked to the left and there was a dead deer. Walked to where he saw the last deer, and no blood. We looked and looked, but it looked like he had missed. Went back to the stand and saw where he had hit a limb about 20 ft from the stand, with the last shot.
That would be funny had I not done the exact same thing once. And yes I got the third one too. 😳

IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Sort a related. A lawyer friend of mine that I’ve hunted with is a terrible shot. He has plenty money but never practices shooting.
He shoots a BAR 30/06.
So he asks me to take him to my club to sight in his deer rifle.
He brings a grocery sack with half dozen different part boxes of all different bullet weights, and there was quite a few loose rounds in the bag.
I get the rifle close to sighted in given the mix of ammo.
Then a I grab one of the loose cartridges to try.
It didn’t feel right. I looked at the head stamp, it was an 8 mm Mauser. He said someone gave him some extra ammo.
I don’t know if that she’ll would have chambered.
I don’t hunt with him anymore.

NRA Patron
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

264 members (01Foreman400, 338reddog, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 35, 22 invisible), 1,799 guests, and 926 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,628
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.