Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The Ruger Wrangler felt very much like junk to me. And the freewheeling cylinder was a touch too much as well

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a couple of Wranglers and really enjoy them.

I bought them with the expectation of what they were and not what they were not. I had given my Single Six to a son who would enjoy it more often than me, so I knew what a Single Six was and how it felt. For $189 it doesn't compare to a $600 Single Six, nor should it, do the math.

I drop a leg off the trigger springs in both of them and now the triggers are just fine for the work intended. Mine will shoot to point of aim at about 20 yards and the grouping is acceptable. It does shoot minute of pop can at 15-20 yards which is what my expectations were when I bought them. I would take it hunting with me if small game was a possibility while hunting other critters. But if I'm hunting small game as a purpose I would choose some other target shooters that are more accurate.

I am well pleased with my plinkers and that is how I use them.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
It's literally a 180$ revolver. Lol. Y'all sure do whine.....

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ky221

Nice group size there

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whine, Whats the big deal.

Some, have no interest in what a cheap gun offers.
That's ok.

Some, have no idea what a high quality gun is, and are tickled to death
with anything they can make go bang.
That's ok.

Some, will never shoot it.
That's ok.

You appear to have gotten what you expect, and are happy.
That's great.

The OP ask opinions,
That's exactly what he got.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

That's ok.

That's ok.

That's ok.

That's great.

The OP ask opinions,

I have a few revolvers that I consider to be a good bit nicer than a wrangler........guess what? For a gun that lives on the glove box of my SXS.......I like the wrangler and probably shoot it the most. The whining I see is from people whose wrangler didn't measure up to some of the other popular 22LR revolvers.

For 180$ with cerekote how can it? How can you possibly expect it not to feel "cheap"? The cylinder free spins....BFD. Etc etc. It shoots decent and goes bang. Good enough.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ky221

That's ok.

That's ok.

That's ok.

That's great.

The OP ask opinions,

I have a few revolvers that I consider to be a good bit nicer than a wrangler........guess what? For a gun that lives on the glove box of my SXS.......I like the wrangler and probably shoot it the most. The whining I see is from people whose wrangler didn't measure up to some of the other popular 22LR revolvers.

For 180$ with cerekote how can it? How can you possibly expect it not to feel "cheap"? The cylinder free spins....BFD. Etc etc. It shoots decent and goes bang. Good enough.

You are the type that thinks only opinions that agree with you count.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age

That's ok.

That's ok.

That's ok.

That's great.

The OP ask opinions,

No I'm the type that doesn't expect a 180$ revolver to have all the bells and whistles of a 600$ revolver. Some people call that "being realistic".

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That's ok.

That's ok.

That's ok.

That's great.

The OP ask opinions,

No I'm the type that doesn't expect a 180$ revolver to have all the bells and whistles of a 600$ revolver. Some people call that "being realistic".

See

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

That's ok.

That's ok.

That's ok.

That's great.

The OP ask opinions,

See

You seem
Like the type that expects something for nothing, and is probably never satisfied and gets triggered pretty easily😂

You'll fit in great around here.

IC B3

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I wasn't expecting a target pistol for the price, but I was expecting to be able to roughly hit what I was aiming at.

Having to hold a foot off target is unacceptable when you're dealing with fixed sights, regardless of price point.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Glad I read this thread. Some of you stopped me from wasting a couple of hundred dollars.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by moosemike
The Ruger Wrangler felt very much like junk to me. And the freewheeling cylinder was a touch too much as well

I wish all Ruger single actions came with a freewheel pawl. The Power Custom pawl is easy to fit and install...but maybe Ruger could do it better??

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by zcm82
I wasn't expecting a target pistol for the price, but I was expecting to be able to roughly hit what I was aiming at.

Having to hold a foot off target is unacceptable when you're dealing with fixed sights, regardless of price point.

Call Ruger and see if they will fix it.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Not my gun, it's my old man's. I'm not sure if he hung onto it after that, or got rid of it after seeing how piss poor it shot.

TBH, I dunno why he still buys handguns, he can't see the sights anymore 🙄. He has me shoot them to see how they do.

I told him a while back he needs to just buy himself a 410 revolver since he can't see [bleep].

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Glad I read this thread. Some of you stopped me from wasting a couple of hundred dollars.

Agreed, but it sure is tempting to buy a revolver for the same amount as my monthly phone bill.........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 257heaven
Originally Posted by moosemike

I wish all Ruger single actions came with a freewheel pawl. The Power Custom pawl is easy to fit and install...but maybe Ruger could do it better??

I agree with you about the advantages of a freewheel pawl, especially when loading. Loading a single action is a pain anyway and having the ability to rotate the cylinder both ways makes it a wee bit faster and more convenient.

It would be great if all single action shooters had this feature.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I have two, put the oversized hogue grips on one, we shoot it the most. Picked up a used one for 125 at a lgs, stays in the truck. Hard to beat a new one for 200 bucks, if you dont like it send it on down the road for a small loss if that.

I want a birdshead now.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

Agreed, but it sure is tempting to buy a revolver for the same amount as my monthly phone bill.........

especially a ruger revolver.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by zcm82

dont shoot a bearcat then, ours is terrible, and twice the price, if not more now, if you can find one.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,437 guests, and 1,386 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,204
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.