Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ribka
Don't forget the real estate situation in China and now Australia. That will infect our economy too. Why does China have such a strong lockdown now? I think they're preparing for a major collapse.
Good assessment. I also think they know there will be a food shortage in the next 2 years so they are starving and allowing mass suicide until then.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Shipping from China takes an additional 2 months Or more now. More shortages

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Calvin
How many houses would have to go into foreclosure to eat up the housing shortage, overwhelm the investment banks, and overwhelm the individual investors.

Same applies to the job market.

I know you read an article. We all read articles.

Why are mortgage companies, banks beginning to lay off people now? Are they projecting more business the next two years?

Refi boom is over thanks to rising interest rates.

I expect a slow down and maybe even a pull back in the real estate market. Crash, no. They didn’t make a million subprime mortgages like they did before the last legitimate crash.

People will get locked into their homes for awhile and will probably go a little upside down for a bit, but it will be cheaper to pay the mortgage than to rent. If you think the real estate market has been nuts, look at the rental market.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Wells Fargo laid off just under 600 mortgage brokers recently.

LOTS of people are getting priced out due to hikes in rates.

7 years ago when I got my mortgage, I had to fight to get a fixed rate, they were pushing ARM's hard then - don't know if they are now but I imagine people still took ARM's.

Foreclosures will be snapped up by large firms, not individual people

Me

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Zillow was buying houses left and right and has abandoned that practice in the last few months.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shipping from China takes an additional 2 months Or more now. More shortages

Demand for Chinese shipping is dropping. Dropping enough that the spot price from China to US has dropped. Consider that a LARGE chunk of supply is effectively off the market due to Shanghai lock downs, thus skewing the supply/demand ratio - it's still at such a point where demand has dropped so spot pricing is dropping. If Shanghai was open - the drop would be even more stark.

Me

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Zillow was buying houses left and right and has abandoned that practice in the last few months.

Zillow thought it would be a good idea to buy homes, do minor renovations, and flip, all based on an algorithm.

Sounds good until you can’t find anyone to do minor renovations.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by BobMt

fjb...gets full credit for the gas situation....but I dont think so on the housing ...its been coming for awhile....all the cheap money hasnt just been bidens doing.....bob

Oh It's all on him, the Fed should have acted many moons ago.

yes they should have...when trump was in....low interest rates makes one a hero....plenty of blame to go around....bob

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by BobMt

fjb...gets full credit for the gas situation....but I dont think so on the housing ...its been coming for awhile....all the cheap money hasnt just been bidens doing.....bob
I agree, but don’t really give a damn if he gets the blame.

I hope he gets all the blame......bob

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Teal

7 years ago when I got my mortgage, I had to fight to get a fixed rate, they were pushing ARM's hard then - don't know if they are now but I imagine people still took ARM's.

Arms make up 4%.

WF has the Worst mortgage dept. last choice

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Zillow thought it would be a good idea to buy homes, do minor renovations, and flip, all based on an algorithm.

Sounds good until you can’t find anyone to do minor renovations.

Their comps and "estimated market price" was fairy dust too. Disconnected from reality. They were buying homes at an inflated price based on bad assumptions and then couldn't flip them when a live Realtor started talking to people.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Arms make up 4%.

WF has the Worst mortgage dept. last choice

4% is not a small number in total. And I'd suspect they're also at the higher end of the spectrum as people stretched to get more home. I bought a home with fixed rate at 1/3 of my "approved amount". I suspect I'll be okay. Even when switching over to a CU last month, they of course wanted to know if I wanted to bring anything over like a mortgage - they can't touch my rate. Not even close.

WF may suck but they write a lot of mortgages. 205 billion worth in 2021

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Also read an article on CBS that 10% of mortgages in Jan were ARM - up from 4% the year before - it's growing and thus, more risk.

Jump

Me

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Also read an article on CBS that 10% of mortgages in Jan were ARM - up from 4% the year before - it's growing and thus, more risk.

Jump

Saw that too. Banks are pushing ARM s again

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Joeynomics... Hitting all sectors...

Biden Bucks are losing purchasing power everywhere.

HARD COMMODITIES... PHYSICALLY HELD

... sayeth Sir King 'O Cash.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R

Plus the fraud in commercial mortgage backed securities coming to fruition

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
How many houses would have to go into foreclosure to eat up the housing shortage, overwhelm the investment banks, and overwhelm the individual investors.

Man, I hope you are right and I’m wrong. I don’t see a lot of folks around my area sitting on cash and waiting for a real estate drop. I see a lot of folks barely keeping their heads above water.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Plus the fraud in commercial mortgage backed securities coming to fruition

ROFLMAO...

Oh boy what a sector...

"Brick and Mortar will Shine Again!" Bill Tyler in Mountain Men (1980)

"Take me, Bill Tyler! Take me!" K-Marts... as many as stars in the sky." Henry Frapp

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Man, I hope you are right and I’m wrong. I don’t see a lot of folks around my area sitting on cash and waiting for a real estate drop. I see a lot of folks barely keeping their heads above water.

The American tax payer funded covid cash scheme was just another huge money laundering scheme like in 2008. The cash filtered though our economy and ended up again in the wealthiest people around the world.

OF COURSE AS ALWAYS THE VAST MAJORITY OF AMERICANS DID NOT PREPARE

Look at the record debt now

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/06/economy/consumer-credit-debt-march/index.html

Last edited by ribka; 05/09/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think Brick and Mortar will not die, it may come back a bit but likely the issue is inventory. There's a ton of it. EVERY strip mall and major mall and "office complex" I've driven past in the last year has space available.

3 days ago -

According to a report from Mastercard SpendingPulse, shoppers are pulling back from ecommerce as they grapple with inflation and are eager to shop in stores again. E(e)tsy, Wayfair, Poshmark, and Shopify all saw their stocks fall as they posted less than stellar results.

https://lnkd.in/eHJ6v7yZ

Retail spending grew 10%, while ecommerce fell 1.8%. After this market cycle, I think Amazon and Walmart will emerge strengthened compared to a lot of DTC players.

Me

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

570 members (257Bob, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 77 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,969
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.