Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by Swifty52
…if alcohol is consumed?
…or when the bottle breaks out and the beer starts to flow, do you disarm and lock the guns away?

Start drinking the gun comes off and sits on a table right next to me. Otherwise I am armed in or out of the house.
Why, if your firearm is still just as easy, if not easier to access on the table?

2 reasons, my CHP says I can’t have a gun on me if I have been drinking. Zero tolerance, so if I step outside and shoot someone I be fugged, if they kick in my door and I shoot ‘em with one off the table, not a damn thing illegal.
Reason 2, I promised the wife I wouldn’t carry and drink. I give the gun to her and she’s very proficient.

I don't carry around the house. There are several placed around the house within easy reach. The guns stay in the same place, in the same condition at all times. Me having a drink doesn't change that, nor do I see any reason it should. It seems as if you're inferring that somehow a loaded AR in the corner or pistol on the counter becomes more dangerous if I'm having a beer. I don't follow that logic but if you're someone who has an uncontrollable urge to pick up and play with firearms when you're drinking then maybe you should lock yours away. That's not me and the guns stay in the same place whether I'm having a drink or not.

For the two reasons you listed, I don't have a CHP. First, I'm in a constitutional carry state and I don't believe in asking government permission for a God given right so I don't have any rules attached to a CHP. Second, I don't have a wife so I don't have to promise not to carry and drink, and I wouldn't let her dictate such things to me if I had one.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Steve4102: IF.... YOU or ANYONE else feels they have to carry a concealed firearm in their home then you/they need to pack up yourshit, sell said home and move!
Sheesh.
A firearm should/could be prudently available but to carry a firearm in ones home is just bizarre in my experience.
Double sheesh.
And more directly - "do I carry a concealed firearm around my home"? Absofuckinlutely not.
Puzzled in Poughkeepsie.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
10-ish years ago an older couple in their 60's, small town, pillars of the church, good community citizens, etc. had the misfortune to have a wacko stroll into their house in the middle of the afternoon and bludgeon them to death with a fireplace poker. I have carried most waking moments ever since, drinking or not. I don't carry at the bar.

You do not get to choose when you may need your gun. The bad guys choose for you.

Last edited by prplbkrr; 05/09/22.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No. Live in a dead-end snob knob development and no one but the residents and delivery rigs come up here. Mostly doctors and three state policemen as neighbors.

If one needs a rig, stop by, as the keys are usually on the dash or in the ignition.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/09/22.

1Minute
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Got a 1100 with magazine extension in east reach,00 buckshot

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
I often carry at home but since my wife nor I consume alcohol, it is not a problem.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I don’t carry when I drink.
I very rarely carry.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Robb, let me tell you buddy it is not too late to start drinking. It is not as difficult as you may have heard. I am here to help.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
In MN you cannot only carry in a bar, you can consume.

...But this is supposed to be about carrying at home.

Do you drink alcohol at home and still carry OR have ready access to firearms, or do you lock them away when consuming?

In Minnesota you can consume alcohol up to a BAC of .04 and still carry a firearm in public. Beyond that and one can be arrested and, if convicted, be fined and suffer revocation of permit. "Under the influence" is another standard that can lead to charges and penalties but that generally is a higher standard than .04 BAC.

In the home, one can be drunk as a skunk and still legally carry. Shoot someone in self defense while in that condition and the wrong prosecutor can make life painful. A large part of the problem will be the alcohol talking when one should be waiting for their attorney. There is no consistency in that area and one has to hope for a sympathetic prosecutor or jury.

Back on topic, I don't usually carry in the house but I'll have something handy. If I step out of the house I'll be armed as it is common to run across something that needs shooting. Since April 1st it's been 5 raccoons, 3 coyotes, 3 possums, a skunk, and a dozen plus English sparrows.

When I leave my property I am always armed and it is not uncommon to have two or more guns with me. The area used to be overflow for methheads but it was cleaned up fairly well when psuedoephrine laws were enacted making meth cheaper and easier to obtain from Mexico.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Down side I see to this post , could be how you answer .
You get in some shiet and shiet is deep enough that computers or phones get confiscated and you are blabbing about blowing the sheit out of somebody or other chest thumping B.S. it could be used to shine a shadow on your character.
Liberal judge or jury would bite into that sort of thing hard .
Kenneth

We are talking about carrying firearms at home.

We have a 2nd Amendment. And a 1st. (Or what's left of them)

This is a hunting and shooting site where guys may actually talk about firearms for self defense... *Gasp*

While I wouldn't go on Facebook or Twitter and have a Rambo photo of myself posted up with a dare to step off the sidewalk, I doubt talk of Shoot-Don't Shoot scenarios will get you indicted after shooting a burglar in your own home.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I don't care if you drink and carry at home, as long as your at your home not mine, I feel gunpowder and booze don't do well together. Rio7

Last edited by RIO7; 05/09/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I don’t carry when I drink.
I very rarely carry.
lol

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I carry everyday, and around the house as well. Three drinks is my limit when carrying, so if I know I will have more I lock it up.

This method has worked well for me for 35 years.

Pershing 1A. No city too big, no populated area too small. We even get the roaches.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RIO7
I don't care if you drink and carry at home, as long as your at your home not mine, I feel gunpowder and booze don't do well together. Rio7

I agree. I shot the pool table one night.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by RIO7

I agree. I shot the pool table one night.

And Bubba shot the jukebox...

Though that was at Margie's and not at home. But, what if Bubba had been there enough to consider Margie's his one?

Last edited by woodmaster81; 05/09/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I did not go to church 35 years of Sundays to damage my testimony drinking that demon alcohol

Just think, I could have used all those Sundays to run up cholesterol eating chili poured over Fritos and watching Paint Your Wagon for the 27th time.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Never been a problem for me. wink

I'll not swallow a thief to steal my brains.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
some of you guys must live in some schhiddy azz neighborhoods

My biggest fear...what are those damm buck deer gonna destroy tonight ?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"or do you just ignore the 51% sign and carry anyway?"

I've never seen one of those signs anywhere.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by victoro
"or do you just ignore the 51% sign and carry anyway?"

I've never seen one of those signs anywhere.

I’ve only ever seen one in TX in my 25 years of legal carry.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (204guy, 264mag, 257heaven, 2five7, 117LBS, 2ndwind, 47 invisible), 2,447 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,974
Posts18,499,435
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.