Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hudge
I clean, it’s just how I was taught, so I do it.

Do you remove your hat when you do it? grin (From another thread.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a Sinclair tool, use it sometimes, usually just a mild scrape with the small RCBS tool.

In a hunting rifle, say a Mod 70 fwt 30-06...is "deburring" the Flash Hole of Winchester/Remington brass really necessary? I have only had a few really tight, blueprinted, custom jobs that I could tell it worked on. Same with cutting the primer pockets with the Sinclair Tool. For along time I only used lapua, Norma and Nosler brass that was already prepped during manufacture.???

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To be honest, I probably couldn't tell if deburring the inside of the flash hole made any difference for most loading, but it gave me a warm and fuzzy doing it just to be sure I was covering all my bases. I've come to the conclusion that loading is a total of a lot of sequential processes depending on how accurate you want/need your loads to be. Each process is incremental to the end product, so skipping one step in the process like deburring the flash holes, or chamfering the case mouths, or cleaning the primer pockets may or may not make a difference by themselves, the incremental nature of the whole process contributes to the end result.

To make a long story longer, it probably doesn't really matter all that much for hunting loads as long as you're not shooting extreme long range. In fact, in most cases I doubt you could measure the group difference in most hunting rifles with/without the extra steps. In a target rifle or across the course rifle it will probably be measurable, but I wouldn't know for sure....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,587 guests, and 1,374 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,448
Posts18,470,996
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.