-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've bought several Vortex "Crossfire II" 3-9×40. I still have one on an AR10 .308.
It's... uhhmmm... ok, but it damn sure ain't a Leopold! 😜
...but anymore, if you're not willing to drop $300/$400 on decent glass, you're just screwed! 🤬

The days of a $65 Weaver K4 or a nice Leupold VX-I for less than $200 are O-V-E-R!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
In the past 1.5 years I've sorted out two rifles due to horrendous accuracy for friends-of-friends. Each spent a couple hundred bucks in ammo in their frustrations and both owners INSISTED the rifles needed to get sent packing. I chuckled when I learned each scope was a newish, low-to-mid priced Vortex scope on top that a show dog couldn't jump over. I bet each a case of beer that it wasn't the rifle.

I confirmed that each rifle did indeed shoot like dog-doodoo even with some of my reloads (7-08 and .243). I swapped both scopes for a spare VX2 2-12 and each immediately turned into sub MOA shooters.

I swear I'm gonna lose my szchit on the next neophyte that I hear proudly justify their purchase decision with; "I bought the Vortex - if something happens to it, they replace it, brah."

In fairness, I have a couple Razor 1.5-8x32 scopes that I'm generally pleased with the performance to date. While I don't like to get caught up in these debates and consider myself more discerning-optics-guy than I am optics-snob – opinions are like arseholes, I'd personally not mount a lower model Vortex on a dare. OMMV.

I really like this post.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
All the dumb muther [bleep] Vortex bashers buying bottom of the barrel crossfires and wondering why the Chinese [bleep] pieces of [bleep] don't work/last. Idiots. Go buy a blister pack from Walmart you dumb ass bastid fuggs.

Vortex Warranty is without question the best in the industry. Even for dumb Fudds...........who think a $200 scope is going to track or work properly, let alone last.

Vortex Razor line is bomber, as is most anything coming out of LOW in Japan.

Razor LHT Are FUGGIN BOMB.....................
Gen 2 Razors/ Gen 3 Razors........BOMBER

Buy cheap as [bleep] and get cheap as results..................

Atleast Vortex will take care of your dumbss............without question

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I just wish everyone would buy a couple of Vortex's and get it over with. People who believe everything they see on the internet make me tired.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
All the dumb muther [bleep] Vortex bashers buying bottom of the barrel crossfires and wondering why the Chinese [bleep] pieces of [bleep] don't work/last. Idiots. Go buy a blister pack from Walmart you dumb ass bastid fuggs.

Vortex Warranty is without question the best in the industry. Even for dumb Fudds...........who think a $200 scope is going to track or work properly, let alone last.

Atleast Vortex will take care of your [email protected] question

Nailed it.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't like em

Coyotes shot no waiting.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
I don't like em

Details?

DF

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by SKane
In the past 1.5 years I've sorted out two rifles due to horrendous accuracy for friends-of-friends. Each spent a couple hundred bucks in ammo in their frustrations and both owners INSISTED the rifles needed to get sent packing. I chuckled when I learned each scope was a newish, low-to-mid priced Vortex scope on top that a show dog couldn't jump over. I bet each a case of beer that it wasn't the rifle.

I confirmed that each rifle did indeed shoot like dog-doodoo even with some of my reloads (7-08 and .243). I swapped both scopes for a spare VX2 2-12 and each immediately turned into sub MOA shooters.

I swear I'm gonna lose my szchit on the next neophyte that I hear proudly justify their purchase decision with; "I bought the Vortex - if something happens to it, they replace it, brah."

In fairness, I have a couple Razor 1.5-8x32 scopes that I'm generally pleased with the performance to date. While I don't like to get caught up in these debates and consider myself more discerning-optics-guy than I am optics-snob – opinions are like arseholes, I'd personally not mount a lower model Vortex on a dare. OMMV.

I really like this post.

I like this post as well except for the fact that I have never seen a VX2 2-12
confused

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Yes, razors are the only line worth owning in their scopes. All else will fail. The problem is there are a ton of options before you get to the Razor lines and many feel they should be good enough. Even the Viper line leaves much to be desired, all the while having a not-so-cheap price tag. I had a PST fail, sent a new one that was bad new-in-box and then they sent me a third. I took it from the box, twisted the turret a time or two, and decided to sell it and spare the heartache. For the $850 or whatever I spent on it, it was nothing to write home about.

The curious thing is how much better their binocular lines seem, from top to bottom, than the scopes. It is quite odd.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Oh, and I'm not defending Vortex's [bleep] quality control on low end models. Athlon seems to use a much more reliable OEM to produce their Chinese scopes.

The incredible success of Vortex goes to show how few rounds most purchasers actually fire down range. Let alone are capable of shooting well enough to know if they are shooting 3 MOA groups because they have a rabbit flinch shooting the ole 0'6, or the scope isn't functioning properly.

That being said, anyone who spends less than $1,000 on a scope gets what she deserves.

I don't know how Vortex puts up with Fudds. But, they do and are quite successful doing so .

Their razor line is the best of the best coming out of Japan and I can hit it with a hammer, take a [bleep] on it, and they will send me a prepaid overnight UPS shipping label, replace it no questions and send me a free hat for my "trouble"

I fuggin love Vortex.................Razors

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
See, that's the thing about it all. Other manufacturers seem to be able to make more economy lines with much better results. Burris FF for example is a rather reliable piece for an attractive price...align that with a Crossfire at the same price and one can see a huge discrepancy. I think Vortex has seen most of its success because they market very well.

That being said, the minute of white-tail, box of shells every few years types are good with em.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Best warranty, lol what a joke! They wouldnt let me send the 2 vipers i had problems with back. Said they would not fix them. Oh thats a great warranty

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
That's interesting, first I've ever heard of them refusing a warranty. I mean, they don't fix anything but swap stuff.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Oh, and I'm not defending Vortex's [bleep] quality control on low end models. Athlon seems to use a much more reliable OEM to produce their Chinese scopes.

The incredible success of Vortex goes to show how few rounds most purchasers actually fire down range. Let alone are capable of shooting well enough to know if they are shooting 3 MOA groups because they have a rabbit flinch shooting the ole 0'6, or the scope isn't functioning properly.

That being said, anyone who spends less than $1,000 on a scope gets what she deserves.

I don't know how Vortex puts up with Fudds. But, they do and are quite successful doing so .

Their razor line is the best of the best coming out of Japan and I can hit it with a hammer, take a [bleep] on it, and they will send me a prepaid overnight UPS shipping label, replace it no questions and send me a free hat for my "trouble"

Curious how you know so much about Vortex and inexpensive scopes in general seeing as how you're such a knowledgeable optics connoisseur and could never be duped into buying or using such junk.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Curious how you know so much about Vortex and inexpensive scopes in general seeing as how you're such a knowledgeable optics connoisseur and could never be duped into buying or using such junk.

He probably saw you defending them and correctly assumed they were garbage.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can't really defend them as I only have the one Vortex crossbow scope. Maybe I've just been lucky but so far it's worked fine. Other than that, all I know is that my two buddies killed more deer last season with their new Diamondbacks than you have in the last 10 years.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've only used 2 of them sighting in rifles for friends. I didn't study glass and all that stuff, just sighted in.

First was on a .338 Lapua. I'm not sure the model but it was FFP and high power. It seemed to have a one shot delay on adjustments. Adjustments seemed to match the reticle. Wasn't a problem to sight in once the 1 shot delay was identified. Rifle was a Christiansen Arms MPR, new rifle, owner had never fired it, wanted it 0'd at 300 with reloads taken from an internet list of "accurate loads".....it was a very accurate rifle and the 300 yard 3 shot group was impressive.

Second was on a .308, Viper PST 5-25x50. I don't know which Gen it was as I'm not familiar with them and didn't research them. It was a FFP scope. Adjustments did not seem to match the reticle and adjustments weren't consistent. It was quite a pain sighting it in. After finishing this one I was pretty angry.

I didn't go through the rings/bases on either of these and I didn't mount them. There could be issues there. I don't know the accuracy potential of the .308 with the loads I was given....the trigger was pretty heavy.

So the only 2 I've played with, the first had a 1 shot adjustment delay and the second was a flustercluck. Others aside from those may be great....but I'd be hard pressed to purchase any of their models with SWFA and Nightforce SHV options available.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I like and own Leupold optics and no doubt Leupold is my favorite but i've owned several Vortex scopes and bino's and still own a few. The only one i've had trouble with was a Crossfire 8x42 bino and they sent me a new pair. I have a pair of Diamondback and Viper 10x42's and i've had no problems what so ever with either of those. I had an older model 2.5x10x44 Viper that i gave my brother and he still uses it and fills his tags every season with it as i did when i had it. Have a Diamondback 2x7x35 rimfire on a 22mag that has also been flawless as has an older model Diamondback 3x9x40 on a 243 for my son. I can't say anything bad about Vortex because the Vortex products i've owned with the exception of one has been ok for me. No doubt they don't compare to the higher end stuff thats out there but they don't carry that price tag either. I personally think with optics you get what you pay for and i also think for the average shooter or hunter Vortex works without breaking the bank. Mike

Life's Tough, God's Good, Pray Hard!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

86 members (35, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 2500HD, 7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 6 invisible), 1,388 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,510
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.